Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded and installed 1.8.9, CIA version, but it isn’t working. I turn it on, and it says “can’t get CIA file info. I had a “retroarch“ folder leftover from an older working installation and put the appropriate folders all in there. Do I need to install individual cores, or did the necessary folder locations change at some point?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I downloaded and installed 1.8.9, CIA version, but it isn’t working. I turn it on, and it says “can’t get CIA file info. I had a “retroarch“ folder leftover from an older working installation and put the appropriate folders all in there. Do I need to install individual cores, or did the necessary folder locations change at some point?
Yep, they probably have if you're using a bery old build. Whenever I update I always delete all folders and backup my saves. Even old config files could break it.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be working now. Spent some time playing a few NES and PSX games. The only thing now is that it takes so long to actually start a game. I remember reading a while ago on this thread that somebody sped the loading process by removing all of the cores that they weren't going to use. Did that actually work, and should I do the same? I mean, at the very least, I'm never going to be using the Citra emulator on this thing anytime soon.

Larsenic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It seems to be working now. Spent some time playing a few NES and PSX games. The only thing now is that it takes so long to actually start a game. I remember reading a while ago on this thread that somebody sped the loading process by removing all of the cores that they weren't going to use. Did that actually work, and should I do the same? I mean, at the very least, I'm never going to be using the Citra emulator on this thing anytime soon.

Yes, I did this and can confirm it works

TheBeverage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You using a N2DSXL? Their crappy speakers that cause the console body to resonate are infamous. Though it doesn't rule out other models having problems.
I’m using a New 3DS XL. The speaker quality certainly isn’t anything special, but it’s only using SNES emulation that I run into the issue. Not with NES or PSX games I’ve tried, and not with regular 3DS games. I can’t imagine it’s a hardware flaw if it’s affected only by one emulator.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to set the psx retro to automatically point to the bios file I use instead of using none that it thinks is in there? I got a SCPH1001.BIN loaded but it dont seem to find it.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to set the psx retro to automatically point to the bios file I use instead of using none that it thinks is in there? I got a SCPH1001.BIN loaded but it dont seem to find it.
Just put the bios properly named in your system directory. Also lookup what the recommended bios is on the PCSX rearmed wiki

Dash_Ravishing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed that on most recent builds, support for the ZX Spectrum has been broken.
Any chance we're going to see Jet Set Willy on the 3DS any time soon?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't confuse me for a dev, I have yet to even compile anything for 3DS. Although tweaking open_agb_firm is starting to get tempting!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a mirror of the latest stable or nightly or willing to upload their install (sans roms of course) since the whole GitHub got wiped out by hackers? The 3DSX or CIA would be needed too.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The buildbot (and hence all builds) are down due to the servers being hacked a few days ago.
GitHub was hacked too, but thankfully the repos are now restored.
The builds will take longer to be online, so right now the best option is to try locating the builds on Wayback Machine on the Archive org site.

More info:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-retroarch-servers-and-repositories-have-been-hacked.572049/

Not all of their links work, but the stable RetroArch_cia.7z and RetroArch_3dsx.7z found on that page are downloadable (or at least I'm able to download them). Contents in those archives state they were last modified on '2020-08-11 18:38', which is after their official 09 Aug 2020 press release for v1.9.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo