Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be wrong but isn't screeninit used for spashscreens and pre-boot apps ?
Splash screen, yes.
For the apps though, you can add screen init to the app so you won't get that flash when booting your 3DS, or you can use AuReiNAND's integrated boot manager which comes with screen init.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From the 1.2 release notes:
otp.bin is not needed from A9LH anymore, as it's possible to just use the SHA register leftovers.
Does that mean we can run this installer without the unique otp.bin? Anyone tried this?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the 1.2 release notes:

Does that mean we can run this installer without the unique otp.bin? Anyone tried this?
otp.bin is not needed from A9LH anymore, as it's possible to just use the SHA register leftovers.
You don't need it if you already have A9LH installed and if you're installing from the A9LH payload.

@Aurora Wright I told you people were going to get confused! lol

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You don't need it if you already have A9LH installed and if you're installing from the A9LH payload.

@Aurora Wright I told you people were going to get confused! lol
XD but I also edited the first post to match!
BTW as explained on 3dbrew, at the point where we gain execution in A9LH Nintendo forgot to clear the SHA register so it still holds the OTP hash (which is all we need for a full A9LH install).
Of course this is not true if booting from a 9.2 exploit, so you need the OTP to calculate the hash.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work @Aurora Wright.

Now, does anybody have a list of the different A9LH I could use ?
Delebile: This is the original version. It has screen init. Everything this has been tested and should work.
Dark Samus: This is a test fork. It's not really recommended that the average user uses this fork. Once everything's been tested and working, it'll be pushed to Delebile's branch.
Fix94: I'm not really sure about this one, all I've heard is that you need to use his bootloader with this fork.
Aurora: Similar to Dark Samus's, but one of her branches does not include screen init (the one I'm using).

@toto621 posted the links for them.

Last edited by Supster131,
Reactions: toto621

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I am on delebile's A9LH(I guess?) and I want to switch to this one. I want to do a clean install(of AuRei's A9LH) but if I ever want it, will I be able to boot Decrypt9(with AuRei's L+R) and actually have screen-init? Also, where do I find the firm0.bin (which is new3ds90.firm), firm1.bin (which is new3ds10.firm) and secret_sector.bin? (I have an OLD 3DS. Why do we need the NEW3DS FIRMs on an OLD 3DS?)
If I'm not mistaken, only the NEW 3DS has Arm9Loader, the O3DS uses a different one that isn't expoitable. So we have to use N3DS's firmware and expoit that instead. The o3ds can partially use the new 3ds firmware (it won't load on normal means, but it does boot until the arm9loader part)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only the installer that differs, this one is much safer.
This one also allows you to install different forks of A9LH easier, such as Aurora's fork of A9LH.

Thank you. Lastly (for now) what if I wanted to switch to Aurora's fork, since it doesn't do the screen init? If I'm already on A9LH that is. Thanks!

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do a full install using her fork.

I want to switch to Aurora's no-screen init build.

Shall I do a full install or I can only update stage 2? I'm using FIX94 fork atm.

Do I have to also put my OTP in the folder? Because I already have a working install.
Btw, can someone provide a build of this: https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/tree/noscreeninit

I build it but I've got some problem to compile sometimes... Just want to check if my build is ok.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to switch to Aurora's no-screen init build.

Shall I do a full install or I can only update stage 2? I'm using FIX94 fork atm.

Do I have to also put my OTP in the folder? Because I already have a working install.
Btw, can someone provide a build of this: https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/tree/noscreeninit

I build it but I've got some problem to compile sometimes... Just want to check if my build is ok.
Do a full install first, then a stage2 install.

Stage1: https://mega.nz/#!IUM0QYwY!q9vJOlrcAv7GtZ4vfLWIEba6LkFLSNQROXMiDUllAqo
Stage2: https://mega.nz/#!4RkG2RbC!Wgz-kqNuyA1ZKrLJHvYPBrAPMjPNvG_DeHaLYdnx880

Reactions: OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: :) +1