Homebrew RetroArch Switch

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I'm playing MAME games sometimes the MAME menu just pops up on the screen. I can't tell what button combo is causing this. How can I stop it?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I'm playing MAME games sometimes the MAME menu just pops up on the screen. I can't tell what button combo is causing this. How can I stop it?
Might be L3+R3, which is clicking in both joysticks at once. The only other combo I remember ever coming as default back in the day was plus+minus, which seems less likely to happen accidentally during gameplay.
Edit: I may be thinking of the Retroarch menu and not MAME's own menu.

dennismoore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I’d like to know if there’s a way to use gyro controls on retroarch (horizon or lakka) for light gun (or zapper, super scope, g con, etc.) games. I’ve looked for settings or bindings for gyro controls but they are not in the settings menu (there’s just an On/Off switch for “alternative control methods” but nothing else). The only gyro controls I can successfully use are those of the mGBA core, and only on Horizon (found no way to make it work on lakka!), but these are vertically inverted. The easiest example is Kirby Tilt ‘n Rumble. If I play it on retroarch, gyro controls are inverted but work. On the standalone version of mGBA they work perfectly… Please, is there anyway of fixing this? Any ideas for gyro controls for light gun uses?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the help of dink64 and barbudreadmon , FBNeo can now use Cheats for close to all the MK Games. There are a few Issues:

mkprot4.zip (Limited Codes)
mkprot8.zip (Limited Codes)

Time has Issues:
mkprot9.zip

But otherwise, I Updated the cheat.dat for it. Place in.....

SD Card\retroarch\cores\system\fbneo\cheats\

On latest Build of RA and FBNeo

Attachments

• cheat.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be L3+R3, which is clicking in both joysticks at once. The only other combo I remember ever coming as default back in the day was plus+minus, which seems less likely to happen accidentally during gameplay.
Edit: I may be thinking of the Retroarch menu and not MAME's own menu.
That does bring it up, but I am not clicking down on both joysticks. I'm using a pro controller. I'm using the d-pad and the buttons. I thought it was maybe ZR+R but it does just seem to be popping up randomly while I'm playing. Also, I'm not sure where to look, but the options I looked at are
Quick menu>core options>system>Display MAME Menu is set to 'OFF'
Quick menu>core options>Input> Doesn't have any options that seem to be related to this.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does bring it up, but I am not clicking down on both joysticks. I'm using a pro controller. I'm using the d-pad and the buttons. I thought it was maybe ZR+R but it does just seem to be popping up randomly while I'm playing. Also, I'm not sure where to look, but the options I looked at are
Quick menu>core options>system>Display MAME Menu is set to 'OFF'
Quick menu>core options>Input> Doesn't have any options that seem to be related to this.
its L3 button for Menu when you press it while you use left stick while you play so dont press it just move in different directions lol or you can edit it in hot key in MAME core

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its L3 button for Menu when you press it while you use left stick while you play so dont press it just move in different directions lol or you can edit it in hot key in MAME core
I'm not pressing L3 at all. Anyway, I think I found the fix. Going into Quick menu>core options>Input> and setting 'X-Y Device' to 'off' instead of 'mouse'. This is on the MAME 2003 Plus core.

Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not pressing L3 at all. Anyway, I think I found the fix. Going into Quick menu>core options>Input> and setting 'X-Y Device' to 'off' instead of 'mouse'. This is on the MAME 2003 Plus core.
what you think is best then go with your flow and let us know how it goes.

Kamanberu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I started Zelda Minish Cap on my Switch with RetroArch using the mGBA core and then I switched to using VBA Next. When I wanted to transfer my savegame to my PC, the only recognized savegame was the one I started on mGBA. What should I do to ensure that the VBA Next savegame is the one recognized?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste