Homebrew RetroArch Switch

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this gibberish in history too when i was on 1.7.5 and using nsp (wich was unsupported offcially)..and as far as i remember somebody told me it was because of the outdated nro/nsp..so i did a clean install of 1.7.6 and stopped using nsp (not forwarder) and everything has been working perfectly. And not long ago i made an nsp forwarder to RA nro and not a singe problem so far. Latest Atmo, 6.2

Bro I've been trying to tell his ass but he likes to "mix and match" everything. A few files from this build, a core from that build, some other files from this other build. SMH :wacko:

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Here we go with the "mix and match" bullshit again! :glare:

likjasdfilajsdf.jpg

That's just after I opened retroarch, I haven't even loaded anything yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And lol I just stick with the build that works and add cores as they're released or updated

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You should at the very least update the retroarch_switch.nro regularly, that is regularly updated.

And cores are frequently updated in line with the libretro upstream.

Reactions: FanboyKilla

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just after I opened retroarch, I haven't even loaded anything yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And lol I just stick with the build that works and add cores as they're released or updated

"I just do what I think works and then complain endlessly when it doesn't work instead of listening to the developer."

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
You should at the very least update the retroarch_switch.nro regularly, that is regularly updated.

And cores are frequently updated in line with the libretro upstream.

No. If you want the benefits of an updated retroarch_switch.nro, you always have to replace all cores together with retroarch_switch.nro. Cores are always updated together with retroarch_switch.nro on the Switch.

As I said, each core contains the full fronted Retroarch code. It contains the full same code as retroarch_switch.nro (with a different core statically linked).

If you only update retroarch_switch.nro all the new changes are immediately gone as soon as you load a different core than the default one. Loading a core is the same as loading a whole new retroarch_switch.nro. Cores are not like plugins on the Switch. They are separate complete standalone apps.

Edit: Verified by @m4xw.

Last edited by rsn8887,

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm trying to figure out how to get Pokemon Snap working. Anyone got it working?? I can't move the camera at all and Pokemon are not recognized on the pictures. The red dot isn't working as well (red dot in camera which lights up once a Pokemon is focused in the middle of the camera).
I'm using RetroArch 1.7.6 and Mupen64-Next with the GlideN 3.0 loaded through atmosphere via title replacement.

Thanks for any advice!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yo i actually fixed that last night on my stream but it is still slow! Will post settings later

so the options that fix the shadow cause slowdown again? because the game otherwise worked pretty fluidly for me outside of some sound hickups in the menu.

as for dosbox, you guys think we'll ever be able to use the joycon gyro for the mouse? that'd be cool.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
That’s why it is so important that we get the dynarec cores onto the buildbot so they are automatically updated as soon as main retroarch_switch.nro changes. Otherwise they are always “frozen” in time at the last manual build time. They won’t have the latest frontend changes in them unless they are on the buildbot.

But the dynarec code needed to build them hasn’t been included in the official libnx package, part of devkitpro. I have no clue why the delay honestly... other “critical” patches have been applied to libnx package even after the release of the latest official version.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
History doesn't worry me, like I said if I load a game it fixes itself, and how else am I ment to use a new patreon core if it isn't in the nightly yet?
First of all, you have access to the Patreon. Secondly, your EVERYTHING is outdated. You're still repping a version that hasn't incremented to 1.7.6. You've been instructed by the whole team multiple times that you need to grab the lastest package and you just keep talking around that idea.

If you are having your playlists or history not displaying properly, update your full RA package.

Reactions: FanboyKilla
D

Deleted User

so the options that fix the shadow cause slowdown again? because the game otherwise worked pretty fluidly for me outside of some sound hickups in the menu.

as for dosbox, you guys think we'll ever be able to use the joycon gyro for the mouse? that'd be cool.

I show my pilotwings 64 settings and results here at 24 minute mark

Def playable but for nostalgia not quite there for me. Thank you m4xw though because i continue to see it improve but i too remember a fairly fast speed with the minor distortions now slow but no distortion not sure what other settings to try...

D

Deleted User

I'm trying to figure out how to get Pokemon Snap working. Anyone got it working?? I can't move the camera at all and Pokemon are not recognized on the pictures. The red dot isn't working as well (red dot in camera which lights up once a Pokemon is focused in the middle of the camera).
I'm using RetroArch 1.7.6 and Mupen64-Next with the GlideN 3.0 loaded through atmosphere via title replacement.

Thanks for any advice!
i show pokemon snap at 29:40 in vid

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, tried the same Settings but I still have the same issues… I'm using the german Rom, perhaps that's the issue?? I'll try the US Version tomorrow to make sure.
I have the same problem as you, already tried the regular US, aswell as the kiosk version a shown in the video without any luck.
i show pokemon snap at 29:40 in vid
May I ask where exactly you got your build from? The Git hash in the lower bottom reads d8f36d1

I tried multiple publicly released builds and none of them is dated to this version. I can't even find it on Github.

D

Deleted User

I have the same problem as you, already tried the regular US, aswell as the kiosk version a shown in the video without any luck.

May I ask where exactly you got your build from? The Git hash in the lower bottom reads d8f36d1

I tried multiple publicly released builds and none of them is dated to this version. I can't even find it on Github.

patreon build

dixeflatline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running Atmosphère 0.8.5 on top of 7.0.1. Using the latest nightly and using the title forward for full RAM access. Now my question, is it possible to play ROMs from a USB device? I know SXOS can play the XCI games from USB but not sure is Atmos has that access. Thank you in advanced for any clarification.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am running Atmosphère 0.8.5 on top of 7.0.1. Using the latest nightly and using the title forward for full RAM access. Now my question, is it possible to play ROMs from a USB device? I know SXOS can play the XCI games from USB but not sure is Atmos has that access. Thank you in advanced for any clarification.
No not yet.

Reactions: dixeflatline

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz