[Rumour] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Coming to Switch?

ALBW.png

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is an incredibly dangerous slippery slope though, because if Nintendo starts porting all the big 3DS titles to the switch, the hell is the point of owning the 3DS? Nintendo even openly stated the Switch wouldn't compete with the 3DS so I'm hoping they won't do anything ridiculous like that with it, but you never know.
Why would it be dangerous. The 3ds is near its end and most if not all who really wanted a 3ds now already has one. So I don't get your point. Let's face it the 3ds line is dead.

And don't start with saying that Nintendo said they will continue the 3ds line. That's nice and all but guess what, they said the same about the Gameboy line and look where that one now is.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be all over this if Nintendo were to Re-release a few 3DS games on Switch ESPECIALLY the Zelda 3DS series (as long as they bump up the Games Resolution to 1080p) ;)
While I did play them on the 3DS at the time, playing on the 3DS hurts my eyes after prolonged periods, so playing on the Big screen would be perfect..

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people always spit their bile on ports if it doesn't match their own selfish interests?

It doesn't take time away from the main teams, it allows for new generations of players to enjoy older classic on a new support, and most importantly, you don't have to buy if you don't like it.
There is literally nothing to lose for YOU by having more ports on a console. Yes they will make money and so what? Time to grow up, that's what businesses do.

I for one would be glad to see old gamecube, wii classics on this console, I doubt my main TV even has the required wiring for a gamecube, and it would look ugly anyway.
The resolution of the 3DS is very low, so having a polished port on the switch? What's so wrong about it seriously?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet.. No one seems to have had a problem with Last of Us, or Prototype 1 and 2 or similar games being ported to the PS4/Xbone.
the main thing that WW offered was a convenient way to play in 16:9 which was really enough for people to geo for it i think
TP was an even worse disaster no changes and loss of motion control opton

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is nintendo we're talking about. Rehashing and rereleases are basically the standard.
how are re releases the standard? Nintendo on its entire story peobably has less remakes/hd remasters than any AAA studio to date.

switch has like 5 old gen ports and now its a nintendo standard lol where any other systems has over 20 and it isnt standard? Doesnt make any sence, heck out of nintendo they are the ones that make less re releases out of all 3 console makers, sony and microsoft have way more collections and rereleases for them.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are re releases the standard? Nintendo on its entire story peobably has less remakes/hd remasters than any AAA studio to date.

switch has like 5 old gen ports and now its a nintendo standard lol where any other systems has over 20 and it isnt standard? Doesnt make any sence, heck out of nintendo they are the ones that make less re releases out of all 3 console makers, sony and microsoft have way more collections and rereleases for them.
oh sorry I must have forgotten OOT3D, MM3D, WWHD, TPHD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the entire NSMB series, LTTP's port on GBA, OOT, MM, LOZ1 and LOZ2 on gamecube, OOT AGAIN (alongside Master Quest, don't count that since it's not TECHNICALLY a re-release but still a rehash), Kirby Super Star Ultra, Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Leaf Green/Fire Red, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black 2/White 2, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, every Game & Watch collection game, and a metric dickton more. Nintendo has become synonymous with releases and rehashes.

Now how many of these rehashes have Microsoft and Sony done first party? This means Sony or Microsoft had to have done it. I'm not counting shit like MGS3D for Nintendo, so it wouldn't be fair to count, say, Silent Hill HD.

Reactions: mario5555

Rudy69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ALBW started off as an ALttP remake, so it might actually not be outlandish to hope for that to be the case

That gave me an idea. Instead of just porting ALBW why not do a combo pack, ALBW and a ALttP remake using the assets from ALBW (basically what they originally started with ALBW). That would stop people from complaining that it's just a port

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That gave me an idea. Instead of just porting ALBW why not do a combo pack, ALBW and a ALttP remake using the assets from ALBW (basically what they originally started with ALBW). That would stop people from complaining that it's just a port
It'd stop complaints of being a port by...porting both?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if they wanna knock this shit out of the park, why not do a "Zelda Classics Collection" that includes all the 2D games (or at least the important ones) along with OOT3D, MM3D, and ALBW. Four Swords especially would take advantage of the Switch's portable nature. I'd prefer they keep the original graphics though, as nice as ALBW looks on it's own I think ALTTP had way more detail in it's sprite graphics than ALBW would in it's models.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oh sorry I must have forgotten OOT3D, MM3D, WWHD, TPHD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the entire NSMB series, LTTP's port on GBA, OOT, MM, LOZ1 and LOZ2 on gamecube, OOT AGAIN (alongside Master Quest, don't count that since it's not TECHNICALLY a re-release but still a rehash), Kirby Super Star Ultra, Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Leaf Green/Fire Red, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black 2/White 2, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, every Game & Watch collection game, and a metric dickton more. Nintendo has become synonymous with releases and rehashes.

Now how many of these rehashes have Microsoft and Sony done first party? This means Sony or Microsoft had to have done it. I'm not counting shit like MGS3D for Nintendo, so it wouldn't be fair to count, say, Silent Hill HD.
nsmb series is not a remake or a remaster of any previous game.. its just 2d mario or else do you consider every COD or fifa a remake of each other? maps are totaly diferent.

also evrything there is but a tiny thing lol see how manny remakes and remasters are on ps3 alone lol.just of hd collectons you got more than that abode lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4