Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when trying to use save states my console freezes. Is this normal? If this a feature that doesn't currently work should we expect updates to implement it?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So when trying to use save states my console freezes. Is this normal? If this a feature that doesn't currently work should we expect updates to implement it?
Save states have always worked perfectly for me so to help we need more information what retroarch emus are you have this issue with what version of retroarch are you using ect the more info you give the easier it is for us to help you.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save states have always worked perfectly for me so to help we need more information what retroarch emus are you have this issue with what version of retroarch are you using ect the more info you give the easier it is for us to help you.

Oh well that's good to know. All I did was download some emulators for NES SNES and GBA from the Home Brew App Store and put some roms in a folder on the sd card. I can't check the versions right now but I think there was only one GBA emulator there, the SNES one was 2010, and NES was FCEU??? The games played fine but all 3 froze the console when I tried to make a save state. I will look up the info when I am in front of my console next time.

Loooks like I am running
mGBA Version: 1.3.6 rbc8b3eb
SNES 9x 2010 Version: 1.3.6 rbc8b3eb
FCEUmm Version: 1.3.6 rbc8b3eb

Am I supposed to download cores or some other supporting files?

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is anybody able to open any other homebrew programs after closing Retroarch? I can't seem to do so. It just returns me to the homebrew channel.
This is exactly the same problem I have!
I posted this before but nobody replied to that. Would be great if there's a way or fix this because it's annoying having to restart the console or going to the systems settings and back after using Retroarch.

D

Deleted User

Oh well that's good to know. All I did was download some emulators for NES SNES and GBA from the Home Brew App Store and put some roms in a folder on the sd card. I can't check the versions right now but I think there was only one GBA emulator there, the SNES one was 2010, and NES was FCEU??? The games played fine but all 3 froze the console when I tried to make a save state. I will look up the info when I am in front of my console next time.

Loooks like I am running
mGBA Version: 1.3.6 rbc8b3eb
SNES 9x 2010 Version: 1.3.6 rbc8b3eb
FCEUmm Version: 1.3.6 rbc8b3eb

Am I supposed to download cores or some other supporting files?
Create 'retroarch' folder in SDCard://retroarch and folder inside it named 'roms'.
Should fix your issue

Reactions: blaisedinsd

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have been able to use the NES core, PC Engine (even CD), GBA, but for the life of me I cannot use the SNES or Genesis cores, everytime I load a game, it takes me back to the Homebrew launcher.

I have tried the stable version of Retroarch and the latest Nightlies, no success. I am banging my head on a brick. Using Mocha CFW by the way (can't use Haxchi, my console is banned from Eshop Fugging WiiU seller screw me over).

Anybody having the same issue? Thank you all and cheers guys!

Last edited by nashismo,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been able to use the NES core, PC Engine (even CD), GBA, but for the life of me I cannot use the SNES or Genesis cores, everytime I do, it takes me back to the Homebrew launcher.

I have tried the stable version of Retroarch and the latest Nightlies, no success. I am banging my head on a brick. Using Mocha CFW by the way (can't use Haxchi, my console is banned from Eshop Fugging WiiU seller screw me over).

Download them from the homebrew App Store they've all been tested as working
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebrew-app-store-for-wiiu.433275/

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news ^_^ A bounty has been started to port Mednafen PSX over to the Wii U side of RetroArch. I decided to speak with money, or with an incentive, to get things rolling. Twinaphex and I have been talking and it had a somewhat bumpy start (as I didn't know how to add it to bountysource at first :lol: ) but the goal is to reach $125 or so to help the developers reach this awesome goal of full speed PSX. What this will do ultimately, is allow the floodgates to open for other possible cores such as PPSSPP, Reicast and so on.

https://www.bountysource.com/issues...ec-core-for-wii-u-port-of-beetle-mednafen-psx

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anything about MSX cores? Like adding keyboard and dsk files support? It would be wonderfull if BlueMSX for vWii were ported to Wii U. Has anyone contacted the authors if this could be done?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great news ^_^ A bounty has been started to port Mednafen PSX over to the Wii U side of RetroArch. I decided to speak with money, or with an incentive, to get things rolling. Twinaphex and I have been talking and it had a somewhat bumpy start (as I didn't know how to add it to bountysource at first :lol: ) but the goal is to reach $125 or so to help the developers reach this awesome goal of full speed PSX. What this will do ultimately, is allow the floodgates to open for other possible cores such as PPSSPP, Reicast and so on.

https://www.bountysource.com/issues...ec-core-for-wii-u-port-of-beetle-mednafen-psx
Just one slight clarification, it's not a "port" per se, as we already have a Mednafen PSX core for the Wii U, but rather the Dynarec for the core itself so that it works better on PPC hardware.
So the bounty is for the Dynarec of Mednafen PSX for PPC hardware :)
I'll try to donate by the start of May, I am really looking forward to this!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one slight clarification, it's not a "port" per se, as we already have a Mednafen PSX core for the Wii U, but rather the Dynarec for the core itself so that it works better on PPC hardware.

Well, you know what I mean, the Wii U version of RA, Twinaphex has already changed the title plenty of times, I don't want to bother him about it XD

RJLonewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day everyone. I am having a problem and haven't seen any real solution for it here or anywhere else on the good ol' net. I had originally put the retroarch build 2017-04-21 (non-rpx) on my wii u. I tried it and it worked as far as I could play the games (so far only tried NES and SNES. However, when I went to the quick menu and selected cheats and selected Load Cheat File, it would not display any of the .cht files. I first had all .cht files in folders by system (\NES\CHEATS). I tried moving them closer to and even in the retroarch folders. I then downloaded the official libretro database master .cht files. I still could not see them when the cores were running on the wii u; and yes, I tried both having the .cht file named exactly the same as the rom and even different. Today, I removed the entire retroarch and put the 1.4.1 build as I saw people here say it was "more stable". I still cannot see any .cht files. Suggestions? Did something happen to make this function disabled? As far as I know, I should just have a .cht file matching the rom name and place it somewhere I can tell the core to look and load it and have the cheats in it come up to select on/off. It almost seems like the cheat engine is looking for a file other than .cht.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have been able to use the NES core, PC Engine (even CD), GBA, but for the life of me I cannot use the SNES or Genesis cores, everytime I load a game, it takes me back to the Homebrew launcher.

I haven't had this issue yet using the wii u versions. I found that some roms aren't extracted just perfect and some emulators can use them and some can't. Have you tried different builds of the cores, like an earlier version?

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I think it's better you create a new thread to explain that the project need money because nobody knows it and i'm sure the community want this emulator.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
where is the n64 core port so i can donate? xD
I would for one love to see N64 before PSX, but we have to take into consideration that the Mednafen PSX core already is "working" in PPC, however it works in plain interpreter mode, so the dynarec for it would be somewhat easier to work with since they already have the Interpreter working.

For Mupen64, that's a different story.
AFAIK there is no current build of it for PPC architecture, and so, it would require a port from scratch of the entire emulator itself, and that would be interpreter to begin with, they would still need to tackle dynarec after that.

So yeah, PSX would seem like the best and most possible core to get a dynarec working for PPC.

I think it's better you create a new thread to explain that the project need money because nobody knows it and i'm sure the community want this emulator.

If that's wanted, I could create a new thread, but seeing how most of the people interested in emulation for the Wii U are found in this one, seems like this is the way to go.
But if the interest is there, I could gladly create one exclusive for the bounty program for RetroArch.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I would for one love to see N64 before PSX, but we have to take into consideration that the Mednafen PSX core already is "working" in PPC, however it works in plain interpreter mode, so the dynarec for it would be somewhat easier to work with since they already have the Interpreter working.

For Mupen64, that's a different story.
AFAIK there is no current build of it for PPC architecture, and so, it would require a port from scratch of the entire emulator itself, and that would be interpreter to begin with, they would still need to tackle dynarec after that.

So yeah, PSX would seem like the best and most possible core to get a dynarec working for PPC.
tbh i dont care for psx at all :P i got a ps2,ps3 and psp and all can play ps1 games on tv or on the go so for me i would never use it on wiiu tbh xD.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create 'retroarch' folder in SDCard://retroarch and folder inside it named 'roms'.
Should fix your issue

Thanks! This did fix my issue. Is there some place that should of told me to do that that I missed? If its necessary maybe it should be in the first post.

I tried downloading retroarch for my mac to test roms but I didn't know where to get the cores for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.