Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius dips to 50 frames on the character selection screen. Also, can you change the menu combo for Gamecube controllers next release? It's not a big deal, but I've got a number of controllers which don't have analog sticks. Thanks and keep up the excellent work guys!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I added Famicom Disk System support to Nestopia. Disk changing is done by pressing the RetroPad Y Button.

The BIOS file should go into the system directory and it should be called disksys.rom.

If you get any problems of the sort DISK A / B ERR 07' - pressing Y button again or letting it run its course should do it.

NOTE - Famicom Disk System loading is slow, so you might be tempted to fast forward through most of it. However, I'd advise caution when doing so and to savestate regularly in case 'fast forwarding' can negatively affect disk loading.
Any chance of a pre-compiled beta?

AntonioJosedeSou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.whisperedwords.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gauntlet is broken on level 4, Gauntlet 2 turns into a garbled graphical mess very early aswell. Also no sound samples? I assume those are for the 'samples' folder. Anyways excellent work gentlemen, looking forward to when the Neo-Geo core is updated and the release of the MAME core.

There is only 5 games in FBA that use samples:

Donkey Kong (uses samples from dkong)
Donkey Kong Junior (uses samples from dkongjr)
Galaga (uses samples from galaga)
New Rally X (uses samples from rallyx)
Rally X (uses samples from rallyx)

So, must be something else. I haven't tried those games yet but if I find time I will do some testing.

s8n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just curious has anyone picked up that Simpsons Arcade has slowdown ?

also has anyone got Ketsui to run ? ...........i get an error after loading it

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius dips to 50 frames on the character selection screen. Also, can you change the menu combo for Gamecube controllers next release? It's not a big deal, but I've got a number of controllers which don't have analog sticks. Thanks and keep up the excellent work guys!

It's an SA1 game that has to emulate a 10MHz extra 65816c CPU on top of the 3.58MHz one the SNES already has (same as Super Mario RPG except that one seems to be less demanding). Severe speedhacks might be needed to get that to run at fullspeed everywhere - if it can be done.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just curious has anyone picked up that Simpsons Arcade has slowdown ?

The framerate goes out of sync every 30 seconds or so for Simpsons Konami (TMNT driver). The refresh rate of the Konami games is reported incorrectly - in fact, I don't see refresh rate being reported anywhere for those Konami games in the source.

Might look into this.

also has anyone got Ketsui to run ? ...........i get an error after loading it

Ketsui (PGM game) is too big to fit into RAM on Wii right now. It runs fine on Android/PS3/360.

Other games which are too big - all of the other Cave PGM games.

Maybe this is for the best as well - the PGM driver is very demanding - PS3/360 just *manage* to get fullspeed with most games - so Wii would probably be below that by a fair margin.

Shrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is is possible to save a per-core resolution so that it doesn't have to be manually set each time the emulator is launched?

s8n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi Libretro , thanks for the answers to my queries ..................btw i love the new Resolutions with the new release its pure sex.

Im not sure you've seen my Youtube video running your emulator , its gaining a fair bit of interest according to hits.

Maybe this is for the best as well - the PGM driver is very demanding - PS3/360 just *manage* to get fullspeed with most games - so Wii would probably be below that by a fair margin.

roger that , i was hoping for the WII to be able to handle it but its not a huge problem ill stick to PC shmupmame for this unless anything changes

sincerely thank you for the response and the team working on wiiRetroArch i appreciate it a lot

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi Libretro , thanks for the answers to my queries ..................btw i love the new Resolutions with the new release its pure sex.

Im not sure you've seen my Youtube video running your emulator , its gaining a fair bit of interest according to hits.

It's very cool of course - I'd be interested if somebody could (say) put that side to side to an arcade cabinet with a real Marvel Vs Capcom (CPS2) board and try to pick up on any lag differences - perceived or actually existing. If they are close enough, that would be quite an achievement in and of itself (and perhaps would silence some of these arcade Shoryuken-type people that think emus are automatically bad compared to the real thing performance-wise).

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK guys, a new point release coming up.

With each platform that gets added, this becomes a more and more demanding job - thank God I have some script automation now to push out these new versions.

BTW - to anyone out there - I still desperately need an IOS device for finishing up the iOS port. Apple iPad 1, iPad 2, ATV 2, as long as it isn't an iPod Touch or something then I can live with it and at least get down to development. If this is still too much to ask, well then, I guess we will just have to open up a donation page? I dunno - I really wanted to avoid doing that, but it seems sending a fullblown secondhand iOS device is too much to ask for for most people.

If some guy has a spare iPad/ATV whatever that is jailbroken, and is willing to put his money where his mouth is (ie. support the project), then do get in touch with me.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With each platform that gets added, this becomes a more and more demanding job - thank God I have some script automation now to push out these new versions.

BTW - to anyone out there - I still desperately need an IOS device for finishing up the iOS port. Apple iPad 1, iPad 2, ATV 2, as long as it isn't an iPod Touch or something then I can live with it and at least get down to development. If this is still too much to ask, well then, I guess we will just have to open up a donation page? I dunno - I really wanted to avoid doing that, but it seems sending a fullblown secondhand iOS device is too much to ask for for most people.

If some guy has a spare iPad/ATV whatever that is jailbroken, and is willing to put his money where his mouth is (ie. support the project), then do get in touch with me.

New point release huh B-)

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I vote for a donation page, i'll donate in a heartbeat!

this project deserves it! and its the only way i can contribute to this project and show my appreciation

your dedication and hardwork is awosome and inspiring. you guys are doing an amazing work!

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain

Maybe it could be possible to get it on the front page? I mean, with a new point release, it could be possible to get the update in the gbatemp portal page and also get the message of the needed device. That way more people could see it.

On another hand: kudos to you and the retroarch team. Seeing all the progress from the very first release (which was already awesome), up until now, I can only say that the knowledge of videogames and the effort put into this, really deserves respect and thankfulness.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's very cool of course - I'd be interested if somebody could (say) put that side to side to an arcade cabinet with a real Marvel Vs Capcom (CPS2) board and try to pick up on any lag differences - perceived or actually existing. If they are close enough, that would be quite an achievement in and of itself (and perhaps would silence some of these arcade Shoryuken-type people that think emus are automatically bad compared to the real thing performance-wise).
In my opinion any lag it could have would be so minimal to be unnoticeable. Playing many CPS2 games I have on RA gives me the same feeling of the real thing. I couldn't ask more! :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

T'sup man, yea I've been thinking for a while now about setting up an account to accept donations specifically for an iOS device. Unfortunately the only way I know is through PayPal and I just had a feeling that u guys weren't going to be comfortable accepting donations through a third party like myself. It doesn't make sense.

For all that trouble u might as well just setup a type of fundraiser/temporary donation where people can donate specifically towards the iOS device. We could have a goal bar and see the progress as to where we are. I think u can find an iPad 2 around $300 give or take (husslin lol). U can count on my support is all I can say. Thanks for this wonderful project.

Reactions: Disorarara

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really loving this, but as this is the go to thread for a multi-platform, multi-emulatable-platform emulator, I figure I would ask here. I'm currently using the Windows version, and I figure the hiccups I'm having with game compatibility are due to cores (GBC support doesn't support Kirby's Tilt n Tumble) but a few things I've noticed is that the smartphone editions, and some unofficial console editions of the game have support for a few platforms that are not supported in the emulator on Windows, such as Neo Geo Pocket Color and Virtual Boy. Is there any particular reason for the lack of their support in RetroArch? I'm really loving the XBR filter, and Mednafen doesn't support it, but I know some versions of the emulator use its Virtual Boy core, and I assume that means the filter is supported with it as well. It's a shame that it seems to not be supported in the RetroArch build on Windows, at least as of this time. I figure I'd ask why it's MIA, as I assume it's more of porting settings?

AntonioJosedeSou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.whisperedwords.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gauntlet is broken on level 4, Gauntlet 2 turns into a garbled graphical mess very early aswell. Also no sound samples? I assume those are for the 'samples' folder. Anyways excellent work gentlemen, looking forward to when the Neo-Geo core is updated and the release of the MAME core.

I can confirm this issues as well but they're present in the latest official release of FBA so I doubt the RetroArch team can do something about it.
You can report this issue to the official FBA team or wait till RetroArch team port Mame 0.72 to RetroArch since it has no issues with both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto