Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol did you not read the last few pages it's not going to happen for a long time if at all.
I was the one who said that.. xD I don't even know if the RetroArch Team is making use of the Wii U e.e I gave it to them so I can asure they will do something not just to sit around a corner collecting dust.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has worked with all wiiu and Wii Controllers for a number of months are you sure you don't have an older version of retroarch if so you need to update.

I downloaded from the Homebrew App store. Do you have to configure controllers in the menu somewhere? My pro controller was connected and I couldn't do anything with it. It doesn't work on the homebrew launcher either, that seems to be touchscreen only. Looked through the menus and didn't find anything obvious.

I found this info in another thread thanks to google

Setting -> input -> Input User X Binds - User X Device Index
Be default gamepad is player one and other controllers are player 2 3 4 and 5

So I guess my pro controller was defaulting to player 2. I will have to play with input setting to figure out how to make it player 1.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I downloaded from the Homebrew App store. Do you have to configure controllers in the menu somewhere? My pro controller was connected and I couldn't do anything with it. It doesn't work on the homebrew launcher either, that seems to be touchscreen only. Looked through the menus and didn't find anything obvious.
You need to change some settings I just can't remember which as not at home to check.

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2017-4-28_18-11-25.png

It would be great if it were to actually show up in the bounty page so people other than us could find it...

n3IVI0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea when the Content Scanning is going to be implemented? The emulators are working beautifully, but the GUI is not very user friendly. I have kids, so it needs to be easy to use. Something with cover art would be handy.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea when the Content Scanning is going to be implemented? The emulators are working beautifully, but the GUI is not very user friendly. I have kids, so it needs to be easy to use. Something with cover art would be handy.
Nobody here is affiliated with the retroarch team so no one will know. It's best to just appreciate what the wii u already has and don't expect anymore. It works great can play most retro games so it's good enough for me.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Check my RetroArch guide in the Tutorial section here.
Requires a bit of your time to make it at least a bit sweeter for your kids.

Reactions: the_randomizer

GSBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check my RetroArch guide in the Tutorial section here.
Requires a bit of your time to make it at least a bit sweeter for your kids.

This seems to clean up the titles, but it's nowhere near as sleek as something like Hyperspin or Launchbox. The Wii U gamepad is a theoretical dream for my emulation needs (and something I hope to share with my kids), but the frontend is awful. Retroarch is awesome, but I'd rather have individual channels if it meant freeing up memory for front-end aesthetics. I'm not even talking videos and customizable pause menus; even box art and backgrounds could be enough. I remember my fleet of emulators on the original Xbox, and they had better style than what we have now on the Wii U. It's a slick little machine, it deserves a slick UI.

I'd personally love to challenge myself to install every emulated game to the Wii U main menu via injects, but that seems to be a silly affair because of the arbitrary 300 title limit.

Sorry to rant. The people who support Retroarch are awesome. It just has so much cool potential. Could Loadiine potentially be used to launch Retroarch games + core directly, similar to WiiFlow for the Wii?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hopefully things will get better. If a lot of people start to support WiiU Retroarch (financially, or at least by coding/sharing stuff) I'm sure things will progress faster.
Thanks for all people who are making this possible.

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems to clean up the titles, but it's nowhere near as sleek as something like Hyperspin or Launchbox. The Wii U gamepad is a theoretical dream for my emulation needs (and something I hope to share with my kids), but the frontend is awful. Retroarch is awesome, but I'd rather have individual channels if it meant freeing up memory for front-end aesthetics. I'm not even talking videos and customizable pause menus; even box art and backgrounds could be enough. I remember my fleet of emulators on the original Xbox, and they had better style than what we have now on the Wii U. It's a slick little machine, it deserves a slick UI.

I'd personally love to challenge myself to install every emulated game to the Wii U main menu via injects, but that seems to be a silly affair because of the arbitrary 300 title limit.

Sorry to rant. The people who support Retroarch are awesome. It just has so much cool potential. Could Loadiine potentially be used to launch Retroarch games + core directly, similar to WiiFlow for the Wii?

The things you are mentioning are never going to happen. Period. It is at the bottom of the barrel for implementations, and since this hasn't been done on even any other console/platform is just won't here.

Search up OpenEmu if you want a great emulator with amazing gui I'm sure your kids will love. It's actually gorgeous, does every major emulator, is open source, and is completely free. It's got lot's of filters and native controller mapping too. Looks something like this I love it, and you'll never look to another emulator again. (not to mention it's 100% drag and drop roms, all the artwork and metadata is pulled automatically for you)
intro-gb-grid.png

Last edited by MrKatanaObiWan,
Reactions: lordelan

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The things you are mentioning are never going to happen. Period. It is at the bottom of the barrel for implementations, and since this hasn't been done on even any other console/platform is just won't here.

Search up OpenEmu if you want a great emulator with amazing gui I'm sure your kids will love. It's actually gorgeous, does every major emulator, is open source, and is completely free. It's got lot's of filters and native controller mapping too. Looks something like this I love it, and you'll never look to another emulator again. (not to mention it's 100% drag and drop roms, all the artwork and metadata is pulled automatically for you)
intro-gb-grid.png

It's a bit of a shame that OpenEmu is Mac OS exclusive, there's no true Windows equivalent, I'm afraid.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes MacOs only. I've noticed Mac developers are usually more about art style and creating more polished products, even in the home-brew scene. Here is the link for anyone interested: http://openemu.org

I forgot that EmulationStation is a good front-end alternative for Windows users :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup