Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

D

Deleted User

(As far as I know, maybe I am wrong) A9LH is only installable in 9.0 - 9.2. In 2.1 there was no "Arm9loader", which was added in 9.0, and in newer versions(>=9.3) the Arm9 permissions were patched, but if installed A9LH in 9.0 - 9.2 and keeped(no overwriting Firm0 and Firm1), it worked on newer versions.

BTW Sorry for my bad English.
Than how was the O3DS able to get Arm9LoaderHax if it never had any arm9loader at all? Arm9Loader is only on the N3DS thanks to it's security - that's also why SafeA9LHInstaller is able to make more checks with the N3DS

Edit
You might be on to something though. Maybe the EXPLOIT requires 9.0 and 9.2. If we wanted to install A9LH from 2.1, we'd have to port the exploit or make a new one for it

Last edited by ,

Ultracoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to upgrade an existing installation i only need payload_stage1 and payload_stage2 right?
Depends. If you are just updating from A9LH(updating the sale fork)then you only need payloads stage 1 and 2, but if making full install(changing between forks[for example, changing from Delebile A9LH to Aurora])then you'll need to put ALL files( including otp.bin,firm0.bin and firm1.bin).

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if i dont remember which fork i have, and i already hae a9lh installed of course, shoud i do a full install, right?

max_505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to switch from Delebile's fork to Aurora's noscreeninit fork, so I should do a full install (run the .dat file instead of the arm9loaderhax.bin file), right? But whenever I try to run SafeA9LHinstaller.dat from the Homebrew launcher it just goes to a black screen. Do I just retry until the menu appears?

EDIT: Got it to work. Just kept retrying until the menu appeared.

Last edited by max_505,

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to switch from Delebile's fork to Aurora's noscreeninit fork, so I should do a full install (run the .dat file instead of the arm9loaderhax.bin file), right? But whenever I try to run SafeA9LHinstaller.dat from the Homebrew launcher it just goes to a black screen. Do I just retry until the menu appears?

EDIT: Got it to work. Just kept retrying until the menu appeared.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but a "full install" doesn't mean using the .dat. If you already had A9lh, you could have used the .bin. And you would have had a 100% success rate.

Anyway, a full install is an installation of stage 1 & stage 2, it's the only option now, iirc. Some times ago, there was an option to only install stage 2, but it could brick your console if you mixed forks (ie : install of aurora's stage 2 on delebile's stage 1).

Reactions: max_505

max_505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, tried the .bin on my other 3DS and it also installed successfully. Good thing the stage2 install was removed.

w1an

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for the n00b question. I screwed up at the very end while following the homebrew tutorial. I even have the OTP, but in on of the steps after I restored the wrong nand backup and the only way to restore the 3DS was to go into rescue mode and update it to 11.0.0.33

I intend to buy Freakyforms so I can use freakyhax to get homebrew back. But if I read the homebrew tutorial there is no way to downgrade from 11.x, so I cannot go back and follow the tutorial.

Is there a way to use SafeA9LHInstaller from 11.x?

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the n00b question. I screwed up at the very end while following the homebrew tutorial. I even have the OTP, but in on of the steps after I restored the wrong nand backup and the only way to restore the 3DS was to go into rescue mode and update it to 11.0.0.33

I intend to buy Freakyforms so I can use freakyhax to get homebrew back. But if I read the homebrew tutorial there is no way to downgrade from 11.x, so I cannot go back and follow the tutorial.

Is there a way to use SafeA9LHInstaller from 11.x?
Not yet.

Reactions: w1an

w1an

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for confirming, was afraid of that.

Well, will still buy freakyforms and wait for better times :)

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
So, built new payloads and SafeA9LHInstaller 2.0. Updated my O3DS and my N3DS and it worked fine but on my N3DS XL I can't seem to install it, getting "Error: the OTP hash or the NAND key sector are invalid" from SafeA9LHInstaller.

Advice?

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well yeah. Still the same message. delebiles repo with the right otp installs fine but SafeA9LHInstaller does not let me install (I already have arm9oaderhax installed(
I installed the latest build of delebiles repo on my new3ds yesterday. And I had the same issue as you. So I rolled back to the old version of of delebiles repo(cc81a86).Then I can use safea9lh installer v2 to install Aurora's fork.

Reactions: Orkna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...