• Replies 195
  • Likes 13

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question, is it worth updating arm9loaderhax to a newer version? Or stay where I am now? I only just installed A9LH on the 18th this month. I'm not even sure if this is a risky process or not, for updating.

My other question: Can I still launch Decrypt9 with L+R without screen init? What exactly does screen init enable me to do? Or is it just something nobody should even be using anymore?

D

Deleted User

OP
My question, is it worth updating arm9loaderhax to a newer version? Or stay where I am now? I only just installed A9LH on the 18th this month. I'm not even sure if this is a risky process or not, for updating.

My other question: Can I still launch Decrypt9 with L+R without screen init? What exactly does screen init enable me to do? Or is it just something nobody should even be using anymore?
Screen init is good for custom images on boot and that's pretty much it. Use this with the newest AuReiNand and you will be able to still boot Decrypt9WIP.

This version only gets rid of that black flash at the beginning that default A9LH has. It's nothing special. If you press start in SafeA9LHInstaller with this payloads though, it can break your system. PRESS SELECT to do a full install and SELECT only

Reactions: MattKimura

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah... this version doesn't have screen-init. It says it right there. So your splash screen won't show without screen-init
I installed this just fine and my splash still shows using AuRei 3.11...? I'm pretty sure it installed right since it has the new SD card auto-shutdown feature and everything.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Aurora Wright's payload for A9LH! No screen init! Work's great with newest AuReiNand (which re-initializes the screen to boot .bin payloads)! When using this- you can't have custom boot images unless you use Arm9Select to boot into AuReiNand/CFW
Compiled from: https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/tree/noscreeninit
Last compiled: 3-24-16
HERE!

FIX94's Temporary Compiled Payloads HERE!

Allows for Custom Images with use of specifically Arm9Select or Arm9LoaderHay combined with a CFW that allows for boot images.
This payload is different from non-screen init. This initializes screen but uses a darker init. This does not have current A9LH updates- this doesn't turn off when SD card is out.

Better instructions HERE
(Says what files need to be in A9LH folder)

1. Download SafeA9LHInstaller

2. Download "payloads_input (Aurora Wright).zip" file that I attached and put on root of SD card

2. Merge "a9lh" folder with a9lh folder from "data_input.zip" on this guide

3. Run the app using either the .bin or running the .3dsx that has the .dat on the root

4. PRESS SELECT! DON'T press start when using any of these

Make sure to put OTP.bin in a9lh folder if Arm9LoaderHax isn't currently installed on your console.

Just forget what i said.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I put this on my sd, and now I'm autobooting into the safe a9lh installer?
How can I go back to autobooting emunand?

My bad, had to replace arm9loaderhax.bin to boot again.

Last edited by SkyChotik,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Aurora Wright NO Screen Init
Last compiled: 4-3-16
Aurora Wright's payload for A9LH without Screen Init HERE! (older)
No screen init! Work's great with newest AuReiNand (which re-initializes the screen to boot .bin payloads)! When using this- you can't have custom boot images unless you use Arm9Select to boot into AuReiNand/CFW. Older payload was compiled on 3-24-16 and works with Arm9LoaderHay + AuReiNand crazy setup.
Compiled from: https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/tree/noscreeninit
FIX94 Arm9Select
Last uploaded: 4-3-16
FIX94's payload for A9LH HERE! (mirror)
Allows for Custom Images with use of specifically Arm9Select or Arm9LoaderHay combined with a CFW that allows for boot images.
This payload is different from non-screen init. This initializes screen but uses a darker init. This does not have current A9LH updates- this doesn't turn off when SD card is out.
Aurora Wright Screen Init!
Last compiled: 4-3-16
Aurora Wright's payload for A9LH with Screen Init HERE! (mirror)
This is almost the same as Delebiles A9LH. This one allows for custom boot images without a weird setup.
Better instructions HERE
(Says what files need to be in A9LH folder)

1. Download SafeA9LHInstaller

2. Download one of the .zip files that I've attached. Put the "a9lh" folder on SD card root (if there is no a9lh folder, create one on the root of your SD card and put the 2 payload files in it).

2. Merge "a9lh" folder with a9lh folder from "data_input.zip" on this guide (don't do this if you've already installed A9LH)

3. Run the app using either the .bin or running the .3dsx that has the .dat on the root

4. PRESS SELECT! DON'T press start when using any of these!

Make sure to put OTP.bin in a9lh folder if Arm9LoaderHax isn't currently installed on your console.

Good guide on compiling them yourself here!

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Aurora has the most up to date version of the a9lh.

Reactions: Deleted User

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I just updated to the latest version of aurora's a9lh with screen init and it either fails at boot, the screen init is black as paint, or you did not compile it correctly.

Edit: I'm not complaining I'm just pointing out what's going on

Last edited by jimmyleen,

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I just updated to the latest version of aurora's a9lh with screen init and it either fails at boot, the screen init is black as paint, or you did not compile it correctly.

Edit: I'm not complaining I'm just pointing out what's going on
Try with mine. Just compiled.

Attachments

• out.rar
    6.8 KB · Views: 91

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next