Homebrew (Request) Hexen 1 Beyond heretic compiling to 3dsx/cia

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. However, since the 1-4 keys or a cycle weapon option aren't in the controls list, I can't set them to the touch buttons. If you could somehow allow the number keys 1-4 to be bound to buttons, that would be perfect.
That is the solution I originally proposed :) make the touch buttons bind to keys rather than actions.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the solution I originally proposed :) make the touch buttons bind to keys rather than actions.
Can't wait for the update. You've made me so happy with this port. Can't say thanks enough. Is there any way you could also remove the "starting music... Done" and "stopping music... Done" messges? They cover the buttons after a while. Really not a big deal though.

On another note, I was wondering about the 3d in your other release prboom3ds. Is this something you could implement here? I am by no means trying to be greedy here, this port is amazing already and I'm super happy with it, but if the 3d was an easy thing to add it sure would be cool to have here too. Thanks for prboom3ds too btw, that's another one I play a lot. Besides some minor crashing issues it works great!

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for the update. You've made me so happy with this port. Can't say thanks enough. Is there any way you could also remove the "starting music... Done" and "stopping music... Done" messges? They cover the buttons after a while. Really not a big deal though.

On another note, I was wondering about the 3d in your other release prboom3ds. Is this something you could implement here? I am by no means trying to be greedy here, this port is amazing already and I'm super happy with it, but if the 3d was an easy thing to add it sure would be cool to have here too. Thanks for prboom3ds too btw, that's another one I play a lot. Besides some minor crashing issues it works great!
ok - added a remap menu. this allows any button (aside from start and select) plus aux1-aux8 (big touch boxes on the sides of the bottom screen when the mini keyboard is displayed) to be mapped to to any key on the keyboard. this is mainly for the aux1-8 buttons, but since there are a lot of hard coded keyboard assignments still it can come in handy. the assignments do get saved if you exit with the menu. if you mess them up too badly there is an option to reset them to defaults (it is all or nothing though).

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok - added a remap menu. this allows any button (aside from start and select) plus aux1-aux8 (big touch boxes on the sides of the bottom screen when the mini keyboard is displayed) to be mapped to to any key on the keyboard. this is mainly for the aux1-8 buttons, but since there are a lot of hard coded keyboard assignments still it can come in handy. the assignments do get saved if you exit with the menu. if you mess them up too badly there is an option to reset them to defaults (it is all or nothing though).
Awesome! Ty so much! Can't wait to try it out!

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Ty so much! Can't wait to try it out!
Working exactly as intended. You are my hero right now. Hexen on 3ds twin stick shooter style? Omg yes! Lol. Thank you again for doing this. Let me know if I can buy you a beer or something. =D

Edit: Small bug with the text on the bottom screen. As the music messages or file loading from death, etc, show,up, it starts to distort the touch screen buttons, or even make copies overlapping each other (just graphics, can't be pressed). If it goes off long enough it can even push the box to switch keyboard modes off the top if the screen. It can be easily cleared and fixed by changing keyboard modes, then back again, but thought I should mention this.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: mironicurse

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all, I try v0.3-alpha on my 2DS with MH4 demo US installed but it hang at "Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon"
Any help?

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I try v0.3-alpha on my 2DS with MH4 demo US installed but it hang at "Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon"
Any help?
I added a new version v0.5-alpha. I have only run this on a n3ds and an o3ds xl - not sure how different a 2ds is. can you give that a try and let me know how it goes?

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I added a new version v0.5-alpha. I have only run this on a n3ds and an o3ds xl - not sure how different a 2ds is. can you give that a try and let me know how it goes?
Still the same error with v0.5-alpha. Top screen stays black

mironicurse

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Odd thing, but saves seems broken for me. it only can load them when they're saved it current session. If i exit - all saves become broken.
n3ds 11.2 a9 luma, hblauncher 1.2

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd thing, but saves seems broken for me. it only can load them when they're saved it current session. If i exit - all saves become broken.
n3ds 11.2 a9 luma, hblauncher 1.2
I have not upgraded to 11.2. Did this work prior to upgrading? I currently do not have this issue.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not upgraded to 11.2. Did this work prior to upgrading? I currently do not have this issue.
Saves work for me just fine on 11.2.
Unrelated note, I've been trying your heratic port for a while now. It crashes every time the very moment the game loads, sometimes before. N3DS XL. 11.2 (been trying since 10.7) A9LH + Luma. Sorry to mention this here, but I don't see a thread for it anywhere.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves work for me just fine on 11.2.
Unrelated note, I've been trying your heratic port for a while now. It crashes every time the very moment the game loads, sometimes before. N3DS XL. 11.2 (been trying since 10.7) A9LH + Luma. Sorry to mention this here, but I don't see a thread for it anywhere.
Yes, it seems to be a thread priority issue that broke some time after 10 or with luma- not really sure. I have not gotten around to fixing it yet.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it seems to be a thread priority issue that broke some time after 10 or with luma- not really sure. I have not gotten around to fixing it yet.
Ah, good to know it isnt me. Thanks. Give me a holler if you ever get around to fixing that. Love your ports man. Having these games on my 3ds is fantastic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo