ROM Hack request ntr solution for games that use extened ram

David Rico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The only real solution to this problem is to buy a New3DS.

Oh, sure, it's so easy as write it :D

There are people like me that do not have money, for example, my o3DS was bougth used 'cause a new was so spensive (for me)!

But, yes, I want a N3DS since last year but no money... Allways need to use in some most important things like home, study, clothes, healt, etc, etc, etc!

F*** xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

jeje I allways have seen Jolteon like a male creature... But your picture is very interesting xD

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, sure, it's so easy as write it :D

There are people like me that do not have money, for example, my o3DS was bougth used 'cause a new was so spensive (for me)!

But, yes, I want a N3DS since last year but no money... Allways need to use in some most important things like home, study, clothes, healt, etc, etc, etc!

F*** xD
Just because it sucks, doesn't mean it's not the real solutions.
NTR runs in the background of the game, thus it also needs it's own RAM to work. The nature of extended RAM games basically just boots out NTR so it can get that RAM NTR is occupying. Unless someone can find a practical workaround, there's really no other solution.

Also my signature is Renamon, a Digimon.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I cannot find the NTR mode 3.... Can someone help me please :D

Dude, it's in the NTR source on Github, but you'll need to compile it yourself (which was already stated)

The only real solution to this problem is to buy a New3DS.

I have 2 N3DS' lol, I just don't want my O3DS' to be left out of the fun <3

David Rico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes, i understand, and i was happy using ntr normally, but then reading about there is something like "ntr mode 3" and it could be launched after booting a game O_O

Wow, it was awesome for me, but if it can't be, just can't be, but it was a few cruel when you said that the best solutions was buy a n3ds...

jajajaja I am not so familiar with digimon, but a very god fan of pokemon (games) so I ignored that was a digimon xD lol

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
gate
Just because it sucks, doesn't mean it's not the real solutions.
NTR runs in the background of the game, thus it also needs it's own RAM to work. The nature of extended RAM games basically just boots out NTR so it can get that RAM NTR is occupying. Unless someone can find a practical workaround, there's really no other solution.

Also my signature is Renamon, a Digimon.
gateshark works proveing is not impossbile to get it to work

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i understand, and i was happy using ntr normally, but then reading about there is something like "ntr mode 3" and it could be launched after booting a game O_O

Wow, it was awesome for me, but if it can't be, just can't be, but it was a few cruel when you said that the best solutions was buy a n3ds...

jajajaja I am not so familiar with digimon, but a very god fan of pokemon (games) so I ignored that was a digimon xD lol

Google is your friend https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/blob/master/release/BootNTR-Mode3.cia

As for building it with an updated launcher source, look at the code. There is a build-mode3.bat. I don't see how it can get any easier if you're already able to compile the code. If you are able to compile, I'd recommend pulling from https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR so that it has 11.1 support.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Google is your friend https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/blob/master/release/BootNTR-Mode3.cia

As for building it with an updated launcher source, look at the code. There is a build-mode3.bat. I don't see how it can get any easier if you're already able to compile the code. If you are able to compile, I'd recommend pulling from https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR so that it has 11.1 support.
does it work though have you tested it

too bad they won't give the source people could fix it if they had the source for ntr so really the only way is to make a new cheating engine ot use gateway

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it work though have you tested it

too bad they won't give the source people could fix it if they had the source for ntr so really the only way is to make a new cheating engine ot use gateway
You can thank the trolls for forcing the NTR developer to close source it.

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My tests on the subject:
  • launching ntr mode 3 directly: works but when it's finished it comes back to normal mode so no more ntr
  • Launching ntr mode 3 from a game: crash
Anyway I don't think that the game plugin would have been launched.

Another guess: instead of returning to the normal mode when exiting ntr mode 3, what if we try to launch the game directly from bootntr ?

That way ntr would be launched and maybe the game too without any reboot between.

It's just an idea, my laptop died yesterday and I've only my phone left so I can't test but maybe someone can.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
My tests on the subject:
  • launching ntr mode 3 directly: works but when it's finished it comes back to normal mode so no more ntr
  • Launching ntr mode 3 from a game: crash
Anyway I don't think that the game plugin would have been launched.

Another guess: instead of returning to the normal mode when exiting ntr mode 3, what if we try to launch the game directly from bootntr ?

That way ntr would be launched and maybe the game too without any reboot between.

It's just an idea, my laptop died yesterday and I've only my phone left so I can't test but maybe someone can.
do the older verions of mode 3 work it may not work because of the fork that supports 11.0 have you tried the old version with smash on a lower firmware

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope I didn't. The 3ds I tested on is not mine so I didn't downgrade his system just for a test purpose. :P

But try and give us your results. :)

Also, I recommend making the tests on a 9.0-9.2 version.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
idk why ntr hasn't been replaced with some thing better yet and its no longer getting updates if a cheat system was made thats in the cfw like gateshark it would work and it would be faster and better to use but its probs cause of online cheating that no one wants to makea cheat tool

theres a smash rom hack booter i think idk how it works though with extened memory mode

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
idk why ntr hasn't been replaced with some thing better yet and its no longer getting updates if a cheat system was made thats in the cfw like gateshark it would work and it would be faster and better to use but its probs cause of online cheating that no one wants to makea cheat tool

theres a smash rom hack booter i think idk how it works though with extened memory mode
It's being worked on, Luma already has some of the features of NTR and more are in the works.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well thats the only thing gateway has that luma doesn't a cheat system in the cfw

do the older verions of mode 3 work it may not work because of the fork that supports 11.0 have you tried the old version with smash on a lower firmware
i think youcan use an old nfirm with luma and use the old version

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
gate

gateshark works proveing is not impossbile to get it to work
I am not sure how the gateway feature works, thus I really can't explain why it works.
It might have something to do with the cheats actually being loaded from the Gateway cart and not from the system itself, but I am most likely wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro