Homebrew Retroarch Unofficial/extra Cores

zerofalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@zerofalcon you forgot Nestopia with VC pallete, i'm pretty sure many people will like it

Yes i'm in the process of recompile latest commit version and proceed to build for 1.0.2 and 1.3.0 frontend.

@zerofalcon just found something funny. Game & Watch using 1.0.2 frontend, the Mario Bros. game works, and using the 1.2.2. it crashed.

That's weird, are you using the most recent G&W 1.3.0?

it is possible a psx core ?

In fact there is a psx core, but it's pretty slow, I'm sure I still have the binary, I'll upload it if you want to try.

@zerofalcon could recompile 1.3 to enable UStealth?

Replacing by this libfat library
http://www.mediafire.com/?9d1ffxo16kc1gmq

UStealth hides HDD from Wii U OS to avoid getting the format messages upon boot.
More info:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-wii-u-format-disk-nag-workaround.352786/page-12#post-4988611

I know it's big stretch, I've tried contact devs by RA forums, and github, but without luck.

I'll take a look a it, if it's done by only replacing the libfat.a file it'll be nice to have it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@zerofalcon mate, i have two final requests (i promise :shy:): 1.0.2 frontent versions of the Nestopia core with VC palette (reposted in the post above) and the @templar701 's MAME 2003 core (linked in this post)

I have a ready to build nestopia core up to date with the virtual console mod palette, regarding the Templar701 build I hope he can share his mame078_libretro_wii.a to recompile it for 1.0.2, Oh I see he added his tiny.mak file.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@zerofalcon im using the versions you posted in this topic. I never knewed that exist a game e watch core before this topic

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

330 X 410 for Vectrex.
I also use a Mega Drive controller overlay for now, as i haven't found a vectrex overlay yet and the md controller worked with that console anyways.

Anyway, good job for posting that nestopia core here, we should gather all of @zerofalcon custom cores here.

I'll also repost from the MAME core thread:

@zerofalcon mate, i have two final requests (i promise :shy:): 1.0.2 frontent versions of the Nestopia core with VC palette (reposted in the post above) and the @templar701 's MAME 2003 core (linked in this post)

Zerofalcon posted one more mame that can run wwf, robocop2 and another cool data east platsform game (i forgot the name :v)

Last edited by soniccomcisbr,

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Zerofalcon posted one more mame that can run wwf, robocop2 and another cool data east pkatsformed game (i forgrt the name :v)

Well that's only 4 roms. Anyway, the 3 extra drivers for those could be added to the @templar701 's MAME 0.7.8. build for RA 1.2.2 from post #19 which works with the MAME 0.78 roms listed in post #104.
That one is ~6MB so it could be expanded by adding more drivers. So you'd get one MAME2003 core that covers many games.

Also, i finally managed to get 1.3 running for testing purposes.
Lynx core AND MSX core DO work, you just need to put the correct bios files in the /retroarch/system folder.
Lynx core also requires core restart between successive game loadings.
Both cores' performance is very good in game.

I'll try the PC-FX core later as well.

I attach them for people to test them. They are 1.2.2/1.3. They could use a 1.0.2 "downport".

Attachments

• fmsx_libretro_wii.zip
    680.6 KB · Views: 256
  • mednafen_lynx_libretro_wii.zip
    694.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited by nakata6790,

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well that's only 4 roms. Anyway, the 3 extra drivers for those could be added to the @templar701 's MAME 0.7.8. build for RA 1.2.2 from post #19 which works with the MAME 0.78 roms listed in post #104.
That one is ~6MB so it could be expanded by adding more drivers. So you'd get one MAME2003 core that covers many games.

Lynx core AND MSX core DO work, you just need to put the correct bios files in the /retroarch/system folder.

I attach them for people to test them. They are 1.2.2/1.3. They could use a 1.0.2 "downport".

I will test them later. Can you tell me exactly the name of the msx and lynx bios that i need?
About Mame, i will tell that i'm become confused with so many cores. Right now i am using 3 different cores

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
lynxboot.img is for Lynx, pcfx.rom is for PC-FX and all else is for MSX. Put those in /retroarch/system

MSX.PNG

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If someone who knows how to do it, please downport fmsx core to 1.0.2.:rolleyes:

zerofalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lynxboot.img is for Lynx, pcfx.rom is for PC-FX and all else is for MSX. Put those in /retroarch/system

View attachment 32230

Hi Nakata, how did you managed to make work fmsx? I tested the core you provided but it only triggers a black screen or a dsi code dump, I put the correct bios in the system folder. Are you loading it from usb or sd? file extension of roms .rom or .mx1 or .mx2? thanks in advanced

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi Nakata, how did you managed to make work fmsx? I tested the core you provided but it only triggers a black screen or a dsi code dump, I put the correct bios in the system folder. Are you loading it from usb or sd? file extension of roms .rom or .mx1 or .mx2? thanks in advanced

Hi man.

I made a mistake in the post above.
I wanted to upload the BlueMSX core, not the fmsx one. I attach the bluemsx to this post.

MSX was a bitch to get working (as all computers).
I had to follow the instructions here:
http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1932

I also got the bios file collection, the /Machines and the /Databases folders from the standalone BlueMSX Wii release: http://www.wiimsx.com and i put all of these in the /retroarch/system folder.

Thing is, first time i booted a MSX .dsk file it worked, now i get thrown back to HBC menu.

I then added to retroarch-core-options.cfg the lines:
bluemsx_msxtype = "MSX2+"
bluemsx_vdp_synctype = "Auto"
bluemsx_ym2413_enable = "enabled"
but i now again get thrown back to the HBC?... So infuriating :/
Standalone Blue MSX works like a dream with same roms, same BIOS files and system files. I don't get it what changed.

P.S. I also randomly checked the 1.3 version of Gambatte and saw that it had some new and useful core options, like machine type (GB/GBA, useful for games like Shantae) and many different color palettes (internal/auto) compared to the 1.0.2's single auto-coloring one.

Finally, the PC-FX core loads, but whenever i load a game (Chip Chan Kick) i see bottom left corner says "resolution set to 640X480" and after that i get nothing.

Seems the PCFX and MSX cores are wonky.

Attachments

• bluemsx_libretro_wii.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 287
Last edited by nakata6790,

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Lynx core requires restart between games, like the MAME cores or the DOOM(prboom) one. Performance wise it is great, yes and a sure candidate for 1.0.2 downport.

Draguna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone here know how to improve sync with the classic controller ? for I am trying to play the streeth fighter alpha 3 and just can not , for there to run the special

zerofalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks but it not detect my games on retroarch 1.3 nightlie

Mednafen psx is very picky with the bios, now I know which are needed, copy these bios into retroarch/system folder:
SCPH5500.bin
SCPH5501.bin
SCPH5502.bin

Load the games by selecting the .cue file and wait till the game starts. This core is absolutely slow but it's a nice proof of concept btw.

Reactions: nakata6790

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice. just tried the psx core, although it has no practical use, it was a cool experiment.
Nice image quality too.

Any news on the other requested cores [Nestopia with VC palette, Lynx and gambatte 1.2.22->1.0.2 (it has many more palettes to choose from for GB monochrome games) and templar701's MAME2003]?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1