Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd like to know if someone here can tell me about a possible full savestate function of pcsx-rearmed.
I mean like other cores savestates, such vba; in other words, an instant save/load features.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to know if someone here can tell me about a possible full savestate function of pcsx-rearmed.
I mean like other cores savestates, such vba; in other words, an instant save/load features.

Ive used save state 0 and 1 using pcsx and vba no problem if thats what your asking.
vba works ok as a normal save too but psx I think does not .

This is on the full retroarch version.

vab also works better than mgba now.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ive used save state 0 and 1 using pcsx and vba no problem if thats what your asking.
vba works ok as a normal save too but psx I think does not .

This is on the full retroarch version.

vab also works better than mgba now.
No, not about the working, but how works.
As you know, the game continue and lag when you hit savestate button in pcsx, and require many seconds, even to load. In vba, for example, is instant (less than one second) to save and load.
For avoid waiting or put game in pause during save/loading in pcsx, i use an old nightly, that stop the game when save/load and take about 3 sec. for saving/loading and many times the app crashes.
I would to know if, with improvements, we can have an instant save/load state in pcsx and w/o crashes or vita cant handle this features smoothly with psx.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you know, the game continue and lag when you hit savestate button in pcsx, and require many seconds, even to load. In vba, for example, is instant (less than one second) to save and load.
For avoid waiting or put game in pause during save/loading in pcsx, i use an old nightly, that stop the game when save/load and take about 3 sec. for saving/loading and many times the app crashes.
I would to know if, with improvements, we can have an instant save/load state in pcsx and w/o crashes or vita cant handle this features smoothly with psx.

u may want to talk with Ezio about this. he's the one who handles the retroarch builds for the sony systems I believe. I know he does either the ps3 and the vita or one or the other - can't remember which. regardless, if he can't help, he'll know whom to contact.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
u may want to talk with Ezio about this. he's the one who handles the retroarch builds for the sony systems I believe. I know he does either the ps3 and the vita or one or the other - can't remember which. regardless, if he can't help, he'll know whom to contact.
he is on this forum?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he is on this forum?

I don't know. he's been on psx-place forums though. he's not there often, but he's the lead dev for the aforementioned systems either one or both. I'm not entirely sure which one or if he's responsible for both. u might also try the libretro forums. that's the main forum for retroarch. the devs will surely be there for support.

Last edited by godreborn,

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country

I have a 20th Dec full retroarch and it does not crash when saving state. It runs the game whilst saving.
When loading it's pretty fast considering.

I was on a separate old cores before but this version seems OK. PSX no stutter on Ridge racer :) etc. and I'm pretty fussy.

Last edited by Kerbangman,

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just tried to do it, and unless I did something wrong(config pasted below), it looks like oclockvita does not work with RetroArch, just get black screen. Good thought, though.

# titleid for your game (this one is for Root//Letter for example)
*RETROVITA
ux0:tai/oclockvita.suprx

Edit: It seems oclockvita isn't going to play nice with homebrew, only official software. Tried applying it to MGBA and it just hangs on the start up screen. Now you know.

Last edited by ma16v3,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How DO you set up Oclock, anyway? Is there a thread for that, because I'm lost. Say you had a cart version of Borderlands 2... would it work with Oclock, and if so, what's the code you'd need to make it work?

D

Deleted User

Maybe to try to get more performance out of some of the slower or less consistent cores(GBA, SNES on some games, etc.). To be honest, not sure if this would help, but that is my guess.
Well, I just tried to do it, and unless I did something wrong(config pasted below), it looks like oclockvita does not work with RetroArch, just get black screen. Good thought, though.

# titleid for your game (this one is for Root//Letter for example)
*RETROVITA
ux0:tai/oclockvita.suprx

Edit: It seems oclockvita isn't going to play nice with homebrew, only official software. Tried applying it to MGBA and it just hangs on the start up screen. Now you know.

Retroarch is already running at max speed. We have the source code unlike the code of commercial games so we don't need a plugin to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya