Gaming Resident evil Revelations coming to consoles. Is this fair?

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont mind the decision, Its a great game and in doing this they will generate alot of praise for "this" style resident evil and hopefully stop them thinking the "run and gun" style of gameplay is what people want when they buy it (like the AWFUL Resident evil 6) Which will mean a possible follow up to revelations or maybe not even a follow up at all, just another game with the same feel and great voice acting (which is something thats often overlooked)

I just think that "exclusives" shouldnt exsist, hell i could name about 10 games i want ported for PC and dear god how i would love littlebigplanet to be on 3DS and im sure alot of people who dont own nintendo consoles want smash brothers and mario kart too.

Exclusives shouldn't exist? I agree with you when its console vs console vs pc (except for genres that can't be done on consoles ie rts) however exclusivity for handhelds vs consoles or handhelds vs handhelds should exist otherwise handhelds get the shittier version due to less powerful hardware. Many people including myself don't buy handhelds because its portable but because of the exclusive games. If you think thats bad then

Release a console versions of pokemon x and y alongside 3ds version with better graphics and everything else besides 3d

How about:
fire emblem awakening
castlevania
luigi's mansion

just release console versions of these games alongside the 3ds version if exclusives are so bad. You get how ridiculous that sounds? It would basically give me no reason to buy the 3ds versions of the games besides portability which i could care less about.

In terms of handhelds vs handheld exclusives lets not be fanboys here. If exclusivity didn't exist on 3ds it would be the worse system. Vita can kick 3ds ass any day with its hardware, 3ds has nothing but half assed 3d and sometimes the dual screen advantage. In terms of actually playing games the vita would give much better experiances especially in the graphics dept. Lets not fool ourselves, the reason 3ds is selling so well is because of its games and nothing else.

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's ridiculous. They aren't betraying you by making a new version. They didn't say "If you buy the 3DS version, we promise that we won't release it for a console since it has more resources." Even if they had, why would that encourage you to buy a 3DS version? Do you just not want other people to be able to play the game?

They are betraying us, however i understand they are a business so I can't do anything about it. Read my previous post as to why i think exclusives for handhelds are needed.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Should RE:4 have stayed exclusive to the gamecube? No, because then my brother couldn't enjoy it on the PS2, and I wouldn't have been able to on the Wii and then later on the 360 again.

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should RE:4 have stayed exclusive to the gamecube? No, because then my brother couldn't enjoy it on the PS2, and I wouldn't have been able to on the Wii and then later on the 360 again.

Except the gamecube and ps2 are comparable systems. Is the 3ds hardware comparable to xbox 360 hardware?

Betrayal?

ahahaha, i'm done here.

I said in the post that I understand they are a business and I get why they are doing this but this is technically a betrayal to 3ds players who bought the game.

D

Deleted_171835

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot betraying Nintendo like that.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Resident Evil games for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel Revelations for the PS3 and 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release a console versions of pokemon x and y alongside 3ds version with better graphics and everything else besides 3d

How about:
fire emblem awakening
castlevania
luigi's mansion

just release console versions of these games alongside the 3ds version if exclusives are so bad. You get how ridiculous that sounds? It would basically give me no reason to buy the 3ds versions of the games besides portability which i could care less about.

Ok well out of the games you are referring to, all but Castlevania are 1st party Nintendo IPs. Having a handheld exclusive is fine if it is a company releasing it on their own hardware. Additionally, it isn't uncommon for 3rd party developers to release branch-off games of a franchise that are designed for consoles, and another branch for handhelds. The 3DS castlevania is apparently going to be more-inline with the metroidvania style games that graced the DS/GBA, it won't be much like the recent console entries...

The difference with Revelations is that it is a game that felt like it could have belonged as a numbered entry in the RE franchise and didn't feel like it was just a branch-off, it played ALOT like the main console entries. I recall someone from Capcom saying that it could have been RE6. Anyway, the point is that it's fine for a handheld exclusive if it plays like a handheld branch-off (Pokemon, Castlevania, Metroid). If a developer decides to mix it up, or release the game game on a handheld + home console (MGS HD Collections, Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault) then it will cause some arguements to come up.

D

Deleted-188346

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot betraying Nintendo like that.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
Not every Japanese person or company believes in those ideals. Besides, is this really an objective "betrayal"? I'm sure Capcom doesn't think of it as one.

The world is a harsh place, and a company needs money to stay afloat. Giving multiple consoles a videogame is one of the lesser villainous acts a company can perform, if you can even call it villainous.

Infact, let's look at it from the other way. Wouldn't it be shameful to deny a videogame experience to fans just because they don't own a particular system? Wouldn't it be shameful to not release every game for as many consoles as possible?

EDIT: I was trolled. I didn't read further up. lol.
I'll leave this post here anyway to preserve my honor.

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well out of the games you are referring to, all but Castlevania are 1st party Nintendo IPs. Having a handheld exclusive is fine if it is a company releasing it on their own hardware. Additionally, it isn't uncommon for 3rd party developers to release branch-off games of a franchise that are designed for consoles, and another branch for handhelds. The 3DS castlevania is apparently going to be more-inline with the metroidvania style games that graced the DS/GBA, it won't be much like the recent console entries...

The difference with Revelations is that it is a game that felt like it could have belonged as a numbered entry in the RE franchise and didn't feel like it was just a branch-off, it played ALOT like the main console entries. I recall someone from Capcom saying that it could have been RE6. Anyway, the point is that it's fine for a handheld exclusive if it plays like a handheld branch-off (Pokemon, Castlevania, Metroid). If a developer decides to mix it up, or release the game game on a handheld + home console (MGS HD Collections, Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault) then it will cause some arguements to come up.

I used those games as examples, you can replace them with any game on 3ds if u wish and it still proves my point. With your logic we should just give every release for the 3ds besides nintendo games a console counterpart cause we want more people to experience the game. What was the point of me buying a 3ds if i can just play any of these games on my gaming pc? I could have just used that $300 i spend on the xl on another graphics card or cpu upgrade. I could do without another pokemon game.

D

Deleted_171835

Puppy_Washer, I'm an expert on Japanese culture and I can assure you that a betrayal of this magnitude will not be tolerated by Japanese people.

They bought Revelations TRUSTING that it would remain exclusive. Capcom BETRAYED not only the Japanese people's trust but also Nintendo's. They brought great shame to themselves.

If Capcom does not recant this announcement, dire times for them are ahead. The Japanese people will refuse to buy any more Capcom games because of the shame that they have brought. Sales will tank and Capcom can kiss their company goodbye.

kimekaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I have over 130 hrs in revelations, I can't say I care that they are putting it out elsewhere. Hopefully they dont CapcomBungle it and ruin a great 3DS game by trying to add or microtransaction features.

D

Deleted-188346

Puppy_Washer, I'm an expert on Japanese culture and I can assure you that a betrayal of this magnitude will not be tolerated by Japanese people.

They bought Revelations TRUSTING that it would remain exclusive. Capcom BETRAYED not only the Japanese people's trust but also Nintendo's. They brought great shame to themselves.

If Capcom does not recant this announcement, dire times for them are ahead. The Japanese people will refuse to buy any more Capcom games because of the shame that they have brought. Sales will tank and Capcom can kiss their company goodbye.
Emperor Akihito and Shogun Shinzō will be gravely disappointed in Capcom also. In Japan, one does not disappoint the Emperor and Shogun. Tread lightly, Capcom, tread lightly.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown all over again.

(For those who are unfamiliar with that, it was supposed to be an exclusive for the DS, until Sony fanboys starting whining and they ported it to the PSP to shut them up.)
the actual reason was shit sales, a commercial failure in other words rather then your delusional nintendrone fantasy reason
in the end even though it had great reviews people just wernt interested in the game, the top down perspective is probably what sent this game to its doom

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you joking? Of course it's fair... no one signed a contract saying "if you buy the 3DS version, we PROMISE only you and other 3DS owners can ever play the game, and we'll never port it so OTHER people can enjoy the game, too." Seriously, why is this even a question? I for one am glad more people get to enjoy the game, and on an HD console with proper dual analogs, to boot. I'm not that far into my 3DS copy of Revelations, but I'm really liking it so far, and if I like it enough by the time I beat it, I seriously may consider grabbing a console version myself.

Reactions: gamefan5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday