Homebrew RetroArch Switch

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi. I started Zelda Minish Cap on my Switch with RetroArch using the mGBA core and then I switched to using VBA Next. When I wanted to transfer my savegame to my PC, the only recognized savegame was the one I started on mGBA. What should I do to ensure that the VBA Next savegame is the one recognized?
Probably one is *.sav and the other *.srm
Just take the one you want and rename it.

Kamanberu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably one is *.sav and the other *.srm
Just take the one you want and rename it.
I only have one, in /retroarch/cores/savefiles, and it's a .srm file. I don't know how it's possible but I've checked and when I save it's this file that's updated. I hope I'm wrong haha

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any way to upscale PS1 graphics ? I tried to browse the core options but didn't see anything that seemed to do this. Thanks !

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Is the core for DS already stable enough for Pokemon White (melonds I think it's called)? I tried, not only lag a LOT in the opening but crashes before I get to start game. I saw a video of someone on youtube showing it working (but not which configs), but so far my experience is this of crash :-(

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the core for DS already stable enough for Pokemon White (melonds I think it's called)? I tried, not only lag a LOT in the opening but crashes before I get to start game. I saw a video of someone on youtube showing it working (but not which configs), but so far my experience is this of crash :-(
The standalone MelonDS nro is supposed to run better than the Retroarch core.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/melonds-for-switch-continuation.570021/
Enable JIT in the settings, and overclock if you need to.

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you overclocking?
At least when opening the game, I couldn't see the overclock option, nor before inside retroarch.
Should I use the option from tesla menu instead?
The standalone MelonDS nro is supposed to run better than the Retroarch core.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/melonds-for-switch-continuation.570021/
Enable JIT in the settings, and overclock if you need to.
Ty. Yes, JIT is checked. Yesterday I did not crash and managed to get in-game, but dear god, it was stop-motion level I barely could finish the first two battles in your room vs two friends haha.

I'll check the overclock and the standalone out, thank you :D

Parakarry

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! I unlocked my Nintendo Switch V1 yesterday mainly to platinum retro games on Retroachievements in handheld mode. I installed RetroArch and everything is fine. But games are flickering and dropping to 59.93 fps, 59.91. It's not 60 fps + the same as it is on my PC. What can it be? And they are not PAL games. Is there any setting to make it run better? If anyone can help, thanks =)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello! I unlocked my Nintendo Switch V1 yesterday mainly to platinum retro games on Retroachievements in handheld mode. I installed RetroArch and everything is fine. But games are flickering and dropping to 59.93 fps, 59.91. It's not 60 fps + the same as it is on my PC. What can it be? And they are not PAL games. Is there any setting to make it run better? If anyone can help, thanks =)
Did you try overclocking?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no. how does this work?
Press PLUS and MINUS to get into the RetroArch quick menu, there should be the overclocking menu entry. If it's not, maybe press B once to get to the main menu and it might be there. If still outta luck it has to be somewhere in settings.

pedrosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does anyone know how to get rid of the micro stutters? Performance is normally fine, with 2d games having silky smooth scrolling most of the time, but every 10 seconds or so RA suddenly stutters for 1 or 2 seconds. I've checked everything that can cause video stutter (threaded video set to off, Vsync set to on, Frame delay set to 0) but for the life of me I can't seem to fix the stuttering.

It's not a big deal or anything, but it's severe enough to be annoying.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying to get 3DO games to work on retroarch, but all I get is a black screen (it doesn't crash). I tried copying the bios files to others folders, toggling some core options, to no avail. Does anyone have a solution please ?

EDIT : Just in case anyone has the same issue in the future, I redownloaded the 3DO bios files from another source and this time it worked. The files linked on the officiel retroarch page didn't work for me.

I also placed the new bios file in two folders since I saw someone mention this on another site, don't know which one is the right folder but I'm mentioning it just in case : I put it in the system folder and also in cores/system.

Last edited by Ligeia,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided today I wanted to play some spiderman arcade final burn neo core. The game runs slow unless I over clock . I did do a quick search and apparently this game just runs slow on certain cores. Is there an option I’m not seeing to make this game run smoothly without over clocking. I believe final burn neo is the only core with netplay on switch. There is a possibility I guess final burn alpha could netplay but the game doesn’t load on that core and apparently that core has no new updates for who knows how long.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just overclock? Most of us have been doing it since 2019
I have have overclocked at times but it just doesn’t make any sense that a 2d game needs it, especially an arcade game. I guess I have no choice, problem I just have is once someone connects to me on netplay will the game just slow down because this slow down doesn’t just seem to be a switch issue. I guess I’ll find out later when I netplay.

Deshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have have overclocked at times but it just doesn’t make any sense that a 2d game needs it, especially an arcade game. I guess I have no choice, problem I just have is once someone connects to me on netplay will the game just slow down because this slow down doesn’t just seem to be a switch issue. I guess I’ll find out later when I netplay.
In that case it is not the game itself that needs the overclocking, the switch is way more powerfull, it is the emulation process that is heavy because it can't be handled by hardware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto