Hacking [Request] YSMenu.nds with *one* byte changed (or help doing it myself)

Roboman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way ysloader mod works is when you select a nds rom to load it (over)writes a line in ysmenu.ini. Specifically the AUTO_BOOT= line. I want to use YSMenu's auto boot feature to auto boot moonshell but every time I use it it replaces my preference with the rom I just chose :(.
If someone could change just one bye from the part of the rom that specifies the path for the ini file this issue can be avoided.
I've tried changing a byte myself in a hex editor but that causes it to not load anymore.
If anyone can help me that would be very appreciated.

*edit* When I changed the byte in YSmenu the actual YSmenu.nds became unusable.
I made the appropriate changes to extlink/config.ini

Last edited by Roboman,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way ysloader mod works is when you select a nds rom to load it (over)writes a line in ysmenu.ini. Specifically the AUTO_BOOT= line. I want to use YSMenu's auto boot feature to auto boot moonshell but every time I use it it replaces my preference with the rom I just chose :(.
If someone could change just one bye from the part of the rom that specifies the path for the ini file this issue can be avoided.
I've tried changing a byte myself in a hex editor but that causes it to not load anymore.
If anyone can help me that would be very appreciated.

*edit* When I changed the byte in YSmenu the actual YSmenu.nds became unusable.
I made the appropriate changes to extlink/config.ini
You can rename almost any .nds to the (bootfilenamehere).dat and it will work fine...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-