roblox for 3ds

xXjulian068Xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've always wondered if roblox could be played on the 3ds, either officially, or a homebrew port.

The truth is that I have low expectations that it can be done, since not even the new 3ds meets the minimum requirements of roblox, but I have hope since the power of homebrew is unlimited.

I don't know if that's possible, I'm new here, so I don't know if it's possible, but I hope I have an answer to clear up doubts.
:)

processor: 268 MHz dual-core ARM11 and 134 MHz single-core ARM9

graphics card: 133 MHz Digital Media Professionals PICA200

RAM: 128 MB FCRAM @ 3.2GB/s (32 MB Reserved for OS)

screen:

Top: 800 × 240 px (400 × 240 WQVGA per eye)

Bottom: 320 × 240 QVGA

approximately 16.77 million colors

processor: 804 MHz quad-core ARM11 and 134 MHz single-core ARM9

graphics card: 466 MHz Digital Media Professionals PICA200

RAM: 256 MB FCRAM @ 6.4GB/s (64 MB Reserved for OS)

screen:

Top: 800 × 240px (400 × 240 WQVGA per eye)

System hardware requirements​

• Graphics Card: On PC/Windows, the Roblox application requires DirectX 10 or higher feature level support. For the best performance we recommend either a computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card, or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
  • Processor: Roblox recommends you have a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 Ghz or better. There have been some issues with older AMD processors.
  • RAM or Memory: Roblox recommends you have at least 1 GB of memory on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
  • Storage Space: Roblox recommends you have at least 20 Mb of system storage space to install Roblox.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Here's the thing- Roblox is a closed-source proprietary platform.

That means if we want to port it to another platform, we have to reverse-engineer the entire engine and network protocol, and precisely reconstruct the whole thing. That is not an easy process at all, and it would take months of endless work in the community.

Not to mention Roblox will not be happy about it, since reverse-engineering is directly related to exploiting. Chances are all their efforts will become nothing the moment after Roblox acts against it, which further demotivates the commumity to do this.

Unless they decide to open-source their client or port it themselves (which are both very unlikely), you will sadly not be seeing this happen.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
but then it won't be fun.
I get that, there are plenty of games I wish were on my 3DS or Switch because they are more fun that way. Unfortunately, those games also have their source code available and thus would require a lot of work to get them running. It sucks, I get it but it can't be helped. Unless someone wants to invest time and energy into trying to solve this problem and they have my support if they want to do that.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

xXjulian068Xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Here's the thing- Roblox is a closed-source proprietary platform.

That means if we want to port it to another platform, we have to reverse-engineer the entire engine and network protocol, and precisely reconstruct the whole thing. That is not an easy process at all, and it would take months of endless work in the community.

Not to mention Roblox will not be happy about it, since reverse-engineering is directly related to exploiting. Chances are all their efforts will become nothing the moment after Roblox acts against it, which further demotivates the commumity to do this.

Unless they decide to open-source their client or port it themselves (which are both very unlikely), you will sadly not be seeing this happen.
I understand, but couldn't a copy of the old roblox (2006 - 2012) be made for the 3ds either?
I mean, not roblox as such, but something similar to robox from 2006 - 2012

Jstsxlittt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I've always wondered if roblox could be played on the 3ds, either officially, or a homebrew port.

The truth is that I have low expectations that it can be done, since not even the new 3ds meets the minimum requirements of roblox, but I have hope since the power of homebrew is unlimited.

I don't know if that's possible, I'm new here, so I don't know if it's possible, but I hope I have an answer to clear up doubts.

screen:

screen:

• Graphics Card: On PC/Windows, the Roblox application requires DirectX 10 or higher feature level support. For the best performance we recommend either a computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card, or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
  • Processor: Roblox recommends you have a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 Ghz or better. There have been some issues with older AMD processors.
  • RAM or Memory: Roblox recommends you have at least 1 GB of memory on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
  • Storage Space: Roblox recommends you have at least 20 Mb of system storage space to install Roblox.
Should you post this on the 3DS page

Taivn3008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Điều tốt nhất chúng tôi có thể làm là tạo ra một trò chơi có giao diện giống Roblox. Nếu bạn muốn Roblox khi đang di chuyển thì bạn sẽ cần mua một chiếc điện thoại thông minh.
yes i want this to happen, i just wish to be able to play roblox, not playing online is fine
Post automatically merged:

Hm
Post automatically merged:

Hm I have this strange idea of mine, can I talk to people on dsi and on this website when my phone is on?

Last edited by Taivn3008,

Arua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you went to the web browser it use to say the page was to wide.
but now it shows the log in button. Maybe the ver. Update that shut down the eshop
changed some websites.

Bartsinso

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

screen:

screen:

You could try openblox which is basically 2006-2010 Roblox for the ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Prob smelled the same anyways +1