[RUMOR] Resident Evil 7 to be announced at this year's E3?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when "old standard" means "good game"? They switched from a certain gameplay to another. Fuck them, right?

They abandoned the fans that made the series popular in the first place in the name of capturing a "broader audience". If they wanted a game to capture a broader audience, they could have made a game in that vein without hijacking, if you will, a series that had built it's reputation from completely different gameplay.

D

Deleted-188346

Seriously, though... eh. The Resident Evil franchise is more like a zombie than its monsters now. Just let it die with whatever's left of its dignity.
What. Why just let it die? The franchise became massive for a reason, Capcom just need to steer it in a better direction. Perhaps a direction where Chris Redfield doesn't punch boulders whilst being inside a volcano. Or a direction where zombies don't take cover and fire AK-47's at you. There's still life (hur) left in the franchise, Capcom just needs to stop making...consecutive errors with it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What. Why just let it die? The franchise became massive for a reason, Capcom just need to steer it in a better direction. Perhaps a direction where Chris Redfield doesn't punch boulders whilst being inside a volcano. Or a direction where zombies don't take cover and fire AK-47's at you. There's still life (hur) left in the franchise, Capcom just needs to stop making...consecutive errors with it.

Of course Resident Evil is going to go on - it's too big of a brand to let go. I'm just tired of it at this point. I'm the same way with Star Wars - it's not impossible that someone could make a good movie, but after everything with the prequels, I just don't care anymore.

D

Deleted-188346

Of course Resident Evil is going to go on - it's too big of a brand to let go. I'm just tired of it at this point. I'm the same way with Star Wars - it's not impossible that someone could make a good movie, but after everything with the prequels, I just don't care anymore.
That's fair enough. I feel that Capcom has tarnished the brand with poor decisions such as Resident Evil 6 and arguably 5, Operation Raccoon City, The Mercenaries (3DS), and several catastrophically poor plot choices. I guess there's always that hope that they'll return to what made the franchise great.

Revelations was a step in the right direction, but not quite there. Sadly whatever Revelations did to recover the franchise was destroyed by Operation Raccoon City and RE6. GG Capcom. I still have hope that they'll sort the franchise out, but things are looking like RE will soon become a Jill sandwich.

"...to give its developers a "competitive advantage" in the "rapidly growing mobile content and PC online games markets.""

"...rapidly growing mobile content and PC online games markets."

"...mobile content..."
This better mean 3DS and Vita. I swear, if this means more games like Dead Rising Mobile and Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting, Capcom is finished.

Reactions: Gahars

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see more suspense and drama than action. The action will come. Let the story and difficulty drive the game naturally. I also want semi-static cameras back, like in Code: Veronica X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: