Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
3ds.guide says:
"Due to a bug, safehax currently requires a functioning cartridge of some kind (3ds, nds, flashcart, etc) to be inserted in order to complete successfully. As a temporary workaround, users less than or equal to 9.2.0 who do not own any cartridges can copy Decrypt9WIP.3dsx to /3ds/ and run it directly without any hax"

Is there a way to downgrade from 11.2 to 9.2? This could be the only way for people who don't own a game cart (besides buying a game)

Grantman20

Trophies
Website
www.pokemon.com
XP
Country
United States
3ds.guide says:
"Due to a bug, safehax currently requires a functioning cartridge of some kind (3ds, nds, flashcart, etc) to be inserted in order to complete successfully. As a temporary workaround, users less than or equal to 9.2.0 who do not own any cartridges can copy Decrypt9WIP.3dsx to /3ds/ and run it directly without any hax"

Is there a way to downgrade from 11.2 to 9.2? This could be the only way for people who don't own a game cart (besides buying a game)
just buy a game. is it that hard to go to your local store and pickup a game you'd be interested in?

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just buy a game. is it that hard to go to your local store and pickup a game you'd be interested in?
Indeed, yes it is! In my country they are super expensive, I'll have to save money for some months (or buy through the internet, pray for not being taxed and wait for months too anyway). I guess I'll just wait for the bug to be solved or borrow a game from someone when possible... (But if there was a simple way to downgrade from 11.2 to 9.2 it would be great right? Being able to not depend on any card is the goal besides not having to wait months for something)

Reactions: Alanoide97

Alanoide97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Indeed, yes it is! In my country they are super expensive, I'll have to save money for some months (or buy through the internet, pray for not being taxed and wait for months too anyway). I guess I'll just wait for the bug to be solved or borrow a game from someone when possible... (But if there was a simple way to downgrade from 11.2 to 9.2 it would be great right? Being able to not depend on any card is the goal besides not having to wait months for something)
Sorry, but the only other way to downgrade from 11.2 is a hardmod. So you got three options.

1- Wait until the bug gets solved like i am.

2- Buy a cartridge. I understand the price point, Mexico is fucked up too. (Suggestion: Check pawn shops, they often have some as low as 50 MXN. Around 2.5 bucks)

3- Borrow a cartridge. Max time that you need it is a couple of hours. If this issue doesn´t get resolved before the 16; i´m borrowing one from a classmate, hacking during free hours and give it back the same day.

Last edited by Alanoide97,
Reactions: npessoa

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, but the only other way to downgrade from 11.2 is a hardmod. So you got three options.

1- Wait until the bug gets solved like i am.

2- Buy a cartridge. I understand the price point, Mexico is fucked up too. (Suggestion: Check pawn shops, they often have some as low as 50 MXN. Around 2.5 bucks)

3- Borrow a cartridge. Max time that you need it is a couple of hours. If this issue doesn´t get resolved before the 16; i´m borrowing one from a classmate, hacking during free hours and give it back the same day.
Yeah, I know someone who I'm gonna meet next week who can borrow me a game, that's if the bug doesn't get solved until there. I'll just keep waiting for news, following the forums and github...

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Max time you need the cartridge is like 30 seconds. You only need to use it to get into safehax Decrypt9 and you only do that once.

It obviously would be real nice if you didn't need a cartridge though. Hopefully that gets fixed. Apparently old DS carts work as well.

Reactions: npessoa

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Max time you need the cartridge is like 30 seconds. You only need to use it to get into safehax Decrypt9 and you only do that once.

It obviously would be real nice if you didn't need a cartridge though. Hopefully that gets fixed. Apparently old DS carts work as well.
Any cart will work, it's unknown why it's required though

Last edited by KevinX8,

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any cart will work, it's unknown why it's required though
Not quite any cart. Sky3ds and Supercard DSTWO doesn't work, although some flashcards do (DS specific flashcard and I think I saw someone saying R4 flashcard worked too), besides any retail game for 3DS or DS.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Anybody out there without a cart want to test this attachment? Works for me.
For those with a cart, it'd be cool if you could test it cartless as well.

I'll clean up and upload the source later today. I'm tired.

Attachments

• safehax.zip
    99.6 KB · Views: 3,479

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anybody out there without a cart want to test this attachment? Works for me.
For those with a cart, it'd be cool if you could test it cartless as well.

I'll clean up and upload the source later today. I'm tired.
Does it have fasthax embedded? I will test it now

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good. :D

It was a timing issue. The cart was acting as a delay factor that got things in sync.
Man... Thanks so much!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good. :D

It was a timing issue. The cart was acting as a delay factor that got things in sync.
Is this log content normal?

Attachments

• Decrypt9.zip
    354 bytes · Views: 303

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And the meat patty is almost as thin as the slice of cheese.