Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

from_hell_with_love

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Only the retroarch core seems to fail from what i tested. Starting with any other core seems to work fine.
Tried the latest stable as well as the latest nightly both share the same issue for me.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Loading the main Retroarch.RPX I had it too a couple days ago (still do actually)
Need more people to confirm there is an issue though..
I remember this was an issue way back with 1.6.0 and onwards, I've been using FCEUMM core, renaming it to retroarch.rpx and then launching that one as the main core.

I haven't tested the main standalone retroarch.rpx in a long time.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember this was an issue way back with 1.6.0 and onwards, I've been using FCEUMM core, renaming it to retroarch.rpx and then launching that one as the main core.

yes but that produced dsi errors, now it a full black screen.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Main RA app works just fine now on 1.6.4.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Couple of questions.

Does black frame insertion work?

If it does, does it work on 120hz TV's? I heard this is only do able on computer monitors.
My Samsung has a black frame insertion built in called "LED Clear Motion."
This is not very usable since it adds lots of input lag. Im wondering if retroarch does a better job with little lag.

And how do I switch background colors?

Im using the latest stable 1.6.7 and its not very stable. It doesn't even boot up through homebrew launcher.
All I get is a black screen. It only boots up through the retroarch channel cucholix posted.

Ampera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a new issue with RetroArch on Homebrew Launcher Channel v2.1 with Haxchi, System Menu 5.5.2 and RetroArch version 1.64.

The program boots up normally through either the main program, or by individually launching one of the cores. When launching the main program, it crashes whenever I try to choose a core, not only booting me out to the homebrew menu, but permanently unmounting the SD card until I reset the Wii U. If I pick an individual core (I tried this with the Genesis one) it allows me to load and play one game, but if I try to pick another, or reset the game in any way, it either crashes to black, or boots me out to the homebrew launcher and unmounts the SD card.

I have not tried alternate versions of RetroArch, however.

Turn7Boom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bionic Commando is working now in mame2000 \o/ (though graphics are a little messed up, like the screen was shrunk and it missed some vertical lines), had tested several sets for it on FBA and mame2003 and always gave me errors.

@Turn7Boom yes, you need Sega CD bios on sd:/retroarch/cores/system remember set the same path on Directories (although that's the default one)

Got my sega cd to work as well! :) Thanks for your tips. I had to rename the bios like ploggy said, and in order to have cd music, in the cue-file I had to replace all mentions of WAVE with BINARY et presto! There is some slowdown especially when there is a lot going on on screen, not sure if that was on the original console as well, or because it has to read from CD Card, but doesn't matter! I am having fun with Sonic CD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where do I put games in fact ?
I decide the directory and tell RetroArch ?
I'd like to play SNES games.

Thx

You put them anywhere you want on the SD Card. I made a folder called /roms/ and put my games in subfolders inside it.

Reactions: OuahOuah

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where do I put games in fact ?
I decide the directory and tell RetroArch ?
I'd like to play SNES games.

Thx
Officially it's the "downloads" folder so if you put them in SD:\roms\ as most of us did, just edit the directory of "downloads" to "sd:/roms" so you can navigate to them quickly using the "load content" menu entry in RetroArch.

Reactions: OuahOuah

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like the pc engine supergrafx beetle sgx emulator is broke. Downloaded the latest version and any rom I try to load only loads to a black screen previous versions have worked perfectly fine and I know my roms are fine because they still work on the PCE Fast emulator.

Anyway on a side note which is the recommended one to use out of the two emus anyway (that's if they both are working lol) and what's the recommended Nes emu to use out of the three we have??

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it works beautifully now. Now we only need a core able to run 32X games and the pre-3D Sega Family will be complete.

Given that Mega CD/Sega CD is one of my "Machine i wasn't able to get as a kid" i'm abso-fucking-lutely thankful here. Now, on to play Lunar and Ecco :)

Attachments

• DHg1-B2WsAAp-JZ.jpg
    DHg1-B2WsAAp-JZ.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 209

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the pc engine supergrafx beetle sgx emulator is broke. Downloaded the latest version and any rom I try to load only loads to a black screen previous versions have worked perfectly fine and I know my roms are fine because they still work on the PCE Fast emulator.

Anyway on a side note which is the recommended one to use out of the two emus anyway (that's if they both are working lol) and what's the recommended Nes emu to use out of the three we have??
Yea the supergrafix core is broke on the latest nightly i noticed that too. I think the best NES core is nestopia i could be wrong though other users might know a little more than me.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: