Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just re-downloaded it (on a new computer, too) and found the exact same thing happened. Here's the log again.

Not sure what to tell you, the boot.dol you provided is getting copied as main.dol successfully but WIT isn't seeing it. Is it possible you are running low on hard disc space and WIT is throwing the wrong error? Have you tried running this script on another computer or from a different storage drive?

@KhaderWelaye This is not relating to the script exactly, but I am making a script for a different purpose, and using JNUSTool works, but I want it to stop opening that GUI asking what files it should download. I pass it all the same parameters you do, the title ID and the title key, and it doesn't start downloading like it does for you, it opens a window asking me what files.

ALSO not sure what to tell you, have you specified the config file for JNUSTool correctly? If I were you I'd seek help here.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, or if this is not the thread for this question, but I want to know if there's any way I can be able to do the exact thing I want via Wii injection.
  • I want to boot Nintendont from the Wii U menu.
  • I want to use the GameCube controller as Player 1.
  • I want to be able to get back to the Wii U menu without having to use a Wiimote.
So far, I've tried with several solutions but none completely matches my needs.
  • If I inject Nintendont (or a game) with Wii injection, I can't use the GCN gamepad for Player 1.
  • If I use a Haxchi forwarder for Nintendont, I can't go back to the Wii U menu without having to use a Wiimote.
  • If I use a Haxchi forwarder for USB Loader GX, I have to use the Wii U Pro Controller to navigate the interface.
Is there any chance I can get GCN games to behave like this, or is it just a lost cause?

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I've been running into issues compiling lately. The first few worked flawlessly (minus Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn with Classic Controller since it would only mimic the Wii remote but I know the warnings).

2.25 worked fine for me but I ran into an issue where it stopped working and kept saying my ISOs (converted from wbfs) were bad (which I know aren't since I play them on USBLoaderGX as wbfs all the time). I hoped 2.26 would solve my problems but alas same issues. Attached is my log for Donkey Kong Country Returns. It seems to happen on both Wii and GC injects. Help? Thanks!

Attachments

• log.txt
    63.2 KB · Views: 230

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You definitely have a bad dump/bad conversion/bad download or region mismatch (playing pal iso on ntsc wii u or other way around)
Last thing can be fixed by patching the games video mode with any tool that can patch video modes of a wii disc. Others by redownloading.

I have personally dumped and packed with this script my own copy of MadWorld and it functions perfectly. No issues exiting the game or anything.

That's weird, I installed MadWorld the other day and it works perfectly fine for me. NTSC version btw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anybody here managed to create a 'forwarder' for WiiWare games such as Castlevania ReBirth?

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure what to tell you, the boot.dol you provided is getting copied as main.dol successfully but WIT isn't seeing it. Is it possible you are running low on hard disc space and WIT is throwing the wrong error? Have you tried running this script on another computer or from a different storage drive?

I don't think so. I've run the script off of both an external drive (with about ~3.5tb of free space) and the computer's internal hard drive. And the second computer I tried it from today was a fresh Boot Camp Partition I made today with nothing else on it, and about 150gb of free space. I don't think the Boot Camp part would affect the script's ability to run, so I don't know what else it could be. I suppose I'll just wait for version 3.0 and hope that works.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. I've run the script off of both an external drive (with about ~3.5tb of free space) and the computer's internal hard drive. And the second computer I tried it from today was a fresh Boot Camp Partition I made today with nothing else on it, and about 150gb of free space. I don't think the Boot Camp part would affect the script's ability to run, so I don't know what else it could be. I suppose I'll just wait for version 3.0 and hope that works.
And you're just using the WiiVC Channel Booter DOL files with your title.txt in the TOOLS\HOMEBREWBASE\files folder right? That's what it looks like at least.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry if this has been asked before, or if this is not the thread for this question, but I want to know if there's any way I can be able to do the exact thing I want via Wii injection.
  • I want to boot Nintendont from the Wii U menu.
  • I want to use the GameCube controller as Player 1.
  • I want to be able to get back to the Wii U menu without having to use a Wiimote.
So far, I've tried with several solutions but none completely matches my needs.
  • If I inject Nintendont (or a game) with Wii injection, I can't use the GCN gamepad for Player 1.
  • If I use a Haxchi forwarder for Nintendont, I can't go back to the Wii U menu without having to use a Wiimote.
  • If I use a Haxchi forwarder for USB Loader GX, I have to use the Wii U Pro Controller to navigate the interface.
Is there any chance I can get GCN games to behave like this, or is it just a lost cause?
1 -you can if you choose not to use the gamepad when launching wiivc, the gampad if selected to use will always take 1 spot.you can return to wiiu menu by pressing home or exit combo.

Reactions: Goloki

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 -you can if you choose not to use the gamepad when launching wiivc, the gampad if selected to use will always take 1 spot.you can return to wiiu menu by pressing home or exit combo.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

Let's say I inject Nintendont as a Wii VC game. When I boot it up, I have two options: to use the gamepad as a controller or not to use it as a controller. If I choose the former, the gamepad becomes Player 1 and I can't use the GCN controller via the official adapter as Player 1. If I choose the latter, then the Wii U asks me to point the Wiimote to the screen, which is exactly what I want to avoid: having to use extra controllers to play GCN games, especially the Wiimote.

Can you tell me what process I should follow to achieve what I want?

Borsalino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried using .gct cheat codes on injected Wii games? I'm having trouble making it work. I'm trying to cheat the gold for Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn PAL version. So far I've tried:

Nintendont settings:
- enable cheats
- enable cheat path

Placed the .gct file on the following locations:
- sd:\codes\RFEP01.gct
- sd:\games\RFEP01\RFEP01.gct

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Has anyone tried using .gct cheat codes on injected Wii games? I'm having trouble making it work. I'm trying to cheat the gold for Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn PAL version. So far I've tried:

Nintendont settings:
- enable cheats
- enable cheat path

Try renaming the cheat file to game.gct

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry to keep asking questions, but I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

Let's say I inject Nintendont as a Wii VC game. When I boot it up, I have two options: to use the gamepad as a controller or not to use it as a controller. If I choose the former, the gamepad becomes Player 1 and I can't use the GCN controller via the official adapter as Player 1. If I choose the latter, then the Wii U asks me to point the Wiimote to the screen, which is exactly what I want to avoid: having to use extra controllers to play GCN games, especially the Wiimote.

Can you tell me what process I should follow to achieve what I want?
thats how wiivc inject works its not our fault that it doesnt start unless it detets a wiimote on the screen, no one will rewrite the wiivc injection start.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendont settings:
- enable cheats
- enable cheat path

I think its SD:\games\RFPE01/cheat/RFPE01.gct

folder name cheat or cheats. I forget. But i think that's how it sets up.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Nintendont settings:
- enable cheats
- enable cheat path

That's obviously a Wii game, Nintendont is for Gamecube games

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've injected GC games just fine, but when I try a wii game WIT fails for some reason :s I'm sure my dump is a clean one, as I just made it yesterday and it runs fine in Dolphin ;)

Here is my log.

Attachments

• log.txt
    53.6 KB · Views: 227

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have two problem :

1- I need to launch nintendont vwii wad and return to wiiu menu (without shutdown) to that gcvc game work, why ?

2- Super Mario strickers reboot my wiiu, why ? (I try with two different dump, one full (1:1) and another which is compress I believe)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up