Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@wicksand420 @ploggy

Modding Pikmin short movies to create a MP4player is a good idea. Thank you for your work.
Maybe you could create a thread for this and ask for someone able to redirect video into usb port and replace all the pictures with wii u mp4 player pictures.

I'm very interested in a video player for my wii u and wiimc seems to be stopped.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@wicksand420 @ploggy

Modding Pikmin short movies to create a MP4player is a good idea. Thank you for your work.
Maybe you could create a thread for this and ask for someone able to redirect video into usb port and replace all the pictures with wii u mp4 player pictures.

I'm very interested in a video player for my wii u and wiimc seems to be stopped.
The truth is even if we could mod Pikmin "Vidmin" ;) to redirect to sd/usb it would still be limited to playing only MP4 files. No other file format I tried has worked.
The only options I can see is either..
Porting WiiMC
Using Retroarch (the Pc version has the ability to play movies) WiiU cant currently do this though.
Porting another open source Media Player (https://movian.tv/) this player has PPC support and is the PS3's Homebrew Mediaplayer and is open source :)

retroboy80

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all! Is it possible to inject some wii loader (wiiflow, cfg usb loader, etc) and play backups (from sd) by gamepad pro?
tnx in advance!

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! Is it possible to inject some wii loader (wiiflow, cfg usb loader, etc) and play backups (from sd) by gamepad pro?
tnx in advance!
Yes you can, I got USB Loader GX working by injecting a forwarder dol. Nintendont is also a loader that only works under vWii.

Sadly I tried Wii64 and Not64, and while they both work just fine, they are always looking for a Wiimote, so it doesn't detect the wii u pad.

retroboy80

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes you can, I got USB Loader GX working by injecting a forwarder dol. Nintendont is also a loader that only works under vWii.

Sadly I tried Wii64 and Not64, and while they both work just fine, they are always looking for a Wiimote, so it doesn't detect the wii u pad.

Do you use WiiVC script and Fix94 chan booter or something else? can you explain me?

wernbw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi,

I used this tool so I could play Resident Evil and I have two questions:
  • How can I change the screen ratio to 4:3?

• How does the second disk work? what I need to do when the game asks me to insert the second disk?
Thank you for your help.

Can someone help me, please?

I was looking at the changelog and I saw this: "- Replaced Nintendont forwarders with 1.1 versions from FIX94 and added Autoboot and 4:3 options"

But this option is never asked in the inject script.

desvamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can someone help me, please?

I was looking at the changelog and I saw this: "- Replaced Nintendont forwarders with 1.1 versions from FIX94 and added Autoboot and 4:3 options"

But this option is never asked in the inject script.

These options are only for GC games, they are not necessary for Wii games. In case you are using GC isos and not getting the options, do remember to rename the "game.iso" to "game.gcm"

wernbw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
These options are only for GC games, they are not necessary for Wii games. In case you are using GC isos and not getting the options, do remember to rename the "game.iso" to "game.gcm"

I've already did this, but the script doesn't ask about screen ratio in any moment.

The only things that ask are: name, publisher, autoboot and meta title ID. Nothing more. :unsure:

EDIT: yes, I'm talking about GameCube games.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already did this, but the script doesn't ask about screen ratio in any moment.

The only things that ask are: name, publisher, autoboot and meta title ID. Nothing more. :unsure:

EDIT: yes, I'm talking about GameCube games.
If your not getting the options for screen size then the script is detecting the GC as Wii so I'm guessing you didn't rename the iso to gcm

Last edited by wolf_,

wernbw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If your not getting the options for autoboot then the script is detecting the GC as Wii so I'm guessing you didn't rename the iso to gcm

Yes I did. game.gcm and disc2.gcm.

But what you mean with the options for autoboot? when it says: "Do you want your game to autoboot" I say Yes because it's the default answer.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The truth is even if we could mod Pikmin "Vidmin" ;) to redirect to sd/usb it would still be limited to playing only MP4 files. No other file format I tried has worked.
The only options I can see is either..
Porting WiiMC
Using Retroarch (the Pc version has the ability to play movies) WiiU cant currently do this though.
Porting another open source Media Player (https://movian.tv/) this player has PPC support and is the PS3's Homebrew Mediaplayer and is open source :)
Have you delve into messing around with Star Fox Zero The Battle Begins + Training [0005000010201B00]?
It uses .usm packages which extract to m2v (video) and hca (audio).
I figured out how to extract the file in question and convert it, but not sure how to reverse the process.
Star Fox Zero The Battle Begins + Training [0005000010201B00]\content\movie\TheBattleBegins_01.usm

VGMToolbox
> Stream Tools
>> Video Demultiplexer
Format: USM (CRI Movie 2)
Extract.

= TheBattleBegins_01_40534641.hca [blank audio]
= TheBattleBegins_01_40534656.m2v [Video]
= TheBattleBegins_01_42534641.hca [English audio]
= TheBattleBegins_01_49534641.hca [French Canada audio]

HCA Decoder v2
http://zenhax.com/download/file.php?id=2836
Place the .hca file(s) in "files_hca"
Run Decode&Extract .hca to .wav.bat
Files will be placed in seperate folders in "Done_wav".

ffmpeg [Windows: https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/]
ffmpeg -i TheBattleBegins_01_40534656.m2v -i TheBattleBegins_01_42534641.wav TheBattleBegins_01_40534656.mkv
This probably isn't as useful as the Pikmin UI, but was curious if you found any differences.
Status update:

Been sick most of this week so haven't had much time to debug, the injector re-write is mostly complete and working properly besides a few usability issues. Once I fix those usability issues I'll try and get it into the hands of testers asap.
and to be back on topic, looking forward to any status updates; been following along fervently before making any conversions.

Last edited by datahoarder,

SikeMike03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this able to be done without Haxchi? I currently have Mocha/redNAND and haven't switched over since it's worked so far. I've been getting the black screen and then am kicked back to sysnand which I'm assuming is because vWii doesn't work in redNAND. I've read Reecey's post that mentions a solution when dealing with rednand, but haven't had any luck.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Kodi actually open source?
Iirc it has been discussed and devs concluided it's not worth of it since there are a lot of more practical devices for media playing.
Its definitely open source, but i'm not sure how easy it would be to get working on wii u.

on a side note there are a ton of plugins and stuff for it as well

Last edited by wicksand420,

retroboy80

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I used ModMii to create a forwarder dol and then renamed it boot.dol to use with the script from the OP.
Do you use "Forwarder > Dol > SD\USB Forwarder" or "Forwarder > Dol > Channel Forwarder" in modmii?
And what do you mean for "script from the OP" it is not WiiVC Injector Script?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed on the github for Nintendont people are saying they have issues when running sign_c2w_patcher and then Nintendont. My question is, in which scenario would you need to run sign_c2w_patcher prior to Nintendont?

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I noticed on the github for Nintendont people are saying they have issues when running sign_c2w_patcher and then Nintendont. My question is, in which scenario would you need to run sign_c2w_patcher prior to Nintendont?

Isn't sign_c2w_patcher to allow homebrew stuff like Homebrew Launcher, Wup Installer GX and other custom channels (not to say about pirated stuff)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far