Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's the same for Mega CD, all info should be in the pdf that came as part of the download.

AntonioJosedeSou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.whisperedwords.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, it's working now, I missed the bios. What is the process for Genesis GX core, I need bios too, becuase it doesn't work right now.

Yes, you need the Sega CD/Mega CD bios for the 3 regions in the system folder.
They should be renamed as follow:

eu_mcd1_9210 --> bios_CD_E.bin
us_scd1_9210 --> bios_CD_U.bin
jp_mcd1_9111 --> bios_CD_J.bin

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby Super Star (snes9x) is nonfunctional in 0.9.8.4

Contra (J) Madhacker translation also doesn't load with nestopia, but for some reason it does with fceu.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby Super Star (snes9x) is nonfunctional in 0.9.8.4

Contra (J) Madhacker translation also doesn't load with nestopia, but for some reason it does with fceu.

Switch back to 0.9.8.3 for now as it works fine on that version, but I'd be careful around here, the developers will likely get upset at bug reports...I mean will hear you out. Yeah, that's it. I probably went to far when I brought up Kirby's Dreamland 3 and using speed hacks though.

groose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, here it is.

FBA Wii Core Compatibility List (Parents Only).

Two or three things:

- Keep in mind I worked alone on this, some stuff may have slipped under my radar (1152 games is A LOT of games)
- Human readable game titles will be added later on this week.
- Testing was done with latest WIP build of FBA Core compiled from GIT (NOT the one packaged in the OP)

Still looking for help to refine the info on there. Testing of clones won't happen without any help (1917 games left).

catuligbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Alright, here it is.

Two or three things:

- Keep in mind I worked alone on this, some stuff may have slipped under my radar (1152 games is A LOT of games)
- Testing was done with latest WIP build of FBA Core compiled from GIT (NOT the one packaged in the OP)

Still looking for help to refine the info on there. Testing of clones won't happen without any help (1917 games left).

Thanks for your work, i have separated my roms same yours (machine categories: CPS1-CPS2-CPS3-DATA EAST-KONAMI-MISC-NEOGEO-PGM-PSYKYO-SEGA-SETA-TAITO-TECHNOS-ETC) since 0.97

Good Luck with titanic work, Impressive your dedication to this :yayps3::yaywii:

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, here it is.

Two or three things:

Amazing. Thanks for a compatibility list thats so well done. This should really help the RA team track down any bugs for games that work well on RA Wii. I hope they check it out since the fields listed are concise and accurate. Great work once again Groose!

helyblackstorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, here it is.

Two or three things:

Thanks for the excellent list:wub: . It will be of great help to us...:yayps3:

Once again, thank you:yay:

Gunnprophet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This might be a stupid question, but i've looked around and cant find anything about it. I am having trouble with the controller settings with the wiimote. I am using just the wiimote and everything seems fine but the D-pad. I would like to play with it on its side like a classic nes controller, but the settings dont seem to change / save when I set them, the D pad remains as though the wiimote is facing up, ie up is actually up. Also every time I exit retroarch, all of my settings reset, such as the display ratio. Am I just forgetting something simple, doing something wrong, or is this an actual bug? Thanks

groose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New version of the list with "human readable" game titles is up. Same link as before.

Turns out the titles themselves sometimes contain valuable information on the state of emulation in FBA (no sound, imperfect gfx, undumped ROM etc...). So please make sure you check before reporting bugs. It may be that emulation is not complete upstream (in the original FBA) and there's nothing LibretroArc or ToadKing can do about it in that case.

Reactions: MassiveRican

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version of the list with "human readable" game titles is up. Same link as before.

Turns out the titles themselves sometimes contain valuable information on the state of emulation in FBA (no sound, imperfect gfx, undumped ROM etc...). So please make sure you check before reporting bugs. It may be that emulation is not complete upstream (in the original FBA) and there's nothing LibretroArc or ToadKing can do about it in that case.

Props to you man, this is Fantastic work!! Love everything about the layout, such an easy read... Thanks again!!! :)

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country

Great! Having the titles and additional info regarding the state of emulation will be a great help for bug reporting.

SoulSpawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Amazing work! Thanks a lot. If we want to report a possible bug should we send a pm to you groose?

groose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@SoulSpawn no need to pm for bug reports :) Just post whatever you find and I'll gladly investigate/update the list when necessary. Please don't forget to state the version of the FBA Core you are using (it should be displayed in the bottom left of the screen) so I know we are on the same page.

Reactions: nakata6790

starwarsfan541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished reading about loading large N64 roms on the wii, could there ever be a build for emunands that could use virtual memory to laod larger roms like CPS3 games that would use the emulated nand instead of wearing out the original one?

Also great updates

Also any news on MAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!