[Request] Dungeon Travelers 2-2 PC to Vita English translation port

PrincessLisette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious as to whether anybody is working on porting the recent translation of Dungeon Travelers 2-2 from the PC port to the original Vita release?

Given Dungeon Travelers 2-2 was deconfirmed for a Steam release (effectively killing any chance of the game doing well on PC) and with no Switch version on the way, that would be the next best thing.

Thanks ^^

Reactions: Yarott

PrincessLisette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was one of mine too (despite the fanservice). it's a damn shame it wasn't localised on Vita but at least we have an official release to extract assets from now.

Yarott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at the file structure, the game does have some similar files between both the PC version and the Vita version's game folders, even down to the file names. Can that help as a starting point to port the English script into the Vita version of DT 2-2? Haven't been on this mod/romhacking game in years, so I gotta wonder and mention it here, especially since there is a thread here talking about it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Ibiky_Stern

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to make eng translation, but have no luck with ".tex files" in game folder. Tried about 5-7 programs for extracting/converting in "usable" formats, and nothing. If some one have any success at opening any .tex file in this game - please help
Post automatically merged:

I would like to make eng translation, but have no luck with ".tex files" in game folder. Tried about 5-7 programs for extracting/converting in "usable" formats, and nothing. If some one have any success at opening any .tex file in this game - please help

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I took apart the game and got it somewhat working. But there is a lot of manual stuff that needs to be done.
I've created a couple of tools that allow you to extract/insert images into .tex.
Now that I understand the layout of all the pak/tex files, and how they work I'm able to do pretty much anything we need.

The biggest issue is the game loads font in a completely different way, which makes it so the game will not display English characters everywhere. Cutscenes it will not display any halfwidth char, but in menus no problem it's fine, but the width needs to be corrected.

I posted a couple of pictures to my Twitter with a few more details.
https://x.com/YuviApp/status/1717375312319631811?s=20
Feel free to reach out if anyone is interested in helping.

I'm quite busy on multiple other projects :D

IMG_1319.jpg
IMG_1321.jpg

JohnySanchez

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Omg. I'd love you so much if you can get this done. This is the best dungeon RPG series ever in my opinion 💕
Post automatically merged:

Omg.. I'd love you so much if you can get this done. 💕 Best dungeon RPG series ever in my opinion.

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and packaged up the tools I created and released them on my Git Hub.

https://github.com/Yuvi-App/DungeonTravelers2-2-Toolkit

Which it can extract and create PCK (archive files) so you can get the files in any format you need. Alongside Extract and Create new TEX files as well.
The tools work on PC and VITA copies of the game, even though the file formats are different I created a convertor to handle that :D. This should be most of what you need to do a translation. Just remember it's a lot harder than just copying files over (or else I would have done it already). I explain that above and in the readme.

If you need any help feel free to reach out to me on discord @yuvi or @YuviApp on twitter.

JohnySanchez

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I have zero experience, really wish I could help. 😭 Froid-san did a few of these like to love ru and omega labyrinth, but I think he's not very active anymore.

Shizuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I went ahead and packaged up the tools I created and released them on my Git Hub.

https://github.com/Yuvi-App/DungeonTravelers2-2-Toolkit

Which it can extract and create PCK (archive files) so you can get the files in any format you need. Alongside Extract and Create new TEX files as well.
The tools work on PC and VITA copies of the game, even though the file formats are different I created a convertor to handle that :D. This should be most of what you need to do a translation. Just remember it's a lot harder than just copying files over (or else I would have done it already). I explain that above and in the readme.

If you need any help feel free to reach out to me on discord @yuvi or @YuviApp on twitter.

Hope someone manages to get your tools (and help) to release a patch for this game! Again, thank you for showing us it's possible!

ElvisKocho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I hope this translation gets updated and completed someday(preferably soon :v ) I didn't know that the 2-2 version was on the Vita but in Japanese. Thanks for creating the toolkit.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the file structure, the game does have some similar files between both the PC version and the Vita version's game folders, even down to the file names. Can that help as a starting point to port the English script into the Vita version of DT 2-2? Haven't been on this mod/romhacking game in years, so I gotta wonder and mention it here, especially since there is a thread here talking about it.
I thought the same thing about the save files, but they are not even remotely compatible between PC and VIta. That goes for this game and the predecessor. I imagine there will be some issues with needing to convert the asset files.

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can potentially take a look, but don't have To Heart 1 on Steam yet. I'm sure they did the same thing as i mentioned regarding DT2-2. The PC versions are likely using the newer image version, and vita is at the older version, shouldn't be a problem since my tool converts between the two versions now.

With my tools there isn't really a challenge when it comes to inserting text now.
It simply requires a lot of realigning of images, as PC vs VITA the images are not aligned the same, so you have to realign all the PC (ENG) images to Vita Alignment. This is because the PC versions has much higher quality assets.

Lastly you just need to fix the font by using a different font file and fixing it in the game. Other then that is should just mostly work at that point.

Now I cant say for certain this all apply to DT1 for vita, but id place my bets it does. However when I have time ill take a look to verify it, and update my tools if needed to support it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1