Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, then what do you suggest we do? Just sit on our thumbs and expect things to improve on RA?

Not misuse other project pages in order to get attention.

If you genuinely want to help retroarch pickup a coding book instead of 1) complaining on here. If someone is motivated to do it, they will. No need to remind everyone what you want every week or so. 2) make 'goals' for money on websites that they are not meant for.

Edit:
the_randomizer said:
@twinaphex Fine, you know what? Maybe I should fucking close this already; the Wii U port of RA is dead anyhow. Aliaspider has no interest or intention of writing dynarec, there hasn't been a new improvement in 1.4.1 over 1.5.0 for the Wii U side, what is the bloody point?

Wow. Please stop this. If you think this is helping it is not, it is just drama. You have to understand that your post was very unreasonable when it comes to the bounties posted on the site. 'Goals' are not a thing there, and you definitely should not get angry at twinaphex for your misunderstanding of the site's purpose.

Edit 2: And a second edit because of another post 12 minutes after the one above.
the_randomizer said:
I wouldn't have made any difference anyway, they've moved on from the Wii U homebrew scene, no one's gonna write a PPC dynarec core. And by the time someone learns PPC, they'd have moved on to the Switch.

Are you okay? If you are actually this concerned for the state of PPC emulation, go learn it. Do it. Seriously, with the time you spend almost bi-daily complaining on this thread (which apparently you have felt the need to spread to other forums) you could be doing great things. Look at this as an opportunity to learn, not to "just sit on your thumb".

Last edited by MrKatanaObiWan,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Jesus, guys. This is what you do when a member of the community actually does something constructive? What makes you think he'll start programming or stop complaining when this is how he's treated? Like it or not, a dynarec is not an entry-level project, requiring pretty thorough PowerPC knowledge which doesn't come easy. I can count the Wii U devs who are even close to that amount of knowledge on one hand. Someone tries to motivate those devs, and you do this?

Meta stuff aside, I quite like the bounty idea. By nature, a dynarec wouldn't need much Wii U-specific knowledge; so something like this could butter up some Wii or GC dev into giving it a shot. It certainly raises the chances of someone taking the project seriously.

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, guys. This is what you do when a member of the community actually does something constructive? What makes you think he'll start programming or stop complaining when this is how he's treated? Like it or not, a dynarec is not an entry-level project, requiring pretty thorough PowerPC knowledge which doesn't come easy. I can count the Wii U devs who are even close to that amount of knowledge on one hand. Someone tries to motivate those devs, and you do this?

Meta stuff aside, I quite like the bounty idea. By nature, a dynarec wouldn't need much Wii U-specific knowledge; so something like this could butter up some Wii or GC dev into giving it a shot. It certainly raises the chances of someone taking the project seriously.

Everyone agrees that a bounty is a fine idea. No one is questioning that at all. Don't make us look bad when he is attacking the main contributer to retroarch overall. He set a bounty for 125$ he had no intentions of paying, that's the only thing we said he did was wrong.

Him backpedelling on that bounty, cussing out a retroarch dev, and then sulking about wiiu development overall all in the same 15$ backing page is what just made us look terrible in the eyes of prospective devs.

Just contribute if you want to see something happen. That's where we should end this. No 'goals', no drama, just code or pay for code to happen.

Last edited by MrKatanaObiWan,

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Randomizer is the same guy that single handedly got the WII64 guy to stop wanting to develop anymore of it, by stalking and going on his Bi Polar rages. He also said he was going to learn coding a long time ago when Marcan said show interest in Homebrew other than Emulators and Backup Loaders.....and a few days later turned to shit posting about him too. Just what he does. He feels if he talks about it enough someone will do it..........and if that plan doesn't work, he will call your work fake u less u send it out as proof. Or call you names in hopes of u doing it to prove him wrong. He's a millennial kid whos parents were scared to punish him. Prob still lives with em.

That being said.....I would enjoy those emulators, but I can play them on enough other things to not really be upset about them not coming to the WiiU. Eps since it's like 3 games on N64 I can't play on WiiU and meh, doesn't bother me. And PSX I'd only want Symphony of the night, but I can play that on my pc, or on Xbox so Im fine.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
So there's this neat thing about Bountysource - you can add to bounties after they've been posted. Now that the page is up and running, I've added another $15. I'm hoping we can get past any drama and band together to move toward full PSX emulation! If everyone here chucked in a few bucks, we'd quickly have a huge bounty that would spur on development for sure. Bountysource is set up for crowdfunding, so it shouldn't be hard for us to get something happening here.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Randomizer is the same guy that single handedly got the WII64 guy to stop wanting to develop anymore of it, by stalking and going on his Bi Polar rages. He also said he was going to learn coding a long time ago when Marcan said show interest in Homebrew other than Emulators and Backup Loaders.....and a few days later turned to shit posting about him too. Just what he does. He feels if he talks about it enough someone will do it..........and if that plan doesn't work, he will call your work fake u less u send it out as proof. Or call you names in hopes of u doing it to prove him wrong.

So dude has been basically sabotaging every single interesting project. How the fuck is he still posting here?

That said, patience is a virtue. Sooner or layer someone will pick the project, or someone knowledgeable enough will appear with a PPC Dynarec. Meanwhile just enjoy what we already have, jesus christ.

Reactions: niuus

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would for one love to see N64 before PSX
+ 1k!

I love the N64 games library and injection sucks while there's only a hand full of PS1 games I'd like to have.
However both systems would be absolutely fantastic to run on the Wii U!
I will donate next month as well. :)

By the way: There's no 3D game working in RetroArch for Wii U yet, right?
Some are saying that PSX runs but just slowly (but I can't get it even to launch a game although it runs on PC's RetroArch with the same core).
For example I'd love to play Road Rash, but the SEGA Saturn version.

(Oh I just figured out there was a Road Rash 3-D for PSX so that's another reason to support it. :P)
Interesting video:

Is there any channels or forwarders to launch this? Is launching from the Home Brew Launcher the only method?
Look at the FAQ section:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/lordelans-retroarch-guide-clean-games-collection-faq.468193/

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: blaisedinsd

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+ 1k!

I love the N64 games library and injection sucks while there's only a hand full of PS1 games I'd like to have.
However both systems would be absolutely fantastic to run on the Wii U!
I will donate next month as well. :)

By the way: There's no 3D game working in RetroArch for Wii U yet, right?
Some are saying that PSX runs but just slowly (but I can't get it even to launch a game although it runs on PC's RetroArch with the same core).
For example I'd love to play Road Rash, but the SEGA Saturn version.

(Oh I just figured out there was a Road Rash 3-D for PSX so that's another reason to support it. :P)
Interesting video:
If you had actually ever played Road rash 3d you would not be excited about playing it on a psx wiiu emu. It was not made by the same team that made the 3 Megadrive road rash games. Road rash 3d is considered by many as one of the worst games of all time it took away everything that made the other road rash games fun like no multiplayer very little emphasis on using weapons very poor track design and it also features some of the worst video acting ever in a game lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Rash_3D?wprov=sfla1

Last edited by AmandaRose,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you had actually ever played Road rash 3d you would not be excited about playing it on a psx wiiu emu. It was not made by the same team that made the 3 Megadrive road rash games. Road rash 3d is considered by many as one of the worst games of all time it took away everything that made the other road rash games fun like no multiplayer very little emphasis on using weapons very poor track design and it also features some of the worst video acting ever in a game lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Rash_3D?wprov=sfla1
Thanks for clearing that up.
Guess I'll stick to the SEGA games then.
Only ever played the Windows version to be honest. :P

Edit: Never heard of the 3DO system by the way but now that I have I'm sad that it's core (named 4DO as it seems) is not available on Wii U. :P

Last edited by lordelan,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good idea to make things advance for the psx dynarec. If you want to contribute then go for it, if not then no one's forcing you. There are many great games to explore from PSX era that I 'skipped' (FF9, chrono cross...)
Maybe I will donate some 5$ later, and probably more if things advance.

Btw, can we please know who's the team behind this project? who are the real developers working on it? Thanks.

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good idea to make things advance for the psx dynarec. If you want to contribute then go for it, if not then no one's forcing you. There are many great games to explore from PSX era that I 'skipped' (FF9, chrono cross...)
Maybe I will donate some 5$ later, and probably more if things advance.

Btw, can we please know who's the team behind this project? who are the real developers working on it? Thanks.
There is no team behind it nobody is working on it they are hoping the $ 125 will attract a dev to get involved but that is not going to happen. No homebrew dev is interested as it will take a minimum of 6 months work to get it to run. Who in their right mind is going to give up 6 months of there time for something on a system that has a very small user base and who in their right mind is going to give up six months of their life for the ridiculous amount of $125

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
There is no team behind it nobody is working on it they are hoping the $ 125 will attract a dev to get involved but that is not going to happen. No homebrew dev is interested as it will take a minimum of 6 months work to get it to run. Who in their right mind is going to give up 6 months of there time for something on a system that has a very small user base and who in their right mind is going to give up six months of their life for the ridiculous amount of $125
You'll note that $125 is no longer mentioned on the page; this is about crowd funding as much as we can to get someone interested. As an aside, I've been working on the Wii U since around March/April 2016, and to date I've received $29.42. I've sunk a fair bit more than that into the scene; weren't you the one saying it's not about the money?

Interesting to see how randomizer gets yelled at and then posts like this show up when the ball gets rolling and people start showing support for something they care about.

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome, , Reason: a $29

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll note that $125 is no longer mentioned on the page; this is about crowd funding as much as we can to get someone interested. As an aside, I've been working on the Wii U since around March/April 2016, and to date I've received $29.42. I've sunk a fair bit more than that into the scene; weren't you the one saying it's not about the money?

Interesting to see how randomizer gets yelled at and then posts like this show up when the ball gets rolling and people start showing support for something they care about.
Homebrew from the very start back when it was called bedroom programming has always been about developing something for the challenge and for the love of creating it has never and should never be about money. Yes a few devs are more motivated by money (and that goes against the whole principle of homebrew) but is a dev who is motivated by money going to be motivated to give up 6 months of their life for a terribly low amount of money?? No they are not. Also let's not forget the fact that the wiiu scene only has about 5 or 6 devs who could actually create a working dynarec (Yes you are one lol) and none of them have shown any interest in making it. It's just not going to happen so the bounty is pointless. Had the wiiu been a huge success then it would have been totally different we would have had way more devs on board who could have worked together to make this possible but we don't sadly.

On a side note I have no problem with a dev creating something then people donating money to them where I do have a problem is with devs who do fuck all until a bounty is offered then get involved that is just plain wrong and goes against the whole principles of homebrew development.

Now I will shut up and stop ranting about this I have been part of the homebrew scene since the 80s and it just annoys me to see money has now become a motivating factor for some lol.

Good luck to those who do donate to the dynarec fund I hope you get what you want but I just don't see it happening lol

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all these emulators only support the gamepad controller as far as I can tell. I couldn't get it to work with my pro controller. Is there any way to get other controllers working? How am I supposed to play multiplayer games?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So all these emulators only support the gamepad controller as far as I can tell. I couldn't get it to work with my pro controller. Is there any way to get other controllers working? How am I supposed to play multiplayer games?
It has worked with all wiiu and Wii Controllers for a number of months are you sure you don't have an older version of retroarch if so you need to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1