Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekydollar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
sorry to be a pain, but i just downloaded the latests windows version and it just keeps sayin that it has encountered a rpoblem and needs to close

Dazimus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Hank, sorry to be so lazy but any chance you could give me a rundown on how Rominator works with two seperate flash cards? My girlfriend has just got an R4DS and I'll be wanting to use Rominator with her card, and have seperate saves for her card. Would you be able to give me a quick explanation on this? Cheers!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Hank, sorry to be so lazy but any chance you could give me a rundown on how Rominator works with two seperate flash cards? My girlfriend has just got an R4DS and I'll be wanting to use Rominator with her card, and have seperate saves for her card. Would you be able to give me a quick explanation on this? Cheers!

Hiya Daz,

With 2 separate cards, basically if you go into the Settings area under 'Locations', under 'Flash Cards', when you insert her card, as long as it has a different name as yours, you can add it to the list of flash cards. After you've inserted the card, go to File menu and choose 'Scan Flash Cards'. This will find any available cards, and if hers exists, then it'll show up in the list. As for the game saves, when you backup saves, you can comment them, so give it a comment like 'her save' or 'my save' or whatever.

@cheekydollar:
I see nothing in that log that could possibly explain why Rominator closes down. I see you've been stealing Adobe software though
tongue.gif

--Henry

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@cheekydollar:
I see nothing in that log that could possibly explain why Rominator closes down. I see you've been stealing Adobe software though
tongue.gif

--Henry

Oops lol
rofl2.gif

Hank, can I just get clarification on the usage of Rominator please?

Ok say I have ROM's in C:\ROMS\ and I set Rominator up to that folder.

When I get new ROM's, should I be:

a) placing them in C:\ROMS\ and using the update folder button
b) placing them in C:\ROMS\ and dragging and dropping them onto the Rominator window
c) placing them elsewhere, dragging and dropping them onto the Rominator window, then moving them to C:\ROMS\

I ask as I've always had some issues with using method a) however that method would seem to be the obvious one to use.

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an awesome program!

My one wish: If I don't know what a game is, I can click a button that sends me to search on DS.IGN's website with the search string being the name of the game. That way in two clicks I can find out what the game is about..

-Matthew

ace214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My one wish: If I don't know what a game is, I can click a button that sends me to search on DS.IGN's website with the search string being the name of the game. That way in two clicks I can find out what the game is about..Â
Why would you have downloaded a game that you don't know anything about?

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol good point.

I am not going to read 65 pages, so don't get mad if someone had these same problems before me.

I just used the link at the start of this thread and downloaded rominator. I dragged and dropped some roms into the window. however, the icons don't show up. when I link up my micro sd, it can find it, but no sub directories. also, when I change the rom database in the settings, it doesn't detect sub directories there either. and what's with the boxart thing?! when I try using the little download boxart feature it doesn't work at all.

p.s. when I click show rom icon in the settings, it just says DS in a white box next to the rom.

so far it can't do anything that I can't do by browsing through my folders.

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Why would you have downloaded a game that you don't know anything about?

Er, to have a complete set of US releases...?
huh.gif

While I have a good idea about most of them, just seeing the box art and genre category doesn't give me enough info.. Most of those Japanese styled games all have about the same box art, and a puzzle game's box art rarely lets you know what it's gameplay is like..

-Matthew

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so read a friggin review. you can't expect a rom manager to extract info that isn't part of the rom!

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeeze-louize, guys..

I didn't ask for info that isn't in the rom, I asked for the name of the rom to be sent to a website in a search. He already uses GBATemp's numbering scheme for his own database, I would think this would be much simpler than that..

Code:
http://search.ign.com/products?genNav=true&query=[INSERT_CURRENTLY_SELECTED_GAME_TITLE_HERE]&platformSearch=Nintendo%20DS

You know?

QUOTE said:
so read a friggin review

I'd rather see some screenshots and movies from the game..

-Matthew

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. This application must be shut down."

Hey, Im getting this error with the latest version of rominator whenever i try to refresh my rom list.
Also when i search for my flash card my cyclods micro sd shows up but the program will not show its contents. All of these problems did not happen before the update. (the update did fix some other issues i had though) any idea as to how to get the program back up to speed?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
are there going to be any other type of rom compression to be added?

Yes. Zip will be added sometime when I get a chance to do it... I've been very very busy and haven't had time for coding.

@hendrik_heng
I never miss a box art. I have them uploaded even before I upload the database.

@Urza
the changelog is visible when you updated. I also posted it somewhere here... I'll make an official changelog doc when I get around to it.

hendrik_heng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I tried adding Drawn to Life, but the boxart is not coming out. I tried removing the boxart, and re-downloaded again too.
I will give it a try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8