Homebrew Save Data Manager and Editor for firmware up to 9.9!

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thanks for the help, I'll definitely look into that modified version some other time, I don't feel like downloading it now xD
You're welcome. The problem you described has been reported with the same apps you were having problems. Any of those 2 boot.3dsx I told you about should fix it. Good luck.

nickdos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You're welcome. The problem you described has been reported with the same apps you were having problems. Any of those 2 boot.3dsx I told you about should fix it. Good luck.

Since this boot.3dsx is actually necessary to use this app, why don't you put it in the op?

shawly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I dumped my retail Pokemon X with my Gateway 10 months ago and I wiped the save data of my retail cart. (Yes stupid idea, but the OCD was too strong..)
Then I figured out I can't even use the save game of the dump with my Gateway and it said the save game is corrupted...

Luckily I still have the original dump with my old save game.
The question is, can I mount it via Gateway, load up the Save Manager, dump the save and then insert my retail cart and restore it via the Save Manager? Would that be possible??

Or can I somehow "copy" my story progress and my Pokemon from the corrupted save via PKHeX to a new save?
I know I can copy all my Pokes from the corrupted save (at least I have a main file with all my old Pokemon) to a new save and edit the TrainerID from the new save to match my old Pokemon, but this way I only have my Pokemon not my progress..

BTW, do I have to use Iron-/TubeHax to use the Save Manager or can I convert the 3dsx to a cia to launch it within my emuNAND? 2DS is on 8.1.0 and my emuNAND is still 9.5, since I haven't played in a while I haven't updated it yet.

Last edited by shawly,

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
So I dumped my retail Pokemon X with my Gateway 10 months ago and I wiped the save data of my retail cart. (Yes stupid idea, but the OCD was too strong..)
Then I figured out I can't even use the save game of the dump with my Gateway and it said the save game is corrupted...

Luckily I still have the original dump with my old save game.
The question is, can I mount it via Gateway, load up the Save Manager, dump the save and then insert my retail cart and restore it via the Save Manager? Would that be possible??

Or can I somehow "copy" my story progress and my Pokemon from the corrupted save via PKHeX to a new save?
I know I can copy all my Pokes from the corrupted save (at least I have a main file with all my old Pokemon) to a new save and edit the TrainerID from the new save to match my old Pokemon, but this way I only have my Pokemon not my progress..

BTW, do I have to use Iron-/TubeHax to use the Save Manager or can I convert the 3dsx to a cia to launch it within my emuNAND? 2DS is on 8.1.0 and my emuNAND is still 9.5, since I haven't played in a while I haven't updated it yet.
It depends if you have a decrypted save. You can also use SaveDataFiller on you gateway to extract decrypted saves

shawly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It depends if you have a decrypted save. You can also use SaveDataFiller on you gateway to extract decrypted saves

It's ten months ago and as far as I remember I tried exactly that but I think SaveDataFiler said nope and wouldn't extract the main from the Pokemon X dump..
I hoped Save Manager could do exactly that..

I also have a main file with all my old Pokemon, but I checked the trainer info with PKHeX and saw that this save just has 20minutes of playtime. Which means I backed up the Pokemon on my Pokebank first and transferred them to a new save.

When I get home from work in 3 hours I'll try to extract the save with SaveDataFiler again. But I have a faint memory, that even SaveDataFiler said the save is corrupt, I think it was red so it wouldn't let me extract the main file.. But when I wipe the save game the dump works fine so which means the dump itself wasn't damaged.

Edit: I have exactly the same problem as this guy: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can-i-decrypt-my-retail-pokemon-x-save-for-use-on-gateway.378557/
The save has 6.0 encryption because I played Pokemon X on my normal 8.1.0 2DS before.

And I think I can't use the powersaves device since my retail Pokemon X doesn't have the savegame anymore...
So I need a method to inject the save game from the dump back into the cartridge and I hoped I could do that with Save Manager..

Last edited by shawly,

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I have a question, if my Mario kart 7 files get corruped (I don't know why, but it randomly happens) can i restore them using this app? (obviously if i created a backup file before?) I think it's obvious but i want to be sure. :)

Also, why my app appears like this?
1KLGdqE.jpg

It doesn't have a description, why? :(

I'm already in 2.5 and my console ver. is 9.9-26

Last edited by Critichart,

SAHunterMech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I have a situation here. When I press B to import a save, it starts doing that, then the app exits back to homebrew on its own. It does this so fast I can't read what's on the screen before it exits. Am I right to assume that the save will only successfully import at all if the app returns to the main menu after importing?

Edit: Managed to capture the text.

Restoring save data...
/saveDataBackup/ , DS_Store 100% em_data.bin 100%%

Total: 60terminate called after throwing an instance of 'fsException'
terminate called recursively

Last edited by SAHunterMech,

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this work with save data with the new encryption?
I want to transfer the save from my retail cartridge to my to my .cia version of the game.

I tried making a backup of the entire cartridge with the gateway save manager, but the save file didn't transfer.

Sidenote, Can I install the Homebrew Channel as a .cia? I don't have pasta installed on my console, and no longer have a copy of Cubic Ninja

D

Deleted-236924

Okay, I have a situation here. When I press B to import a save, it starts doing that, then the app exits back to homebrew on its own. It does this so fast I can't read what's on the screen before it exits. Am I right to assume that the save will only successfully import at all if the app returns to the main menu after importing?

Edit: Managed to capture the text.

Restoring save data...
/saveDataBackup/ , DS_Store 100% em_data.bin 100%%

Total: 60terminate called after throwing an instance of 'fsException'
terminate called recursively
If you're on a mac it would be making some kind of .DS_STORE hidden folder in the folder, and it would be trying to restore that to your game along with the actual save data, which may be why it's failing.

Last edited by ,

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I put the save file so save data manager can locate it? I am trying to edit Bravely Default but when I launch Save Data manager it only sees System Settings and target tile selector

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Where do I put the save file so save data manager can locate it? I am trying to edit Bravely Default but when I launch Save Data manager it only sees System Settings and target tile selector
Use the left and right D-pad buttons to switch between titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?