Good ol' Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Deleting settings.rsd did not help me,but reinstalling the whole thing did
so i guess the settings.rsd is not a problem,it is most likely some other rsd. file

Thank you for your help
Phil

Liam2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn this app... It renamed all my roms wrong, telling me that a game is another one, now I don't know wich rom file is the game for sure.

blink.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Damn this app... It renamed all my roms wrong, telling me that a game is another one, now I don't know wich rom file is the game for sure.

blink.gif

Well, damn you too
tongue.gif
In only renames games according to your Naming Scheme you have -- and it names based on the internal info of the rom, so it is *not* wrong. I can place my money on you being the only person who would 'have their roms named wrong'
tongue.gif

If your games are a problem, back them up from your backup device properly. *wink* *wink*.

And next time when you join a forum just to complain, go and introduce yourself in the Introductions forum, instead of being an ass. It's a shame the database gets crowded with people who come here, register, make 1 post, and never show up again.

PieOPah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deleting settings.rsd did not help me,but reinstalling the whole thing did
so i guess the settings.rsd is not a problem,it is most likely some other rsd. file

Thank you for your help
Phil

I ended up just deleting all of the .rsd files. This ended up fixing the problem for me.

A mild annoyance but I am glad that the app is working again. Not sure that I could manage my ROMs without it
biggrin.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I ended up just deleting all of the .rsd files. This ended up fixing the problem for me.

A mild annoyance but I am glad that the app is working again. Not sure that I could manage my ROMs without it
biggrin.gif

I'll try to make the next upgrade a little more seamless
smile.gif
5.3.2 has some additional useful features and bugfixes, so it should roll out a little easier
smile.gif

--Henry

Liam2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

blink.gif

Well, damn you too
tongue.gif
In only renames games according to your Naming Scheme you have -- and it names based on the internal info of the rom, so it is *not* wrong. I can place my money on you being the only person who would 'have their roms named wrong'
tongue.gif

If your games are a problem, back them up from your backup device properly. *wink* *wink*.

And next time when you join a forum just to complain, go and introduce yourself in the Introductions forum, instead of being an ass. It's a shame the database gets crowded with people who come here, register, make 1 post, and never show up again.

Too bad you've taken it so personal, that wasn't my intention.
blink.gif

The "naming scheme" is correct, i'm not talking about that. I'm talking for example, the game is Dragon Ball Z - Warriors 2, and it renamed as being another game, like Prims.

Already registered more than a year ago.
wink.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad you've taken it so personal, that wasn't my intention.Â
blink.gif

The "naming scheme" is correct, i'm not talking about that. I'm talking for example, the game is Dragon Ball Z - Warriors 2, and it renamed as being another game, like Prims.

Already registered more than a year ago.Â
wink.gif

haha no worries, not personally taken, just haven't slept too well the past couple days (been working nights and days rotating and it's killing me and making me grumpy
tongue.gif
)

In your list, is the rom number correct? If it is correct, then it should rename without a problem. If there is a problem, it could be possible that the DS database was corrupted during download. Try deleting ds.rsd from the Rominator Data folder, and relaunch Rominator. You'll have to Check for Updates and download the new database.

Wow... over a year here and not a post until now
tongue.gif
Must not like us very much
tongue.gif

Liam2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please mention at least one game where this has occured and I will check it out but I have not seen this happen.

Almost every game in my colleccion (+- 400 roms).
frown.gif

Already deleted all of them.

Too bad you've taken it so personal, that wasn't my intention. 
blink.gif

Already registered more than a year ago. 
wink.gif

haha no worries, not personally taken, just haven't slept too well the past couple days (been working nights and days rotating and it's killing me and making me grumpy
tongue.gif
)

In your list, is the rom number correct? If it is correct, then it should rename without a problem. If there is a problem, it could be possible that the DS database was corrupted during download. Try deleting ds.rsd from the Rominator Data folder, and relaunch Rominator. You'll have to Check for Updates and download the new database.

Wow... over a year here and not a post until now
tongue.gif
Must not like us very much
tongue.gif

Don't think it was the database. Sometimes it renamed correctly, sometimes don't, restarted the app, tried to rename again, and it changed the name of the game once again.
frown.gif

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since version 5.0 or so I get a problem everytime I try to start the application in Linux (the Linux version):

Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit.

Please report what caused this error
along with the information below.

../Common/loaderX86.cpp: 268
Failure Condition: lib->mLibraryHandle
Missing shared library /usr/lib/libc.so

I removed the data folder to see if the application created a new one on the first run but still no success. Is anyone else having this problem in Linux (Ubunutu)?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since version 5.0 or so I get a problem everytime I try to start the application in Linux (the Linux version):

Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit.

Please report what caused this error
along with the information below.

../Common/loaderX86.cpp: 268
Failure Condition: lib->mLibraryHandle
Missing shared library /usr/lib/libc.so

I removed the data folder to see if the application created a new one on the first run but still no success. Is anyone else having this problem in Linux (Ubunutu)?

This is normal right now. Rominator currently does not work with Linux. Henry is working on the problem with Ubuntu's tech support.

Good ol' Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any way to edit rsd. files so rominator can show homebrew?
I just made an icon for the Ipod app (LMP-lg),i edited the header with the program called dsbuff (aka DSlazy)
marked it as european game number 9999
laugh.gif
and did some boxart (ps my gfx skills are quite modest - but the icon turned out cool)

check it out (16bit 32x32
frown.gif
) :

ipodingbgfrb3.png
can be used for ur
nds.gif

and the normal one (cant be used for NDS. 32x32 256bits):

ipodingbgof3.png

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to edit rsd. files so rominator can show homebrew?
I just made an icon for the Ipod app (LMP-lg),i edited the header with the program called dsbuff (aka DSlazy)
marked it as european game number 9999Â
laugh.gif
 and did some boxart (ps my gfx skills are quite modest - but the icon turned out cool)

check it out (16bit 32x32Â
frown.gif
 ) :

ipodingbgfrb3.png

Hiya,

You can edit the RSD files with a SQLite Database Editor. However, once you update the database, your changes will be gone.

--Henry

Good ol' Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thnx for the fast reply i tried with notepad just got some junk
sql..never actually used it..small files,function call thingy,and very fast thats all i know
time to learn some sql

thnx for your help again

-phil

I just added it to the list.This is really easy-anyone can do it (if you get the GUI version)

Hankchill rulez
bow.gif

here are the snapshots:

weeaw8.png

wee2jd3.png

Edit: Posts merged together. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I paroosed through as many pages of the thread as I could, yet i could not find an answer.

I am having a problem with rominator. Rominator adds roms to my library fine, yet in the toolbox i cannot download any rom info for my library, in fact i can't do much other than see what roms are in my library.

I would appreciate any help

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I paroosed through as many pages of the thread as I could, yet i could not find an answer.

I am having a problem with rominator. Rominator adds roms to my library fine, yet in the toolbox i cannot download any rom info for my library, in fact i can't do much other than see what roms are in my library.

I would appreciate any help

Help -> Rominator Help.

Please use it before asking any questions. It's there for a reason.

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
my apologies, i flipped through the user guide but i must have missed it. I'll look again.

edit: ran file->update and things worked out. Thanks for pointing me back in the right direction!

edd722

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There is a little problem I found it appears as if Rominator doesn't find Draglade information
----------------------------------------------------------

Problem solved, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work