Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how all of this has been said to you in the other thread, but we were "spamming," yet all your posts were the incorrect/flaming/slanderous ones.

And now you try to save face by saying "these are useful answers". Keep on reporting/ignoring people.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry to break in, kinda off topic of uniloader and riivolution...

but ,

QUOTE said:
* If file swapping in SNEEK is desired, replicating this functionality in SNEEK is the most likely solution

whats the point of riivolution if your useing sneek/uneek ...DI ?

i think the files are much easier to just modify and play without all this.

http://code.google.com/p/gadget4sneek/downloads/list

i mean i sure had no problem dumping NSMBW
and playing all the new additions,
by drag and droping files, then just by clicking a .bat file, and play from there, no extra loading of apps..etc.

and when i had to try riivolution , i pulled out my retail , then found out that..
...that after i burned the game (to save my retail from damage), i was able to use it with my wiikey1 to try riivolution.
... pointless though as it was much faster and easier to just use uneek+di and fstcreator to play any mods on any game i used discex on.

intrested to se how this develops , still, but imo , realy very pointless

-=-edited due to my crap use of english language-=-

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Riivolution redirects file access for specific files, allowing you to swap files on the SD card for ones on the disc. (S/U)NEEK+DI already has ALL of the disc files extracted and decrypted to a USB drive. All you have to do is add the ability for the DI module to selectively load certain files from a different directory than expected, and voila, you have all of the function from Riivolution that you care for. Heck, you could even create your own implementation of RiiFS (isn't the RiiFS server code open-source, or am I just imagining things?) and load patch files via WiFi. Seriously, reverse-engineering Riivolution would be like trying to reverse-engineer the entire SM in order to install your own custom channels. It's insanely overkill, and they way you're going about it, flaming the devs the way you are, is just juvenile. There is a much simpler way to do what you are asking for, so just get over it. Riivolution does one thing, the thing it is designed to do, and it does it very well: it patches RETAIL discs on an UNMODIFIED IOS. No other loader out there can do that. Period. There are several different ways to apply patches to burned discs and USB games. There are only 2 things that Riivolution can give you over those existing methods, and those are having a UI for selecting patches to be applied which can be easily changed without moving any files manually, and network loading, which allows you to easily test patches by swapping files on your computer without rebooting the game. These can already be added to SNEEK itself, and rather easily.

Oh yeah, there is one other major feature you won't have. The incredible level of stability. And guess how they achieve that? By not mucking around with crazy workarounds to get things working. They require you to run it on a stable system and in return you get a stable product. If you're willing to sacrifice that stability in order to achieve a similar goal by means of some inane workaround, make things easier for yourself and add that functionality to the already open-source code you already have access to, because you can. You seem to believe that you're fighting to avoid reinventing the wheel, but really you're trying to disassemble someone else's car to steal theirs rather than just making your own using the blueprints you already have.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
qwertymodo said:
(S/U)NEEK+DI already has ALL of the disc files extracted and decrypted to a USB drive. All you have to do is add the ability for the DI module to selectively load certain files from a different directory than expected, and voila, you have all of the function from Riivolution that you care for.
no point in that , really , either ...

just ACTUALY swap the files and use the fstcreator to update the fst
then you can play the moded game no need to add ability it just plays.

but , i geuss , if your talented enough you can go about it the hard way. ;-)

personaly rivolution sems great , and uniloader great too ,
but for simplicity,
the sneek way sure is fast and easy for muliple changes,
and many changes after another .

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
thesund0g said:
qwertymodo said:
markehmus said:

You miss the entire point of hotpatching.

But it acheives the same goal, so why does it matter?
Same difference as loading games via disc vs. USB loader.

Also you miss the awesomeness that comes with Riivolution patches beyond simple file replacements, but only the cool projects use that stuff anyway.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
qwertymodo said:

you rite. i am completely missing the point of this patching a dumped game on the fly
when it takes longer to load and is harder to do.

thats why i asked in my 1st post: "whats the point of riivolution if your useing sneek/uneek ...DI ?"

i totaly understand riivolution's patching retail.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hotpatching = changing the file for a game's level on your pc, restarting the level as the game is running and seeing the new changes.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
markehmus said:
i totaly understand riivolution's patching retail.

I was more thinking the ability to hotswap patches during testing, especially when you can do it via WiFi and just swap the files on your PC itself. Plus the ability to easily turn patches on/off from within an interface on the Wii itself, no moving files manually with a PC, since what you're suggesting vs what I suggested both assume we're discussing patching of dumped games. What you're talking about is already 100% possible and therefore pointless in this discussion. I'm talking about what CAN'T currently be done but COULD be.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
*woops I meant to edit my last post to add this part but accidentally quoted it instead
tongue.gif

markehmus said:
thats why i asked in my 1st post: "whats the point of riivolution if your useing sneek/uneek ...DI ?"

That's kind of the point that the OP seems to keep missing... for all the work he's suggesting, he won't get hardly anything in return he can't already do... albeit in a less stable and less polished manner than Riivolution, but so would any hacky workaround like he's suggesting that would somehow "enable" Riivolution. You'd be defeating the entire purpose of Riivolution, as you'd be ruining nearly every benefit Riivolution has over current patching methods in the process.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wasnt aware of the wifi ability to load while still playing , that is a great feature!

more understandable now that wiibricker would want that for sneek/uniloader as well.
that would make things faster.

thank you for making it clear to me.

i will definately try this feature (useing riivolution) next time i want to try a mod or something new.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AerialX said:
thesund0g said:
qwertymodo said:
markehmus said:

Also you miss the awesomeness that comes with Riivolution patches beyond simple file replacements, but only the cool projects use that stuff anyway.

True, I forgot about that. But much of the complaining seems to come from people just wanting to do NSMBW/MKW custom levels, so this should keep them happy at least, yes?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
AerialX said:
thesund0g said:
qwertymodo said:
markehmus said:

True, I forgot about that. But much of the complaining seems to come from people just wanting to do NSMBW/MKW custom levels, so this should keep them happy at least, yes?

And yet, here we are, having this useless and petty argument... some people just don't get it...

(by "we" I don't necessarily mean you)

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this kids is why you need to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Riivolution is more useful for users who are creating mods and need to test them many times (if they don't know that SNEEK allows to replace any file without hassle). When mod is finished, then it's more convenient to have it integrated and saved as separated ISO.

For regular users, Ocarina cheat engine is enough. 99% of patches are used for cheats and small changes.

Only lazy user today will r-a-p-e wii's DVD more and more instead to load it from USB/SD
smile.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, the thing is, I want to learn how to hack roms/isos and translate an english only game into my language. The game is an old NTSC only Wii game (no PAL version). I own a retail copy of the game, purchased from play-asia a couple of years ago, but it's not available anymore, it will be very hard for other people in europe to get a copy. So most of them would have to stick with a pirated copy if they want to play this game anyway. Since Riivolution is much more convenient than other file replamcement methods, it would have been nice if it would be compatible with backups.

But I guess I have to stick with other file replacement methods (for now).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorgelig said:
Only lazy user today will r-a-p-e wii's DVD more and more instead to load it from USB/SD
smile.gif
So copy all the extracted files onto your USB/SD and run it with Riivolution. It's just like running it with sneek.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
sorgelig said:
smile.gif
So copy all the extracted files onto your USB/SD and run it with Riivolution. It's just like running it with sneek.

lol, never thought of doing that...

*dumps a game to PC HD to load the entire game via RiiFS... just for kicks
yaywii.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Stan4d @ Stan4d: Hello! from my kindle! (supposed to be rading abook for school)