Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

V0LT!GE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just wanted to drop a quick thank you for your work! Everything updated perfectly using v1.5.2.

For my own edification, payload_stage1.bin and payload_stage2.bin aren't console-specific, correct?

Yup, no console specific :)
U can use them like we all did it

TheGreatAce309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having a problem installing SafeA9LHInstaller. Whenever I try to install the firmware, it tells me the otp.bin error message. I don't get what the problem is, I have the otp.bin on the SD card root, and the otp is 256 bytes. Any advice?

Dentora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to be having a problem installing SafeA9LHInstaller. Whenever I try to install the firmware, it tells me the otp.bin error message. I don't get what the problem is, I have the otp.bin on the SD card root, and the otp is 256 bytes. Any advice?
put the otp.bin in the a9lh folder with the a9lh Stage 1 & 2 payloads

V0LT!GE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After u put the otp.bin and stage1,2 in the a9lh folder, place that folder into the root of ur sd card

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I put this on my sd, and now I'm autobooting into the safe a9lh installer?
How can I go back to autobooting emunand?

Edit: Nevermind

Last edited by SkyChotik,

Synchross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. I have a slight problem. I was following the guide by Plailect and everything was going well, until step 9 under 'Installing arm9loaderhax'. All the steps above worked like a charm, but instead of rebooting into AuReiNand, it reboots into safe9hlinstaller. It then only gives me the option to reinstall A9LH or shutdown my 3DS. I've searched for possible solutions, but so far nothing seems to work. I'm assuming I must have missed an important step somewhere along the tutorial. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by Synchross,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. I have a slight problem. I was following the guide by Plailect and everything was going well, until step 9 under 'Installing arm9loaderhax'. All the steps above worked like a charm, but instead of rebooting into AuReiNand, it reboots into safe9hlinstaller. It then only gives me the option to reinstall A9LH or shutdown my 3DS. I've searched for possible solutions, but so far nothing seems to work. I'm assuming I must have missed an important step somewhere along the tutorial. Any help would be appreciated!
That means you forgot to swap out the payload.
Your arm9loaderhax.bin file is still SafeA9LH installer. Use the one from AuReiNAND instead.

Synchross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means you forgot to swap out the payload.
Your arm9loaderhax.bin file is still SafeA9LH installer. Use the one from AuReiNAND instead.

Derp. Of course that was the one step I missed. Seeing as I already had an arm9loaderhax.bin file in my SD card root, I thought I had already switched it out. :P

Thanks for the quick reply!

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Sonansune

reallybigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I just want to ask a question here. If SafeA9LHInstaller can use the SHA register to generate its OTP.bin, is there anyway for me to derive the OTP.bin using the SafeA9LHInstaller? BTW I already installed A9LH and using AuRei updated sysnand right now. The issue is I lost the OTP.bin when my external hard drive went corrupted, leaving me with only the arm9loaderhax.3dsx so I want to get back the OTP.bin now. Thanks a lot

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I bricked my N3DS a few weeks ago attempting the stage 2 update, but after fiddling around with files on my mSD card and removing the arm9loaderhax.bin from the card, the LED now blinks on and off immediately, which I was previously told meant that it wasn't bricked. Is there still hope that I can restore this thing without having to send it off to be restored?

Edit: Nvm, found the test payload that confirmed the brick. Yay.

Last edited by conradcervantes,

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use this if I'm using AuReiNand + A9LH Firmware 10.7 UpdatedSysNand N3DSXL? I'm trying to switch from screen-init to noscreen-init

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe asked before, but i didn't find it.

I have 1 O3DS with Cakes nightly 1.58, it used to work perfect, but since the A9LH on it was 1 of the first release, i wanted to update it, so i used safea9lhinstaller
- Build Aurora Wright arm9loaderhax from git (payload_stage1.bin and payload_stage2.bin)
- Build SafeA9LHInstaller from git (arm9loaderhax.bin - SafeA9LHInstaller.dat - \3ds\SafeA9LHInstaller\SafeA9LHInstaller.3dsx and SafeA9LHInstaller.smdh)
- Moved the output from SafeA9LHInstaller build to root of SD
- Created a folder "a9lh"
- Moved payload_"stage1.bin and payload_stage1.bin" to \a9lh
- Placed otp.bin of my system to \a9lh
- Placed firm0.bin / firm1.bin / secret_sector.bin in \a9lh

- Placed SD back into O3DS and booted up into SafeA9LHInstaller, pressed "Select", everything was ok and it is installed.
- Placed latest CakesFW on SD (1.60), -> black screens, led stays blue
- Placed latest AuReiNand (latest self compiled version) -> boots perfect, like it should be

So my question:
- When installing A9LH with SafeA9LHInstaller, does this only boot AuReiNand CFW and no other CFW???

Kuroi-Akira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So my question:
- When installing A9LH with SafeA9LHInstaller, does this only boot AuReiNand CFW and no other CFW???

Did you install the No Screen init Branch?
Cus I also had that same issue but with Original ReiNand, switched to the Screen Init Version & ReiNand booted Normally

Maybe its the Same with Cakes?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you install the No Screen init Branch?
Cus I also had that same issue but with Original ReiNand, switched to the Screen Init Version & ReiNand booted Normally

Maybe its the Same with Cakes?
Lolz, so stupid of me, i build and installed indeed the "No Screen Init" version :/
Build the "Screen Init" version and installed it, worked perfect, CakesFW 1.60 boot fine now :)

Thanks for that info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could order a cheese pizza and bring in grapes so they can be like wtf