Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

eah727

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I doing wrong? I have all my nes roms in a folder on my sd. When I try to load content it just freezes for a long time (like over a minute) then sometimes it will finally show the files. What can I do to speed this up. It is very annoying.

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I'm not really happy with it, and it's basically a built-in forwarder, but the rpx isn't on your SD card, and isn't a "real" channel, because the Retroarch build system doesn't create rpx files that can be used as stand alone yet.

Even if you created all the files needed to make a channel, when you exited the app, it would crash. The only way to install as a channel is by using the one I have provided. And yes, it can be deleted just like other things you install.
@brienj I just tried out the forwarder, though it seems to automatically load the FCEUmm core. Seemingly not allowing me to choose anything else. Any insight?

EDIT: Sorry for double post. Though someone else would have posted by now.
EDIT2: I suppose it was just due it being an older core. 1.4.1 solved the issue. 1.5.0 does not even boot seemingly

Last edited by Nigleet,

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I spilt up the folders into about 1---150 roms each and it loads quick. Why would it not load when there was over 700 roms in the folder?
Like I mentioned, perhaps it's the read speed on your SD. A faster SD will likely do the trick. I can load up any of my folders instantly. SNES folder has nearly 1000, though has no hesitation to open.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nestopia, quicknes is trash unless your device using it is a potato

Seconded

Snes - Snes9x
NES - Nestopia
GBA - mGBA

And so on, VBA, Snes9x 2010/2005, QuickNES should be avoided as they have very low accuracy and the Wii U can do much better than what those cores offer.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nestopia, quicknes is trash unless your device using it is a potato
Good thanks.

Another quick question:
Is there any way to play games like Duck Hunt?

By the way I remember another game where you had to shoot bandits but avoid hostages. Does anyone know what this game is called?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's still people that use ZSNES on PC

That's why giving options is a nice thing. You get even more people happy.

Zsnes is the IE6 of Snes emulators (It can't even play Earthworm Jim 2 with sound effects, they're missing :lol: ), people can simply remove the cores from the core directory to clean it up a bit, that's what I did, so I don't accidentally use a core I didn't want to use :P

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, PS2 not even in a million years, the PS1 is still a possibility but not coming anytime soon, in all honestly, I don't think it will ever happen.

Okay, thank you for responding me, is the GameCube emulated ? (I think it is, i thought I've saw it on their website.)

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, it's a virtual machine, not emulated; Nintendont is the name, 100% compatibility.
My bad, thanks !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, PS2 not even in a million years, the PS1 is still a possibility but not coming anytime soon, in all honestly, I don't think it will ever happen.
I've saw this file on the cores folder : mednafen_psx_libretro.rpx, is it a VM ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0