Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

PyroBurnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the past couple of days I've been developing a brand-new A9LH installer.
It loads all the needed files from the SD card (no more need to build console-specific installers), and it's really fast. Other than that, it's way safer than the original one, as it does the following checks:
- Checks that it's able to encrypt FIRM partitions properly
- If you have a New 3DS and you're doing a first install, it validates your OTP. Sadly I have no way of validating the OTP on an Old3DS.
- If updating from A9LH, it verifies that the NAND keystore is the correct one (just in case) and that FIRM0 is correct before using it.
- Hashes the secret_sector, FIRM0 and FIRM1 from SD (if needed) to verify their integrity.
- Checks that stage1 and stage2 don't exceed a maximum size.

How to use:
- Copy the 3ds folder and the .dat if making a first install, and run the program from a vulnerable firmware; or load the .bin using A9LH itself. Press SELECT for a full install, or to update A9LH if booting from it.
- If you already have A9LH and are thus updating, copy a payload_stage2.bin (which was originally named stage0x5C000.bin) and a payload_stage1.bin to the a9lh folder on the root of the SD.
- If doing a full (first) install, you also need to copy these files to the a9lh folder: firm0.bin (which was new3ds90.firm), firm1.bin (which was new3ds10.firm), secret_sector.bin (only needed on Old 3DS) and your personal otp.bin.

Thanks go to everyone in #cakey on IRC, to delebile for his A9LH implementation, and to StandardBus who hardmodded my consoles and made this possible. Code for writing to the screens is from CakesFW.

Download: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases
Can i uninstall a9lh completely and i am on 11.2 sys and i used the fasthax to get a9lh so pretty much i used safehax to downgrade to 2.1.0 and install a9lh then update it back to 11.2 with a9lh

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
payload stage 1 and payload stage 2 are missing from the data_input_3.zip from the torrent so unable to complete a9lh install. can anyone help me?

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ive semi bricked my n3ds, cause i can't boot luma or hourglass.
i've downloaded safea9lhinstaller (cause i need to boot hourglass), is it the right mode?

if yes, while booting safea9lhinstaller it requires me firm1.bin. where can i find it?

Pytrafor3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can i get this file? I got this error and don't know to do then found this page.
I actually got the same error today doing my own n3ds, haven't figured it out yet.

Figured my issue out, missed a step and didn't have the 2 "payload_input" files in the a9lh folder.

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
Where can i get this file? I got this error and don't know to do then found this page.

Can't remember exactly as its a while sice I did this on my own 3ds, but I'm pretty sure its one of the files the Plailect guide prompts you to download? Either that or you should have made those files in a previous step.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ive semi bricked my n3ds, cause i can't boot luma or hourglass.
i've downloaded safea9lhinstaller (cause i need to boot hourglass), is it the right mode?

if yes, while booting safea9lhinstaller it requires me firm1.bin. where can i find it?
All files for installing A9LH can be found on the
Can i uninstall a9lh completely and i am on 11.2 sys and i used the fasthax to get a9lh so pretty much i used safehax to downgrade to 2.1.0 and install a9lh then update it back to 11.2 with a9lh
First why do you want to uninstall A9LH? And second, please stop what you are doing. You didn't properly clean up your SD card after installing A9LH and that's why are running into these issues. If you don't know what are you are doing, then you run the risk of bricking your 3DS.

linkboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is booting up to SafeA9LHInstaller and when it tells me to press select to update A9LH. However, when I do so, I'm getting a firm0.bin doesn't exist or wrong file size error and the system shuts down. Anyone know how to fix it or is my 3DS basically screwed?

edit
Fixed it, please ignore this post.

Last edited by linkboy,

Pytrafor3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't remember exactly as its a while sice I did this on my own 3ds, but I'm pretty sure its one of the files the Plailect guide prompts you to download? Either that or you should have made those files in a previous step
Never mind I'm dumb and skipped a step clumsy me. THX anyway -PYTRA4N3DS

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to uninstall A9LH on my device (n3DS 2015) using this? I saw that there was an issue on the Github repository that said:
used this to uninstall arm9loaderhax on my new 3ds.

went through the process, pressed any button to shutdown.

now all I get is blue LED and black screen. booting without SD card makes no difference.

I am uninstalling this so that I may send this into Nintendo for repairs under my warranty.

Would it be possible to back up my current NAND.bin (11.2/3) and flash it to my sysNAND when I get it back from Nintendo through DSiWarehax? I would use the following procedure:

1. Have hacked Fieldrunners on SD card (then transfer it to memory)
2. Put my big NAND.bin in a folder called "dgtool" on root of SD
3. Rename that Nand.bin to "NAND_NEW3DS.BIN"
4. Put boot.nds on root
5. Launch hacked game and go to scores in-game
6. Go to Restore nand

I am asking since I see no other way of being able to send my n3DS (2015) in for repairs whilst still being able to have my A9LH + LumaCFW after 11.3 patched out easy entries.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to uninstall A9LH on my device (n3DS 2015) using this? I saw that there was an issue on the Github repository that said:

I am uninstalling this so that I may send this into Nintendo for repairs under my warranty.

Would it be possible to back up my current NAND.bin (11.2/3) and flash it to my sysNAND when I get it back from Nintendo through DSiWarehax? I would use the following procedure:

1. Have hacked Fieldrunners on SD card (then transfer it to memory)
2. Put my big NAND.bin in a folder called "dgtool" on root of SD
3. Rename that Nand.bin to "NAND_NEW3DS.BIN"
4. Put boot.nds on root
5. Launch hacked game and go to scores in-game
6. Go to Restore nand

I am asking since I see no other way of being able to send my n3DS (2015) in for repairs whilst still being able to have my A9LH + LumaCFW after 11.3 patched out easy entries.
I used it to unistall A9LH and had no problems (at first instance I had the doubt of needing a file, but in the end you only need the program) and the 3DS was saccesfully fixed by them.

Reactions: lgnmcrules

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I use this to uninstall a9lh luma gateway from my new 3ds?

My unit boots to gw emunand directly and I press A for luma emunand...

I want to get rid of a9lh and reverse any cfw. Please help... Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1