Homebrew Returning to Wii U modding, what will I need to do?

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The last time I've touched Wii U mods were back when HBL and Loadiine could only be loaded from the web browser, and before Haxchi and Mocha. I used to use an SD to load Wii U backups, but I'd like to move to a USB HDD. I've heard there is a method of installing games directly to the menu but you can't use the drive for anything else, but most importantly I want to be able to use the HDD with a vWii USB loader as well as for Wii U backups. I'm installing coldboot Haxchi as a must, but as far as I know I will be limited to Loadiine backups then, if I'm correct? If so how will I be launching Loadiine or HBL? And will my FAT32 HDD work for both vWii and Wii U backups? I've heard vWii and Gamecube games can be injected into Wii VC games with Gamepad control, but will I need to buy a seperate VC game for each game I inject?

Last edited by bananapi761,

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I've touched Wii U mods were back when HBL and Loadiine could only be loaded from the web browser, and before Haxchi and Mocha. I used to use an SD to load Wii U backups, but I'd like to move to a USB HDD. I've heard there is a method of installing games directly to the menu but you can't use the drive for anything else, but most importantly I want to be able to use the HDD with a vWii USB loader as well as for Wii U backups. I'm installing coldboot Haxchi as a must, but as far as I know I will be limited to Loadiine backups then, if I'm correct? If so how will I be launching Loadiine or HBL? And will my FAT32 HDD work for both vWii and Wii U backups? I've heard vWii and Gamecube games can be injected into Wii VC games with Gamepad control, but will I need to buy a seperate VC game for each game I inject?
No. First off Coldboot is not a must. 2nd, there is no VWii USB Loader for Wii U backups. 3. Haxchi gives you sig patches which allows you to install pirated or not legit titles onto Wii U USB or SSD with the WUP Installer homebrew. You do not need to buy a seperate VC game for everytitle, just use the injector on this site.

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. First off Coldboot is not a must. 2nd, there is no VWii USB Loader for Wii U backups. 3. Haxchi gives you sig patches which allows you to install pirated or not legit titles onto Wii U USB or SSD with the WUP Installer homebrew. You do not need to buy a seperate VC game for everytitle, just use the injector on this site.
Sorry, I meant in my situation I would much prefer having coldboot haxchi, and I also meant using Wii and Wii U backups on the same HDD. So with Haxchi I am able to install Wii U games to the Wii U menu, while keeping my HDD compatible with vWii?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the wii u will try to format the entire drive, so partitioning it for use with the vwii is not possible.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can boot the hbl from the cbhc menu. also, the wii u has four usb ports, so you can use two for one hdd; two for the other. or one if it's powered.

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've decided I'll probably use 1 HDD for Wii U WUD backups and homebrew forwarders, and another for vWii. Will each mode detect each drive? Also can Wii VC games be 'generated' for injection, so I won't have to buy Wii VC games for each injection?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use ustealth; otherwise, the system will try to format the second drive. ustealth will hide it, but remember to disable it when you connect it to your computer again. yes, you can inject wii games using a script. :)

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided I'll probably use 1 HDD for Wii U WUD backups and homebrew forwarders, and another for vWii. Will each mode detect each drive? Also can Wii VC games be 'generated' for injection, so I won't have to buy Wii VC games for each injection?
Yes the Wii VC will be generated differently each time so they don’t mess with others. Its better than having two drives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Herow!