With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
coolbho3000 said:
Sounds very fishy.

This guy says his modchip has an "intelligent code modifying system," which is a technology supposedly made up by the Xeno/Wiikey team for promoting the D2CKey (without any solid details). The Whois information on this domain doesn't match up with what the Wiikey team's host is so we can safely say they're not behind it.
Actually "intelligent code modifying system" is just generic wordage for "it werkz and we maek it look pr0 n awzm".

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just sounds way too good to be true.

Just for the note, has anyone seen the size of those PS3 dumps on the Internet. They are anywhere between 4-8GB, if i recall well, so it would be a waste of a Blu-ray CD, plus shouldn't the game size be a lot bigger, or is the rest of the Blu-ray games just filled with padding or something?

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maz7006 said:
Just sounds way too good to be true.

Just for the note, has anyone seen the size of those PS3 dumps on the Internet. They are anywhere between 4-8GB, if i recall well, so it would be a waste of a Blu-ray CD, plus shouldn't the game size be a lot bigger, or is the rest of the Blu-ray games just filled with padding or something?
If you ask me, it sounds way to stupid to be true. Nobody's gonna want to burn blu-ray discs to pirate games. Unless, of course, they could come up with a system where you can burn smaller games onto a DVD.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh man if this is true
it would be awesome
i just hope if its real that its not hard to install
if u think about it ps3 is unhackable and it make sense for it to be hard to hack
i just hope this is real but im pretty sure its not

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
PS3.jpg

QUOTE said:
Now we've seen our share of fake PS3 news before and this one looks too good to be true. According to a post from Belzar.com, they are now on the verge of releasing the worlds first full-fledged direct boot modchip for the PS3 that is packed full of useful features including multi-region DVD and blu-ray movie playback.

Some of the features of Belzar PS3 Modchip includes:

* Works on all PS3 models
* Works on all PS3 regions (USA, JAP, PAL,)
* Direct Boot of PS3 original, import, and backup (copied) games
* Direct Boot of PS2 original, import, and backup (copied) games
* Supports multi-region Blueray Movie Playback
* Supports multi-region DVD Movie Playback
* No config disc needed - it just works!
* Transparent stealth operation
* Integrates proven belzar Intelligent Code Modifying System
* No awkward USB interface - just insert DVD and play!
* Supportsall upto date titles
* Ultra-low power consumption; does not interfere with normal PS3 operation
* Only 12 wires to solder
* No external PC/laptop needed
* completely upgradeable firmware, via Belzars usb 2.0 interface

Furthermore, the team posted on their site that they have already sent out the second beta of Belzar PS3 Modchip to 50 beta testers for final bug testing. Well, what do you think guys? Is this real or not? Stay tuned.

News Source: PS3Updates

i find the ps2 backup thing hard to believe unless the modchip carries extra hard ware because as i understand the original ps3s with ps2 capabilities had extra hardware to use ps2 games, if it was just software that let the ps3 emulate the ps2 then surely the newer ps3 would have it
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When the price of Blu Ray burners and discs drops, it will greatly outweigh the cost of buying games, but even by then the PS3 might be replaced by something else. Say what you want about Sony as a company, but the PS3 design made it damn near impossible to hack and I think that was part of their intention. If it has taken roughly 3 years to make a mod chip for it and when you factor in the sales numbers of the PS3, modchip productions will increase and so will console sales. The hackability of the Wii and 360 can be a disadvantage from a game sales perspective, but considering how much shovelware shit there is on the Wii, that should be an indication to the developers to make better games, which applies to all consoles.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blu-ray readers and writers probably won't go down in price for some time...they've hardly dropped significantly since they first came out years ago. I doubt burning blu-ray discs would be a viable way to market a modchip.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Da-Bomb1 said:
Blu-ray readers and writers probably won't go down in price for some time...they've hardly dropped significantly since they first came out years ago. I doubt burning blu-ray discs would be a viable way to market a modchip.
What you talkin about Willis? Blu-Ray readers were 1200 CAD when they first came out 3 years ago, a reader now is like 100 dollars, the cost has come down almost 10 fold, burners came out at over 1,000 bucks too and those were 2x ones, you can get an 8x for 230 bucks, that isn't too bad really.

impur1ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's likely that most games will fit onto DVD+R DL so a BluRay burners won't be needed. Kinda like the DC with GD-R games burnt onto CD-R.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought PS3 could play DVD+R DL.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
vhunter said:
This will hurt all 360 fanboys.
(Im not a ps3 fanboy btw, don't even own one)
Why would this hurt them? It's not even confirmed to be real.
And btw, 360 had a mod for years, so this would hurt PS3 fanboys that had to wait this long for a mod, and not X360 fanboys
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...