Homebrew RIP [KTM]

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the last thing I'm gonna post here.

Negativity does not lead to production, only positivity does.

If someone claims they're going to "make something", then be supportive instead of whining and bitching about delays, sneak peeks, ect.
This is what happens when people believe they're under appreciated; they show that they say jump, and you say how high.

Enjoy your unstable release of KTM, people. Cause you fucking ruined it for yourselves, and I don't feel one bit bad.

You sir deserve a medal.

You said absolutely everything I've been wanting to say.

I wish I could give a thousand likes to you and wrench a thousand dislikes onto others for some of the ungrateful bitching I've seen here today.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There are definitely people like that but especially "real hackers" (and that is not limited to hacking) are not like that. Most peoples expectations are just to high.

If someone claims they're going to "make something", then be supportive instead of whining and bitching about delays, sneak peeks, ect.
This is what happens when people believe they're under appreciated; they show that they say jump, and you say how high.

Enjoy your unstable release of KTM, people. Cause you fucking ruined it for yourselves, and I don't feel one bit bad.

Agreed, but again, they know how people and there expectations are. This seems to be unique to Nintendo scenes. We've had numerous homebrew and hack releases for the 3ds. There is no drama over ninjhax, homemenuhax, what ever hax. Or over the mass amounts of ports, emulators and utilities. I can remember two major drama inducing projects. Karl and ktm. Both of them were announced, fed with sneak peaks, and ultimately announced that there would be no release. The fact is, yellows8 just releases stuff, no announcements before hand as far as I can tell, as well as many other devs that are more obscure because they do it right. And smea releases when he says he has something. He might delay, but he's dependable. Of course they have no responsibility to us. But on the same note, you can't blame anyone but yourself for failing or giving up on a project. Its suppose to be fun. The fact that anyone outside the team would effect his stress related to the work proves he was doing for the 'fame'. Otherwise he wouldn't have cared what people said.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This seems to be unique to Nintendo scenes.

Oh this is not unique in anyway just take the recent PS4 Linux demo failOverflow showed (other may call that a tease ;P) on the CCC conference they obviously have an exploit that they don't want to release (and most likely never will) people are bitching about that too. Another example are fantranslation that take longer as expected. Even smealum (and others) gets his share of hate because they have a WiiU exploit and it goes on ;).

And of course it would be nice if we could all have "that" but i personally don't get angry because of stuff like that. When something gets released fine if not i can live with that too. It's only this certain type of people that needs to get their anger out.

Last edited by nIxx,
Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh this is not unique in anyway just take the recent PS4 Linux demo failOverflow showed (other may call that a tease ;P) on the CCC conference they obviously have an exploit that they don't want to release (and most likely never will) people are bitching about that too. Another example are fantranslation that take longer as expected. Even smealum (and others) gets his share of hate because they have a WiiU exploit and it goes on ;).
Must be new scenes then. I don't remember all this drama in psp, origxbox, iphone, whatever.. I think it's a consequence of hacking scenes becoming too popular.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did say Pretty much*
There are odd cases, I know, I've been helping people since sunday. Just dealt with 3 2ds users on 10.3 who couldn't downgrade until they system formatted.

Im not blaming the user for everything... there are quirks, but in all the people I've helped I haven't had one hardbrick yet.

Do you think you could help me downgrade? I really don't wanna mess up my 3DS.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must be new scenes then. I don't remember all this drama in psp, origxbox, iphone, whatever.. I think it's a consequence of hacking scenes becoming too popular.

I can remember a lot of it in RHDN way back when I was still active. Oh, the wars that would rage over the validity of Sky Render's FFVI stuff...

Reactions: WeedZ

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel mean for saying this, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but this is the second time he's promised something to the community and did not deliver. Even if there's something to this one, it's still not a complete project. I understand he has potential, but he never seems to fully commit to his projects, which is rather disappointing.
Edit: I am not trying to belittle or anything, it's just sad that he couldn't fully finish his work. It would be nice to see him finish a project for once. He has great potential, but he also tends to overdo things. If he waited until there was say, a beta ready before announcing his project, there would have been a lot less heat on him and he would have had something more stable to show. It's all about timing when it comes down to these kinds of projects and since there was already a downgrade process, he shouldn't have had the need to rush his out so fast. He just needs to commit and focus and could accomplish something great.
His ass was probably never even doing anything. He plays minecraft in his free time, not make exploits. Same with hykem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Perhaps its a consequence of a much younger/immature demographic. You know, the so-called ADHD generation.
The 3ds is aimed at younger kids. PSP and stuff isn't quite as much.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
His ass was probably never even doing anything. He plays minecraft in his free time, not make exploits. Same with hykem.
I am a nice person, there's some work done, thus there was an attempt. Plus, everyone gets three strikes with me, so I am kind with the first two strikes and give the benefit of the doubt.

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Softbricked for the 10th time.
Will send gift card codes for free GatewayMe.
(The PassMe device demonstrated for ntrcardhax with Gateway all over it.)

Obviously I'm joking, but if Gateway does use that, i will actually make the trade...

Last edited by Pikasack,

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a nice person, there's some work done, thus there was an attempt. Plus, everyone gets three strikes with me, so I am kind with the first two strikes and give the benefit of the doubt.
I do too, most of the time. Ill give him some credit for being good at faking. Same wth hykem, yet again.

And now im getting ads for sexy local women...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I do too, most of the time. Ill give him some credit for being good at faking. Same wth hykem, yet again.

And now im getting ads for sexy local women...
Those local woman always live in TOR proxy for me!!

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No its because most people that post on here that play their 3ds are little kids.10-18 if you were in the original xbox softmod scene over at afterdawn it was mostly older people playing xbox(I was 10 when I softmodded my box in 2005) so when people asked for help they got it right away. Here there is alot of flaming and people are generally dicks when you ask for help. No sense of accountability in this scene unfortunately.

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All the devs have to say is it will be released when its done, then lock the thread and let the mods do their jobs instead of always bitching to unfortunate fucks around here.
It's all about the hype! it's a win win situation for the dev and for the forum/site they are apart of.

To all the non mods and devs out here, keep doing what your doing cause they deserve every bit of what they get!

No its because most people that post on here that play their 3ds are little kids.10-18 if you were in the original xbox softmod scene over at afterdawn it was mostly older people playing xbox(I was 10 when I softmodded my box in 2005) so when people asked for help they got it right away. Here there is alot of flaming and people are generally dicks when you ask for help. No sense of accountability in this scene unfortunately.

It's all about who's e-penis's are bigger! ask GeoHot!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sad to see him give up just like that, seems like KTM turned out to be really buggy and he didn't know how to fix it. Understandable, but sad.
KTM github said:
LATEST BUILD CONTAINS BRICKING BUGS 100% OF THE TIME
DO NOT DOWNGRADE WITH IT FOR ANY REASON
https://github.com/JustPingo/KernelTimeMachine

Maybe he should have just forked sysupdater from the beginning and based KTM on that.

Reactions: Arubaro and WeedZ

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the devs have to say is it will be released when its done, then lock the thread and let the mods do their jobs instead of always bitching to unfortunate fucks around here.
It's all about the hype! it's a win win situation for the dev and for the forum/site they are apart of.

To all the non mods and devs out here, keep doing what your doing cause they deserve every bit of what they get!

It's all about who's e-penis's are bigger! ask GeoHot!
geohot got fucked over by sony to the point were I woulda thrown the hacks out. The fact that geohots exist is troubling. Facing sony in court was probably scary as can get.

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geohot got fucked over by sony to the point were I woulda thrown the hacks out. The fact that geohots exist is troubling. Facing sony in court was probably scary as can get.

Hotz had a private dinner with Elon musk and is writing self driving car software in his garage right now so it seems your opinions of his accomplishments and the aftermath thereof may be terminally dumb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....