Hacking REQUEST: Summon Night 5 Undub/Voice Patch

Blobbio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to insert the voices back into Summon Night 5? Or if they know any kind person who's working on doing so?

Also, before anyone mentions it:
1) Yes, Summon Night 5 was officially released in English on December 15th and seems to be 'out there'. Obviously not going to link it here, and I hope people go out and buy the game in spite of what I've asked for. I'm playing it via legal/official means and the localisation is VERY well done.

2) I also realise this is technically a PSP game, but that sub-forum is dead as a doornail and I would get literally 0 replies.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to reply.

Last edited by Blobbio,

Blobbio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda rude to assume no one would be interested. Lots of people are enjoying the game right now but wishing it had the voices intact.

I believe there was already an explanation how to hack PSP version.
...Not sure why you just linked the gamefaqs page. I can't find any thread about adding the voices back in. Only a couple complaining about it. Unless it got removed or something.

Blobbio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's kinda true. No-one is interested. It's not really a game which is targeted for modding much.
Replying with that kind of thing is just unnecessary. If no one is interested, I'll get no more responses and the thread will die (which is fine).

This subforum is for a console "no one cares" about anymore, does that mean it shouldn't exist? Jeez.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here's some pic I took of the filesystem using UMDgen, comparing both versions:
kScKGug.png

mUanEet.png

ax6ojFp.png

MzfdUay.png

mSfWDK4.png

dqEVTkf.png
Jap version's USRDIR has the SVXX .DAT files (from 00 to 18), while the US version only has SV18.DAT. Remaining files XX.DAT differ in size in both versions. From how things look it'd be much easier to import the english script to the japanese version with remaining graphics.

Blobbio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jap version's USRDIR has the SVXX .DAT files (from 00 to 18), while the US version only has SV18.DAT. Remaining files XX.DAT differ in size in both versions. From how things look it'd be much easier to import the english script to the japanese version with remaining graphics.

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping it might be possible to just switch around a few files in the English version. Who knows, someone might figure something out.

D

Deleted User

Replying with that kind of thing is just unnecessary. If no one is interested, I'll get no more responses and the thread will die (which is fine).

This subforum is for a console "no one cares" about anymore, does that mean it shouldn't exist? Jeez.
You don't need to be a dick about it. If you want to mod this game, then look into all the details yourself, if you can't find any guides. jeez

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping it might be possible to just switch around a few files in the English version. Who knows, someone might figure something out.

I don't know much about PSP undubs tbh, but didn't BBS: final mix import the english script too?

Edit: tried copy/pasting the XX.DAT files, the game did boot fine, but the script turned into scrambled characters and there were no voices, though graphics were ported successfully.

Last edited by Pablitox,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems it's nontrivial. I too think working with JP version might be easier.
Do those scripts (.dat) have plaintext in them? Is it SHIFT-JIS? Did you try replacing JA characters with other JA characters? Did you try replacing with ASCII characters? Those are things to try, if you feel like it (and the scripts are in plaintext). If not, you'll have to research compression and such.

I don't know about undubs either. Most sites that have them don't link back to a specific URL where they were created.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It seems it's nontrivial. I too think working with JP version might be easier.
Do those scripts (.dat) have plaintext in them? Is it SHIFT-JIS? Did you try replacing JA characters with other JA characters? Did you try replacing with ASCII characters? Those are things to try, if you feel like it (and the scripts are in plaintext). If not, you'll have to research compression and such.

I don't know about undubs either. Most sites that have them don't link back to a specific URL where they were created.

I opened 00.DAT (Japanese version) with crystaltile2 and did a search using アベルト (Abert) and サモンクラスタ (summon cluster), and there wasn't any matches, which leads me to think it is indeed compressed. The text was in SHIFT-JIS but I couldn't change any character.

I know it may sound silly, but can I upload the .DAT file?

Last edited by Pablitox,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That .DAT file is actually a .WAV sound file. Try playing it with an audio player. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Reactions: JamRules

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was thinking about that, only to realize it when it was too late, alright, I'll check another files, sorry :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1