Save data and sd card

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unrelated to Luma3DS (or CFW).

Check data management if you're not sure.
So I went ahead and put JKSM on my 2ds and basically got the same error. I also checked data management, and DQ VIII did show up. I'll try running it again on my 3ds where I originally started it. I have a screenshot of the root of my 3ds sd card compared with the root of my 2ds sd card above a few posts. Maybe that could highlight the issue. A picture of the error on JKSM is there too.

Attachments

• 20230213_200805.jpg
    20230213_200805.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • 20230213_220608.jpg
    20230213_220608.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I went ahead and put JKSM on my 2ds and basically got the same error. I'll try running again on my 3ds where I originally started it. I have a screenshot of the root of my 3ds sd card compared with the root of my 2ds sd card above a few posts. Maybe that could highlight the issue. The error on JKSM is there too.
Do you have save files created in game for the games in question for JKSM to overwrite?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd need to backup both the save and its extdata again on your old 3ds with jksm, then copy/paste them on your 2DS. As i'm not sure if the ones backed up with Checkpoint would work with jksm..

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So put the backed up save and extdata from the old 3ds into my 2ds sd card, in the folder where the jksm backups are kept?

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I actually found what the issue was!
It had to do with the luma locales because the DQ 8 cia is the US version, and I have a Japanese 2DSLL. I just went into Luma settings, enabled game patching, and it worked. Saves and data intact😓

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I actually found what the issue was!
It had to do with the luma locales because the DQ 8 cia is the US version, and I have a Japanese 2DSLL.
I just went into Luma settings, enabled game patching, and it worked. Saves and data intact😓
So when you did that it allowed you to restore extdata? Or did you just run the game just with your restored save?

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when you did that it allowed you to restore extdata? Or did you just run the game just with your restored save?

When I did that in luma settings, I started the game right after, and it was fine again. However, before I knew this, I had already backed up and restored both with Checkpoint and JKSM. I think this was running off of the Checkpoint restore.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s