Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
No. My release is about 100% stable. Use it. (or plailect guide version but you'll need a cart inserted).

They (the devs) are trying to get fasthax to boot separately from the apps it gives extra perms to before they consider it "done". This isn't really important to the end user though, and it's currently very unstable.
I just tested your latest release with my spare 3ds (reverted it back to stock). I didn't thought it'll have a menu, I thought I have to press and hold a button right after running fasthax haha.

Test results:

Godmode9 works with the chainloader.
Luma3DS works with chainloader.
Decrypt9 works with chainloader.
Hourglass9 doesn't.

Will try if the chainloader will work on v2.1.0 too. will report back.

UPDATE:

chainloader doesn't work on v2.1.0 unfortunately. I figured since sound player has the same version in every firmware, soundhax would also work but there is no 2.1.0 otherapp payload to be downloaded. Too bad.

UPDATE2:

No payload seems to work when used as safehaxpayload.bin, even the chainloader.

Last edited by annson24,

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I lose my save files for the games I made progress on or could I pickup right where I left off in a game after I use safehax?

used a video and a for 1 part the 3ds.guide or w/e site, as got stuck at 1 part, and it stated "If everything goes according to plan, you will lose no data and end up with everything that you started with (games, NNID, saves, etc will be preserved)."

Saiken07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Downgraded and installed Arm9loader, but I have some trouble, I hope I can get a answer, it's about CIAs.

1-Two of the Cias i Installed aren't showing the Icon with FBI, and on Region it says Unknown.
2-Lag? somehow I notice FPS dropping almost everytime I play.

Note: Could it be because of my Memory Card? I had issues with the first CIA I installed which was showing those Issues of "1"^ even failing to install, that CIA installing, showing every single info on FBI btw with the other Card I use, but the other two CIAs show the info on unknown, and the FPS issues are on all 3 CIAs.

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me. I'm trying to use the safehax exploit. I got to the step where you need to go to the github arm11 site and when I entered in the website on the internet app it froze. How do I get it to work?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can someone help me. I'm trying to use the safehax exploit. I got to the step where you need to go to the github arm11 site and when I entered in the website on the internet app it froze. How do I get it to work?

Extract the "3ds" folder, arm9.bin, arm11.bin, and the safea9lhinstaller.dat from the safeA9LHinstallerv2.0.6.7z from the guide to the root of your sd card then retry to access arm11 from the browser.

Reactions: Hyoretsu

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

So I got my O3DS cfw using guide.

Before I did so I copied the sd cards contents (was 2 folders called DCIM and other Nintendo 3DS) to my pc and formatted/checked it for issues.

Then I followed guide.

How would I re-add my original files (games i bought from eshop and saves and the like) to the new sd card?

Do I just copy/paste the 2 folders to root of sd like normal? or do they require a specific place since im using the cfw?

(my daily pokemon picross withdrawal kicking in)

Last edited by hotaru251,

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Question:

Before I did so I copied the sd cards contents (was 2 folders called DCIM and other Nintendo 3DS) to my pc and formatted/checked it for issues.

Then I followed guide.

How would I re-add my original files (games i bought from eshop and saves and the like) to the new sd card?

Do I just copy/paste the 2 folders to root of sd like normal? or do they require a specific place since im using the cfw?

Just copy paste them.

rijads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody out there without a cart want to test this attachment? Works for me.
For those with a cart, it'd be cool if you could test it cartless as well.

I'll clean up and upload the source later today. I'm tired.

I had a cart but decided to try it out, and it worked perfectly on my n3ds 9.9.0-36E following 3ds.guide and just replacing original with this file.

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

Then I followed guide.

tried to copy the files to the sd card after i got cfw running but they do not show up on the 3ds like prior did to doign the cfw :(

Since they werent on the sd (i moved em off to format it and never re-applied em to it during cfw process) is it impossible to get them back ?

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finished the guide with everything working well, opening Decrypt9 when pressing start at boot etc, but now I wanna test releases of zoogie's safehax or tinivi's safehax and ned's fasthax but none of them take me to Decrypt9 anymore (arm9.bin at sd card root), why?
I tried with each HBL installed at the menu and soundhax.

Last edited by npessoa,

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
tried to copy the files to the sd card after i got cfw running but they do not show up on the 3ds like prior did to doign the cfw :(

Since they werent on the sd (i moved em off to format it and never re-applied em to it during cfw process) is it impossible to get them back ?
Did you backup your sysnand before downgrading to 2.1?

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No - if you've restored that backup - the files in Nintendo 3DS should be linked again

my Nintendo ID, my layout (has empty spaces where my old games were), my folders locations(which i had for demos or rarely played games are now empty) are all same as pre-hacking.

However my theme and the actual games are not anywhere to be found :(

I merged the pre-hack [Nintendo 3ds] folder with the one that was left on the sd card after the CFW/19hl/luma.

If i go to settigns and data management in the 3ds part software only shows the FBI/HBL/Lumas updater. none of my old games which should be in correct place on sd card :(

Is there a way to go back to pre-hack and see if I leave the files on sd card while doing the hack if it fixes it? My old data is worth more than modding 3ds (my hundreds if not thousand of hours of saves)

Last edited by hotaru251,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my Nintendo ID, my layout (has empty spaces where my old games were), my folders locations(which i had for demos or rarely played games are now empty) are all same as pre-hacking.

However my theme and the actual games are not anywhere to be found :(

I merged the pre-hack [Nintendo 3ds] folder with the one that was left on the sd card after the CFW/19hl/luma.

If i go to settigns and data management in the 3ds part software only shows the FBI/HBL/Lumas updater. none of my old games which should be in correct place on sd card :(

Is there a way to go back to pre-hack and see if I leave the files on sd card while doing the hack if it fixes it? My old data is worth more than modding 3ds (my hundreds if not thousand of hours of saves)
Go to data management and in system setings and see if your games are there. If they are greyed out it may be as simple as installing the tickets with ciangel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw