Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
jonjon95 said:
Well if AKAIO's dead, then I'd like to say a few words.
WTF man, AKAIO is not dead. People were saying the same crap after 1.4.1 & were proven horribly wrong. I think Norm is just upset at the moment, and it might take a while before we get a new version,but AKAIO Will live on.
nds.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leonidas said:
jonjon95 said:
Well if AKAIO's dead, then I'd like to say a few words.
WTF man, AKAIO is not dead. People were saying the same crap after 1.4.1 & were proven horribly wrong. I think Norm is just upset at the moment, and it might take a while before we get a new version,but AKAIO Will live on.
nds.gif
Well if that's case then I'm relieved . Long live AKAIO.

~ Jon

Hakcu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im waiting to recive an AK2i to replace my CycloDS, and I have chosen it because AKAIO, so I hope the development of AKAIO continues =)

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys, I just potentially had an idea on how to prevent these cracks from working for now.

It's not foolproof, and it isn't entirely futureproof, meaning at some point it may be cracked.

What needs to be done is somewhere in AKAIO's code and possibly the AK2 code, a check needs to be implemented.

It needs to be told that if it was launched as _DS_MSHL.nds to not boot. In addition if AKAIO or the Official AK2 firmware is not launched as any one of the filenames that AKAIO uses for it's firmwares/loaders, then it should also be told to not boot.

Since R4's and most of their clones require moonshell to be booted as _DS_MSHL.nds or some other filename related to moonshell, it will not be able to boot AKAIO or the original AK2 firmware renamed to moonshell's loader/filename, and/or any of AKAIO's or the Official Firmware's loaders.

A Hex and/or CRC check would also temporarily remedy this issue. If the CRC or Hex check when AKAIO is launched doesn't match, which it shouldn't on a cracked firmware/loader since parts of the data have been altered, the hex check should always fail even if the CRC is spoofed, that it won't boot. This fix probably is more practical in terms of effectiveness than the one above, but again it isn't foolproof.

I may not be a programmer, but I'm good with computers, and finding or thinking of ideas for fixes on issues pertaining to them, and a Flashcart firmware is somewhat similar, although equally different.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new copy protection that some DS games are now using adds literally hundreds of AP checks, and those games still get cracked. Adding a couple extra checks to AKAIO won't change the situation.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Destructobot said:
The new copy protection that some DS games are now using adds literally hundreds of AP checks, and those games still get cracked. Adding a couple extra checks to AKAIO won't change the situation.

Rudolph doesnt have the skill to crack those games hence why he hasnt released any cracks for any of them
tongue.gif

But yeah I am well aware that i cant stop them cracking AKAIO but I dont like my shit running on clones and more specifically anything with R4 in the name of it.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Destructobot said:

Rudolph doesnt have the skill to crack those games hence why he hasnt released any cracks for any of them
tongue.gif

But yeah I am well aware that i cant stop them cracking AKAIO but I dont like my shit running on clones and more specifically anything with R4 in the name of it.

Are you really going to stop working on AKAIO because of this?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normmatt said:
Destructobot said:

tongue.gif
So logically if you give AKAIO the same level of protection as those games then there will be fuck all Rudolph can do to crack it?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who really even cares its really just a flashcart... If you need game fixes the regular Acekard team is always there to help us.... Everyone here is just getting crazy about a little $12 device...

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt said:
I dont like my shit running on clones and more specifically anything with R4 in the name of it.

Why? What difference does it make?

Apple doesn't like people running OSX on Hackintoshes, but they take it in stride. And they sell the hardware.

Do you profit from AK sales? Then why do you give a shit?

Anyway, Rudolph sounds like a dick, but more important than all this whinging is the issue with saves not working on the recent batch of AK2.1 carts (with AKAIO). I'm sure everyone is wondering what your take on that is...

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirated Ds games now pirated flashcart software what the hell is this all coming to I have
nothing against Normmatt and anyone else who talks shit on R4 and anything similar
but the R4 was the 1st Ds flashcart then everything came from it after being threatened
by ninty the original R4 team got hit the most now people are hating each other keeping
things to themselves hint for what reason it's all the 4 same purpose backed up Ds Games
this is supposed to be a fun game...

Think about the wii scene wan got over his betrayal and now the wii scene has really
blossumed everyone is working together not against each other.....

Main point R4 is the roots of flashcarts respect that.....
lecture.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
but the R4 was the 1st Ds flashcart then everything came from it
lecture.gif
You don't know what you're talking about. The R4 wasn't even the first slot 1 flashcart that didn't need a rom patcher or a flashed DS, much less the first DS flashcart, and even less the first flashcart ever.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
gisel213 said:
but the R4 was the 1st Ds flashcart then everything came from it
lecture.gif
You don't know what you're talking about. The R4 wasn't even the first slot 1 flashcart that didn't need a rom patcher or a flashed DS, much less the first DS flashcart, and even less the first flashcart ever.

yah your right there was that passmee mess b4 that didnt put that in the same category i should have said
that i really think everyone should stop fighting this doesnt help us it helps the big N.... instead

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Once again, the R4 was NOT the first slot 1 flashcart that did not need a flashed DS or a PassMe/NoPass.

Some of the many carts that came before it were the Ultra Flash Pass, the DS-Xtreme, the NDSGBA 1:1, and the NinjaPass X9, all of which took clean roms and did not need a flashed DS. After those and some others, the EZ-Flash V, Supercard DS 1 and the R4 all came out at about the same time, which means that the R4 was not even the original GOOD slot 1 flashcart.

Don't get me wrong, I think the R4 was excellent for a little while; maybe 6 to 8 months. But then it lost support, and its competition did not.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
R4 was only popular because it was one of the only flashcarts that had a simple-to-understand UI. Even a 10 year old could understand how to use it. It also had the best features back in the day and was updated at least once a month. But now it has gone to hell because of outdated features and lack of updates,

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Once again, the R4 was NOT the first slot 1 flashcart that did not need a flashed DS or a PassMe/NoPass.

Some of the many carts that came before it were the Ultra Flash Pass, the DS-Xtreme, the NDSGBA 1:1, and the NinjaPass X9, all of which took clean roms and did not need a flashed DS. After those and some others, the EZ-Flash V, Supercard DS 1 and the R4 all came out at about the same time, which means that the R4 was not even the original GOOD slot 1 flashcart.

Don't get me wrong, I think the R4 was excellent for a little while; maybe 6 to 8 months. But then it lost support, and its competition did not.

okay got me again i knew about those passme/flashme things but not of a ninjapass and the others you mentioned
but now we shift the argument all these ds flashcarts came from whichever one was the 1st i mean who cant buy a
flashcart examine pcb, passme/flashme epprom kernal whatever then recreate mass produce then slap another
name on it change the graphics alittle bit add a feature here and there they all do the same thing.....

Some questions for for Normmatt

You hate anything with R4 on it because it's a clone.. what if this becomes able to run on Supercard,M3,Supercarddstwo
and everything else well what then?????

I see your a Former Akaio Programmer why are you helping them???? Do get respect or something for helping them i
hope you get paid if not why rant on other flashcarts....

Why not make your own flashcart with bricker software in the menu files...... If your dead serious....

Anything in this world man made can be replicated so why keep fighting Mr Anderson why do you Persist????

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
Destructobot said:

okay got me again i knew about those passme/flashme things but not of a ninjapass and the others you mentioned
but now we shift the argument all these ds flashcarts came from whichever one was the 1st i mean who cant buy a
flashcart examine pcb, passme/flashme epprom kernal whatever then recreate mass produce then slap another
name on it change the graphics alittle bit add a feature here and there they all do the same thing.....

You hate anything with R4 on it because it's a clone.. what if this becomes able to run on Supercard,M3,Supercarddstwo

I see your a Former Akaio Programmer why are you helping them???? Do get respect or something for helping them i

Why not make your own flashcart with bricker software in the menu files...... If your dead serious....

Anything in this world man made can be replicated so why keep fighting Mr Anderson why do you Persist????

You, sir, are an idiot. Plain and simple. Some of the R4's sold now are Acekard clones. That's why it was possible to hack AKAIO to work with them. AKAIO is built to run ONLY on an Acekard(or a Clone now, I guess). It is impossible for AKAIO to runon anything that isn't either an Acekard or a clone of the Acekard. And even putting that bricker in, hacking it...you can remove that bricking code.

There is a reason why flashcard firmwares are not interchangable. Each flashcard, however similar(minus clones, obviously), were made differently. They have different code in them, different firmware, all of that.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
gisel213 said:
Destructobot said:

You, sir, are an idiot. Plain and simple. Some of the R4's sold now are Acekard clones. That's why it was possible to hack AKAIO to work with them. AKAIO is built to run ONLY on an Acekard(or a Clone now, I guess). It is impossible for AKAIO to runon anything that isn't either an Acekard or a clone of the Acekard. And even putting that bricker in, hacking it...you can remove that bricking code.

There is a reason why flashcard firmwares are not interchangable. Each flashcard, however similar(minus clones, obviously), were made differently. They have different code in them, different firmware, all of that.

You took me seriously wow i was just having some fun here didnt u see my last line qouting smith from the
crappy matrix.... this thread is pointless in the end Normmatt will do what he wants with his hardwork nuff
said he made the statement that AKAIO is dead... why press buttons any further....

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
gisel213 said:
Destructobot said:

double post lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, Is that SAK I see. :ninja:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a weird game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I wanted to see shards of the titanic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jaws is on a diet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here