News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SFenton said:
How many people do you REALLY think are going to invest themselves in the amount of research necessary to get a Wii running how we have it running?

Your arguments seem to switch every other day. Pick one and stick with it, it might develop. Until then, your own argumental flaws are readily apparant.
I think you should check out homebrew sites in more detail. There are guides around with even dumb people can easily hack their Wiis. No much research required.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
SFenton said:
How many people do you REALLY think are going to invest themselves in the amount of research necessary to get a Wii running how we have it running?

Your arguments seem to switch every other day. Pick one and stick with it, it might develop. Until then, your own argumental flaws are readily apparant.
I think you should check out homebrew sites in more detail. There are guides around with even dumb people can easily hack their Wiis. No much research required.

And yet, day by day, more posts here asking the same questions, met with staggering "read the guides" or the like.

Can't say the same for other forums but in all honesty I can't see the situation being much different.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SFenton said:
And yet, day by day, more posts here asking the same questions,
Yes, you're right. That's because people are too lazy to search where the guides are located on the forum (trust me, that's the truth, lol), but those people are willing to learn and they will achieve their goals because they would get help by the community.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Now out of the original, say, hundred people who looked at Riivolution: you're looking at seven or eight. Only two or three would likely pirate.

If only 2-3% of your hypothetical subject pirates then it's not a great argument.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Let me explain myself a bit more in detail to make my point clear.

I understood completely. Please don't assume I'm an idiot. megazig got it spot on

megazig said:
so.... long story short, no, there's no reason with the proper course of events that Riivolution makes more pirates. pirates will see Riivolution and want to use it, but that doesn't change that they were pirates to start.

If someone is prepared to pirate things that is what they will look into first, especially if they are one of the group that only acquire games that way. Has modding PC games lead to more piracy? There's quite an high level of entry for most of these things and people spend a lot of times on forums where they will be an higher chance of getting exposed to it than normal. But no, if people want to pirate that comes first, then they move onto the mods.

And your earlier point about people thinking homebrew is illegal, I don't know anyone like that. But I do know quite a few people who wouldn't use it anyway, mainly over safety or TOS violation fears, but generally they think it's cool but just don't care.

QUOTE(WiiBricker @ Nov 25 2010, 03:02 AM)
Yes, you're right. That's because people are too lazy to search where the guides are located on the forum (trust me, that's the truth, lol), but those people are willing to learn and they will achieve their goals because they would get help by the community.

Actually most of the time I'd say they aren't, they want everything handing to them with minimal input and only start learning after things go wrong. You are a perfect example, with the amount of time you spend whining and speculating you could have started to learn how to code and make your own solution.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SFenton said:
Okay. Now out of the original, say, hundred people who looked at Riivolution: you're looking at seven or eight. Only two or three would likely pirate.

If only 2-3% of your hypothetical subject pirates then it's not a great argument.

Listen, my point was basicly:

Riivolution is homebrew.

Homebrew ---> Piracy.

How many people that installed the homebrew channel dont pirate? I say 2-4 %.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um, both of us are pulling stats out of nowhere. Your stats, however, have no backing and it's really difficult to verify or believe them.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SFenton said:
Um, both of us are pulling stats out of nowhere. Your stats, however, have no backing and it's really difficult to verify or believe them.
Oh believe me, if people can get stuff for free, they will get it for free. That's the nature of human (unless you are rich or something). The fact that approximately 95% of gbatemp users and even its staff pirate, pretty much proves my point.

ADD: Also have a look at the following polls

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?&showtopi...e=show&st=0
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=253...t=0&start=0

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
100% of people that committed suicide did it themselves maybe we should all do it
smile.gif

Reactions: 1 person

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you really think that using a poll from this site is an accurate representation of all homebrew users? you dont see anything wrong with the logic in that?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit biased towards pirates. If a survey could be given to ALL homebrew users, then maybe. But what you're presenting just doesn't work. You're polling pirates. You need to poll everybody.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well it's not like any other homebrew site differs from gbatemp that much. I know a lot of sites and the majority of the users there are pirates.

On the other hand we have 'clean' homebrew sites like wiibrew forums or rvlution.net. But their number of registered users are nothing compared to the overall numbers of registered users from sites that support cIOS, USB loaders etc.

So yes, the polls are an accurate representation of all homebrew users.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SFenton said:
No, they're not. Like you said, GBATemp is 95% pirates. Tell me that's not automatically biased towards pirates.
You didnt get my point. The majority of gbatemps users are pirats because the site supports 'warez' applications like cIOS installers, usb loaders and even piracy devices like flash carts.

And that's exactly the case with all other sites that support these applications and devices.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm glad I fit into the odd 5% of download enthusiasts and not one of those 95% pirate types that frequent temp
rofl.gif

seriously how many people are even honest when filling out these online polls?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
SFenton said:
No, they're not. Like you said, GBATemp is 95% pirates. Tell me that's not automatically biased towards pirates.
You didnt get my point. The majority of gbatemps users are pirats because the site supports 'warez' applications like cIOS installers, usb loaders and even piracy devices like flash carts.

And that's exactly the case with all other sites that support these applications and devices.

You're not getting the point. You're trying to tell me that you're sampling the entire Wii homebrew community when you're just going to different sites and telling what you see. That's not representative of the community as a whole.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Wiisel said:
seriously how many people are even honest when filling out these online polls?
Exactly. If all users were honest, the percentage of those that pirate would be larger.
or they thought they would get a bigger E-penis rather than giving a truthful answer

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SFenton said:
WiiBricker said:
SFenton said:

You're not getting the point. You're trying to tell me that you're sampling the entire Wii homebrew community when you're just going to different sites and telling what you see. That's not representative of the community as a whole.
Why not? The majority of people that installed the homebrew channel are registered somewhere on a homebrew site/sites.
Now how many homebrew sites that supports 'warez' applications are there in comparison to 'clean' homebrew sites? And how large are their amount of registered users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1