Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

davidkanto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I downgraded my new 3ds to 2.1 and I am at the part where you restore your nand backup but forgot to back it up what shuld I do I can boot luma configuration and hourglass 9

Last edited by davidkanto,

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i suppose this is common place but.

we are formatting cards with guiformatter and 32k cluster right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi do I downgraded my new 3ds to 2.1 and I am at the part where you restore your nand backup but forgot to back it up what shuld I do I can boot luma configuration and hourglass 9
well thats depressing.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi do I downgraded my new 3ds to 2.1 and I am at the part where you restore your nand backup but forgot to back it up what shuld I do I can boot luma configuration and hourglass 9
If you forgot to do a backup, your system is basically formatted now.
You can do a 9.2 Ctrtransfer to get back to a real version and update from there, but your data is kill.

davidkanto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do a 9.2 Ctrtransfer to get back to a real version and update from there, but your data is kill.
I don't care about the data just wanna go back to the latest firm ware so can u help me please

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dka, finally a regular in here. can you explain why it's not working? is fasthax just unstable?

Reactions: Dany-69

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dka, finally a regular in here. can you explain why it's not working? is fasthax just unstable?
I don't know the exact state of fasthax right now; not even sure if there's a version usable with safehax yet.
I have heard safehax can fail a few times, but that's all I can report on.

can someone link me to 2.1.0 US ctr image the link in the guide dont work for me
The Ctrtransfer image is a magnet link, you need a torrent client to open/download it, or maybe check out that ISO site or something (probably has it).

Reactions: lujan505

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi I downgraded my new 3ds to 2.1 and I am at the part where you restore your nand backup but forgot to back it up what shuld I do I can boot luma configuration and hourglass 9

Thats not true, the crt transfer wont touch his data.

In order to perform the crt transfer at this point, your gonna need to add decrypt9.bin as a payload for luma, placing it in sd:/luma/payloads, and renaming it to x_decrypt9.bin, then, you need to place the 9.2U New 3ds crt transfer image, you can find it in the region change section of the guide.

Reactions: davidkanto

lujan505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the exact state of fasthax right now; not even sure if there's a version usable with safehax yet.
I have heard safehax can fail a few times, but that's all I can report on.

The Ctrtransfer image is a magnet link, you need a torrent client to open/download it, or maybe check out that ISO site or something (probably has it).

Thanks got it now

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not true, the crt transfer wont touch his data.

In order to perform the crt transfer at this point, your gonna need to add decrypt9.bin as a payload for luma, placing it in sd:/luma/payloads, and renaming it to x_decrypt9.bin, then, you need to place the 9.2U New 3ds crt transfer image, you can find it in the region change section of the guide.
Oh? I know that Ctrtransfers are basically system-agnostic NAND restores, but I never really paid attention to what happens to user data.
Could be wrong on that one, if I am, sorry /shrug

jacob1223

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
So if I have an O3ds on 11.1 I should update to 11.2 and then run waithax and then safe hax? or use fasthax and safehax?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take that like as a yes, Arubaro. :P This is just a fun, not-serious beta, it might not work with everybody. In my experience, it takes about ~30s to launch, but that's not bad at all compared to waithax. I haven't tested on new/old 11.0-11.1, but they might work since the offsets are there. Source included of course.

2 o3DS 11.2 downgraded with this.

Everything works :)

Last edited by RCJayce,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig +1