Hardware Response from Nintendo suggests GC adapter works with Wii mode

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that's that for Vwii, but what about FE Wii? Will Nintendo try to push one last wii update, or are FE Wii owners SOL?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the fuck is "FE Wii" ?
*facepalm* Really, it needs explaining? :glare: Family Edition Wii
Nintendo%20Wii%20Family%20Edition_19cz9vp_enl.jpg

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I would think that the Vwii would need an update to be compatible with the adapter, to know what it is and what to do with the signals via USB. Or does it work via dark magic?

We have acess to what provides USB access on vWii and Wii. The protocol will be reversed and implemented. The WiiU needs an update based on how it works, the Wii homebrew would not need a Wii update for it to work.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have acess to what provides USB access on vWii and Wii. The protocol will be reversed and implemented. The WiiU needs an update based on how it works, the Wii homebrew would not need a Wii update for it to work.
Not talking about homebrew, son. I'm askin if you want to use a gamecube controller in Brawl on a FE Wii, will it work?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will do my best to create a Nintendont pull for the gcn controller.

I just wanted to say, thank you for working on this. Nintendont is the only reason why the GCN adapter is on my list. Sure, I hate the idea of having to continue to play WWE '13 with a Classic Controller but as long as I can get proper GameCube play, I'm good. Hell, I even purchased two white GameCube controllers from Five Below and slapped Wii U logos on them in hopes of a Nintendont solution lol. The only question I have now is, which of the USB ports is used for power and which one is used for data, the white or black one?

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I believe it is a Family Edition Wii.
I got ninja'd:ph34r:

Oh so that's it.. :P I thought it was "Fire Emblem Wii" lol silly me.

I guess this really only works with Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U Mode but considering aside the Original NGC controllers there aren't any others with analogue triggers which is a shame.

I still have the bundle with the NGC adapter on pre-order as well as another pre-order of the game only, so I might end up receiving both and selling one of them. Haven't yet decided.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say, thank you for working on this. Nintendont is the only reason why the GCN adapter is on my list. Sure, I hate the idea of having to continue to play WWE '13 with a Classic Controller but as long as I can get proper GameCube play, I'm good. Hell, I even purchased two white GameCube controllers from Five Below and slapped Wii U logos on them in hopes of a Nintendont solution lol. The only question I have now is, which of the USB ports is used for power and which one is used for data, the white or black one?

That is yet to be seen, I will let you know ASAP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo