[RUMOR] Several Wii U dev kits returned to Nintendo

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I take a look at your sarcasm detector? I think it's broken.

No sh*t Sherlock. Just because people bought it doesn't mean they still use it.

People could say the exact same thing about every console they bought, what the HELL kind of logic is that?
This forum cares so much about its Nintendo sales, but when it comes to other peripherals and consoles sales, "OH WELL DAT DON'T MEAN DEY STILL USE IT" ,"OH LOOK HOW LOW DAT IS COMPARED TO NINTY HUEHUEHUE"

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People could say the exact same thing about every console they bought, what the HELL kind of logic is that?
This forum cares so much about its Nintendo sales, but when it comes to other peripherals and consoles sales, "OH WELL DAT DON'T MEAN DEY STILL USE IT" ,"OH LOOK HOW LOW DAT IS COMPARED TO NINTY HUEHUEHUE"

*Edit: Removed*

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, someone had a bad day. You need to grab a Snickers bar, it makes the world a better place.
And instead of accepting the bad argument , we go back to the classic "WELP, HE'S MAD BETTER TELL HIM HE'S MAD SO HE WON'T CALL ME OUT ON MY BS ANYMORE"
There's a huge difference between Being "MAD BRO" and just calling people out on stuff that they say, and watching them defend themselves with classic Memes and Accusations.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And instead of accepting the bad argument , we go back to the classic "WELP, HE'S MAD BETTER TELL HIM HE'S MAD SO HE WON'T CALL ME OUT ON MY BS ANYMORE"
There's a huge difference between Being "MAD BRO" and just calling people out on stuff that they say, and watching them defend themselves with classic Memes and Accusations.

*Edit: Removed*

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, and I can just feel the abundance of love emanating from this thread! It's so profound that I'm just going to do something productive like *gasp* going outside. I just LOVE logical fallacies.

Arugmentum ad hominem

Dude, you really don't know what you're talking about it here, and it's obvious.

It's time to stop posting.

Reactions: chavosaur

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Do us a favor, stop posting in this thread with your blind fanboyism and just walk away slowly... or do I have to pull this one out of the bin again?

a3kUb0M.png

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing up with it. It shows he's passionate about what he believes in. You all stick together and bash Ninty as much as you want anyway, the WiiU is going to be fine. I'll see you in a few years time. Ba ba for now.

Reactions: the_randomizer

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I get the feeling that these Devs are confused as how to use the hardware and are therefore claiming it's underpowered. Yeah the processor may not be 3.2ghz 8 core monster but it doesn't have to be, it's a gaming console which needs to have games made for it, not made for other beasts and then ported. I kinda get the feeling this is the same thing that happened to the Saturn as no one knew how to program for it.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I think the point is that the Kinect, unlike the Wii motion controller, or even Playstation Move, while having a rather strong sales yield, it hasn't been truly successful as a controller peripheral. Why? Because it's an optional buy, sure it may have sold well, but look at how many Wii controllers Nintendo sold, both with the system and individually, and was still adopted by the developers because they had no choice. And really, that is what it boils down to, since the Kinect is optional, most games don't use it.

I get the feeling that these Devs are confused as how to use the hardware and are therefore claiming it's underpowered. Yeah the processor may not be 3.2ghz 8 core monster but it doesn't have to be, it's a gaming console which needs to have games made for it, not made for other beasts and then ported. I kinda get the feeling this is the same thing that happened to the Saturn as no one knew how to program for it.
AMD has already proven that more cores =/= better performance. Hell, you could have a 4.5 Ghz clocked dual core that would outperform a 3.2 Ghz quad core in gaming, because games are still generally single threaded applications. IF the rumored specs are true, the Wii U's processor is more then enough, if you program the game to support multithreading. Even PC games are only using dual core, quad core is almost a wasted technology right now unless you are doing video editing and other advanced computing.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the point is that the Kinect, unlike the Wii motion controller, or even Playstation Move, while having a rather strong sales yield, it hasn't been truly successful as a controller peripheral. Why? Because it's an optional buy, sure it may have sold well, but look at how many Wii controllers Nintendo sold, both with the system and individually, and was still adopted by the developers because they had no choice. And really, that is what it boils down to, since the Kinect is optional, most games don't use it.
But that doesn't really make a good analogy, since you literally had to have a wii remote to play your wii. You don't need a kinect to play an Xbox, but it still sold like hotcakes.
The wii remote was required to even function the wii, The kinect was solely an entertainment peripheral~ And it really does get used a lot more then people may think. Many dance studios and gyms actually use kinects for just dance or Zumba fitness. It's a fun party peripheral.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing up with it. It shows he's passionate about what he believes in. You all stick together and bash Ninty as much as you want anyway, the WiiU is going to be fine. I'll see you in a few years time. Ba ba for now.

Passionate? Passion isn't becoming aggressive and hurling personal insults at other people. He admitted it himself that he's far from a good person to debate with after his breakdown when the US presidential elections were announced. He has an issue when people hold a contrary opinion to him. Unlike others he crosses a line into insulting or throwing around shit memes because he's unable to debate in a civil manner (or at least angry civil manner in the case of Guild McVitaist). I don't mean for this to be personal attack but he does it constantly and to label it as passion is wrong. If anything its more blind loyalty than anything.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not be surprised at all if that were the case. Developers need to learn to harness the power of GPGPU. Gone are the days of loading up all your processing needs on the CPU.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like it is at least powerful enough to handle the expected level of detail from this generation's class of high-end console gaming. But that's just it... is it enough to hold up when compared to its competitors for the next gen console gaming? That's the question that comes up.

The Wii was barely more powerful than the original Xbox 1 compared to the prior gen, but because it had such mass market appeal, there was enough incentive for devs to pick up a Wii kit and at least try to adapt their games to work on the platform. But as we have seen with marquee titles, most simply stopped bothering to make it for Nintendo when it was clear that it would have to be stripped or underpowered to do so, and look like ass. If anything, I'm surprised that I find myself even able to tolerate playing MW3 on the Wii, but t hat's more because the Wii has a one-button solution to mute everyone, so I don't have to hear all the stupid brats and children that have no business playing a Mature-rated game online.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I am not sure a Saturn analogy is all that suitable -- the Saturn was still ASM and really know the hardware country where here I reckon you should be able to kick an awful lot to standard libs or basic maths afforded by high level programming languages.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure a Saturn analogy is all that suitable -- the Saturn was still ASM and really know the hardware country where here I reckon you should be able to kick an awful lot to standard libs or basic maths afforded by high level programming languages.
The Saturn analogy was meant in general...The Saturn had two processors, which most devs didn't know what to do with. The Wii U pushes most processes to the GPGPU instead of the CPU which I'm guessing most devs don't know what to do with.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Passionate? Passion isn't becoming aggressive and hurling personal insults at other people. He admitted it himself that he's far from a good person to debate with after his breakdown when the US presidential elections were announced. He has an issue when people hold a contrary opinion to him. Unlike others he crosses a line into insulting or throwing around shit memes because he's unable to debate in a civil manner (or at least angry civil manner in the case of Guild McVitaist). I don't mean for this to be personal attack but he does it constantly and to label it as passion is wrong. If anything its more blind loyalty than anything.

Holding something in such high regard as to defend it when someone else holds an opposite opinion. I'm not saying he/she right or wrong but it is most definitely a sign of passion.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Saturn analogy was meant in general...The Saturn had two processors, which most devs didn't know what to do with. The Wii U pushes most processes to the GPGPU instead of the CPU which I'm guessing most devs don't know what to do with.

That has to do with the fact that they have become comfortable designing their games for the 360 and PS3. See, for those consoles, their graphics cards stopped being capable of playing new games on their own without modified resolutions in order to stay acceptable at 1920x1080 on your TV, a few years ago and if you look at things like the Crysis 3 dev log, the 360 has hit it's maximum capability on both the CPU and GPU side. While the Wii U is running at a lower clock speed then the competition, the graphics card more then makes up for it's slower CPU speed. The thing is that developers have yet to shift their developing style away from the mindset that they absolutely HAVE to overload the CPU to run a game on the Wii U, despite the fact that it's already been proven that the Wii U has a graphics card capable of modern graphics features and has higher clock speeds and more memory to boot.

I love how irrationally aggressive the_randomizer and DSgamer64 get when it comes to these threads. The amount of seeth is quite amazing.

And I love how people like you come on here and act like Microsoft and Sony are actually capable of innovating in the gaming business and then bash people who want to have a discussion, just because of the way they choose to speak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O