Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

eah727

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I doing wrong? I have all my nes roms in a folder on my sd. When I try to load content it just freezes for a long time (like over a minute) then sometimes it will finally show the files. What can I do to speed this up. It is very annoying.

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I'm not really happy with it, and it's basically a built-in forwarder, but the rpx isn't on your SD card, and isn't a "real" channel, because the Retroarch build system doesn't create rpx files that can be used as stand alone yet.

Even if you created all the files needed to make a channel, when you exited the app, it would crash. The only way to install as a channel is by using the one I have provided. And yes, it can be deleted just like other things you install.
@brienj I just tried out the forwarder, though it seems to automatically load the FCEUmm core. Seemingly not allowing me to choose anything else. Any insight?

EDIT: Sorry for double post. Though someone else would have posted by now.
EDIT2: I suppose it was just due it being an older core. 1.4.1 solved the issue. 1.5.0 does not even boot seemingly

Last edited by Nigleet,

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I spilt up the folders into about 1---150 roms each and it loads quick. Why would it not load when there was over 700 roms in the folder?
Like I mentioned, perhaps it's the read speed on your SD. A faster SD will likely do the trick. I can load up any of my folders instantly. SNES folder has nearly 1000, though has no hesitation to open.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nestopia, quicknes is trash unless your device using it is a potato

Seconded

Snes - Snes9x
NES - Nestopia
GBA - mGBA

And so on, VBA, Snes9x 2010/2005, QuickNES should be avoided as they have very low accuracy and the Wii U can do much better than what those cores offer.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nestopia, quicknes is trash unless your device using it is a potato
Good thanks.

Another quick question:
Is there any way to play games like Duck Hunt?

By the way I remember another game where you had to shoot bandits but avoid hostages. Does anyone know what this game is called?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's still people that use ZSNES on PC

That's why giving options is a nice thing. You get even more people happy.

Zsnes is the IE6 of Snes emulators (It can't even play Earthworm Jim 2 with sound effects, they're missing :lol: ), people can simply remove the cores from the core directory to clean it up a bit, that's what I did, so I don't accidentally use a core I didn't want to use :P

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, PS2 not even in a million years, the PS1 is still a possibility but not coming anytime soon, in all honestly, I don't think it will ever happen.

Okay, thank you for responding me, is the GameCube emulated ? (I think it is, i thought I've saw it on their website.)

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, it's a virtual machine, not emulated; Nintendont is the name, 100% compatibility.
My bad, thanks !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, PS2 not even in a million years, the PS1 is still a possibility but not coming anytime soon, in all honestly, I don't think it will ever happen.
I've saw this file on the cores folder : mednafen_psx_libretro.rpx, is it a VM ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...