Hacking Safe to download off Shop Channel?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
My Wii is on version 4.3, and with the recent announcement of the Kirby TV Channel (And the lack of Right Back At Ya rips on the internet) I was wondering if it's safe to connect to the Shop Channel with the HBC and hacked IOS's.

Yes, I'm still noob when it comes to Wii soft-modding.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also connected to the shop channel and bought stuff with a softmodded Wii. Nothing bad happened.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arogance1 said:
If it was safe, there wouldn't be apps for installing channels once you've hacked your Wii
Your logic is flawed. Apps used for installing channels, such as a WAD manager, are often times used for installing custom channels, pirated channels, and etc.

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 4.2E and when I try to open the shop channel, it says I need to do a system update before I can use it

manrayboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No guys sorry but that does not work anymore nintendo has gotten a lil smarter I have done everything from Blocking updates on priiloader, reinstalling shop channel and even updating ios56 from the nintendo servers and still nothing. I was also about to download the kirby tv channel until i stumbled on this. Btw all of my ios are updated and everything so its something else

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manrayboy said:
No guys sorry but that does not work anymore nintendo has gotten a lil smarter I have done everything from Blocking updates on priiloader, reinstalling shop channel and even updating ios56 from the nintendo servers and still nothing. I was also about to download the kirby tv channel until i stumbled on this. Btw all of my ios are updated and everything so its something else
It is likely you missed something since no one else with the up-to-date files seems to be experiencing this problem. Did you try using ModMii to install the latest versions of your IOS files and the latest Wii Shop Channel? It is very easy to install the wrong version of something.
blush.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
manrayboy said:
It is likely you missed something since no one else with the up-to-date files seems to be experiencing this problem. Did you try using ModMii to install the latest versions of your IOS files and the latest Wii Shop Channel? It is very easy to install the wrong version of something.
blush.gif
Actually it's just the cool kids who don't have problems.
wink.gif

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
Installed PriiLoader, and installed Shop Channel again, both from ModMii and now I have Kirby TV Channel.

Channel 2 only available until Monday and one of the eps not available in English

grifter.be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, i am on 4.1e. Do i need to update the wii? Everything works fine, but i would like to have all the channels... Like the Kirby +Channel, i also have lots of Wii points on my system, so the shop channel would be great. I have priiloader, but i have no idee if i got the ModMii... Is there any way to check this?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i am on 4.1e. Do i need to update the wii? Everything works fine, but i would like to have all the channels... Like the Kirby +Channel, i also have lots of Wii points on my system, so the shop channel would be great. I have priiloader, but i have no idee if i got the ModMii... Is there any way to check this?
Modmii is a computer program to help mod your wii
run modmii wizard to remod your wii, and this will update everything to reccomended versions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo