Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

cirojr82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't know if any of you did this before but if you grab the filters folders that includes the 3ds download and put them in the wiiu sd card, they got to work. I just tried some filters out.

Really?! And does it work nice, without freezes and slow downs?!

Gonna try it later, filters are the main thing that I wish for. It's great to play without filters in the gamepad but I don't like the image on a TV42".

Reactions: bonoboy

bonoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really?! And does it work nice, without freezes and slow downs?!

Gonna try it later, filters are the main thing that I wish for. It's great to play without filters in the gamepad but I don't like the image on a TV42".

Just one filter gave me frame rate drop, can't recall thr name anyways, the rest of them work very well

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
The things you are mentioning are never going to happen. Period. It is at the bottom of the barrel for implementations, and since this hasn't been done on even any other console/platform is just won't here.

Search up OpenEmu if you want a great emulator with amazing gui I'm sure your kids will love. It's actually gorgeous, does every major emulator, is open source, and is completely free. It's got lot's of filters and native controller mapping too. Looks something like this I love it, and you'll never look to another emulator again. (not to mention it's 100% drag and drop roms, all the artwork and metadata is pulled automatically for you)
intro-gb-grid.png

Pretty it is.

RA has far better synchronization, a lot of work has been done to reduce input lag. It also has A LOT MORE FEATURES, and is supported on far more platforms than just the latest OSX.
As much as people like slinging mud our way we have tried hard to implement every wacky request that people asked (which has been bad too and we've been trimming some obtuse "features").

Also I'm working on this:

(no ETA tho)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another donation just came in for the bounty we've placed on a PSX dynarec! By working together, we've tripled the original bounty! Awesome stuff, guys! :yayu:

Let's keep those donations coming! We're making great progress.
It's all very well in getting a load of donations in but has any dev actually expressed any interest in doing it yet?? Also if no dev is interested do donators get their money back ect like in six months time and nothing has been made will refunds be given then or is it a year or two years and so on there is a total lack of guidance on these maters. Not that it bothers me as I have previously stated my dislike of bounty programs lol just trying to clear up points for those who may donate in the future.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's all very well in getting a load of donations in but has any dev actually expressed any interest in doing it yet?? Also if no dev is interested do donators get their money back ect like in six months time and nothing has been made will refunds be given then or is it a year or two years and so on there is a total lack of guidance on these maters. Not that it bothers me as I have previously stated my dislike of bounty programs lol just trying to clear up points for those who may donate in the future.
At this point there hasn't been an expression of interest, but I'm confident that given time and a bounty one will appear. I mentioned before that making a PowerPC dynarec requires minimal Wii U-specific knowledge, so any sufficiently skilled Wii or GameCube dev should be able to work on this. This gives a pretty damn big contingent of potential developers, and it's really about being noticed and garnering attention at the moment. It's only a matter of time.

As for the specifics of how Bountysource works, you'll have to sort that out with them - I'm not sure. Their refund policy doesn't matter anyway, since the money (fingers crossed) will be going to a developer.

Once we get a little more in the kitty I'll start trying to spread the word to potential devs, and I recommend anyone with connections to Wii, GameCube or retro Mac developers do the same.

D

Deleted User

Some famicom roms fail to load, oh well.
Otherwise everything works just fine. Even MD games!

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if it is 6 months I am (we are?) fine with that. Developing stuff for consoles is a long process (remember userland exploit back in 2015 ? kernel hack?). In the world of homebrew we should be patient.

I bought a Switch but it's not appealing (yet), so I still stick to my old beloved Wii U!

D

Deleted User

Odd. What games are they though? Snes9x 1.54 on RetroArch version 1.4.1? If you're using 1.5.0, there's no need as it has no advantage over 1.4.1.
1.54. Sailor Moon or something [JAP] just black screens and doesn't load. I can still go back and load other games.
I'm not going to find it again since it's one game of the many other games from rompack.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.54. Sailor Moon or something [JAP] just black screens and doesn't load. I can still go back and load other games.
I'm not going to find it again since it's one game of the many other games from rompack.

But what version of RetroArch are you using? 1.4.1 or the broken 1.5.0? Sounds like a bad ROM dump to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4