Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Qwertyqwerty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds like you're hitting up against the second issue with these cores that I mentioned. Ever since support was added for games to be loaded automatically on startup, these cores haven't worked standalone because they try to run a non-existent game. aliaspider is working on this, but in the meantime the recommendation is to run them via shortcuts instead, specifying a (correct) ROM for the core to run instead of the erroneous one it's receiving currently.

I described the process for getting this working in the second half of the post where I replied to you, after the edit.

Thanks you. I cant edit correctly the xml.

I want to add this:

<shortcut>
<executable>/3ds/mame2000_libretro/mame2000_libretro.3dsx</executable>
<icon>/3ds/mame2000_libretro/mame2000_libretro.smdh</icon>
<arg>/ROMS/ROMS mame/snowbros.zip</arg>
</shortcut>

But it result in a corrupt xml or something. Can you make the xml for me, please?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
But it result in a corrupt xml or something. Can you make the xml for me, please?
Sure thing, I've attached the snowbros.xml shortcut to this post. You should be able to just drop this onto your card in the following location: SDMC:/3ds/snowbros.xml

Keep in mind this shortcut will look identical to the MAME 2000 core itself, because it's sharing the same smdh file.

Attachments

• snowbros.zip
    585 bytes · Views: 231

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can I convert savefiles (or states) from catsfc to quicksnes?
Quicksnes is based off an older version of snes9x (I think). Somewhere close to the version catsfc runs on there was a pretty radical overhaul of savestate/file handling, so unless someone's had a bash at releasing a converter tool (highly doubtful, especially since you're going BACK revisions with quicksnes) the answer will be no.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quicksnes is based off an older version of snes9x (I think). Somewhere close to the version catsfc runs on there was a pretty radical overhaul of savestate/file handling, so unless someone's had a bash at releasing a converter tool (highly doubtful, especially since you're going BACK revisions with quicksnes) the answer will be no.
Don't you mean PocketSNES?

Reactions: SLiV3R

alevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Question: if I use the .3ds version with Gateway on EmuNAND with the latest firmware, will I get good speeds? Or I will get .3dsx emulation speeds?

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the recent builds I have been getting a black screen/unresponsive screen anytime I go into sleepmode. Anyone else having this problem?

~Rainbow Mika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
estieniuniers.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I thought the neo geo pocket core could run at least at a decent speed on o3DS
dem 20fps lol.
Oh well, can I play Cotton fantastic night dreams on the PCE core? I think i have the syscard.pce on the correct folder so I can try it (I remember that Rondo of Blood didnt work when i tested it).

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I thought the neo geo pocket core could run at least at a decent speed on o3DS
dem 20fps lol.
Oh well, can I play Cotton fantastic night dreams on the PCE core? I think i have the syscard.pce on the correct folder so I can try it (I remember that Rondo of Blood didnt work when i tested it).

You can play cotton on the snes!

I can't get pce cd to boot :(

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Dracula X: Rondo of Blood just fine the other day on 2015-11-29 nightly. Did you put the syscard3.pce file in retroarch/cores/system?

Doopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to do a 2x nearest neighbour upscale before bilinearly scaling down to fit the 3DS screen? I found there is a libretro shader called sharp-bilinear which does just this, but I assume shaders only work on other platforms.

I'm using Gambatte and finding that with integer scaling enabled the image is a bit too small, and with integer off + bilinear on it's a bit too blurry. Enabling a Scale2x filter + bilinear is almost ideal, giving a much sharper scaled image, but it also alters the image too much. Unless I've overlooked another method, am I right in thinking there would need to be a nearestneighbour2x filter to do what I want?

Qwertyqwerty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure thing, I've attached the snowbros.xml shortcut to this post. You should be able to just drop this onto your card in the following location: SDMC:/3ds/snowbros.xml

Keep in mind this shortcut will look identical to the MAME 2000 core itself, because it's sharing the same smdh file.

Thanks, but i dont had luck with Snowbros or Tumble Pop. :(

Do you know some mame rom that works?

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Why does retroarch keep doing as if it's running a game when I boot any core?

I see the framerate and number of frames on the lower screen and can't do diddly squat on the upper one. Using .cia on N3ds. Is it the whole shortcut thing not working? If so, where do I put the xml file so it will run a game that does exist?

VIDEO HERE: https://vid.me/e/AjKg?muted=1&amp;stats=1&amp;tools=1

Last edited by NEO117,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does retroarch keep doing as if it's running a game when I boot any core?

I see the framerate and number of frames on the lower screen and can't do diddly squat on the upper one. Using .cia on N3ds. Is it the whole shortcut thing not working? If so, where do I put the xml file so it will run a game that does exist?

VIDEO HERE: https://vid.me/e/AjKg?muted=1&amp;stats=1&amp;tools=1
Same here. Been doing that for a while.
Gateway 9.2FW, 9.2GW using the LATEST Gateway Build/Release N3DS .cia Install.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get any of the PGM games to run? I've managed to get 3: DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou, Ketsui Kizuna Jikogu Tachi, and ESP Gal. All the rest don't even try to boot. I was wondering if anyone else had better luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo