Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nothing against Retroarch, but any chance in updating wii homebrew like vgbax, snes9x, wiiflow, USB Config, or LoaderGX to load from the vwii u with gamepad control support? I've tried to convert a couple already but there's no gamepad control unless i'm doing something wrong.
obviously you need to add gamepad codding to them manualy and recompiling them lol.

lva

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have tried to run WiiVC injector 2.2.4, 2.2.5 and now 2.2.6 on 3 different computers with 3 different networks on Windows 7 and Windows 10 with not64 forwarder, nintendont forwarder and a game.gcm but fail to get to the end with the message: robocopy fail error message.
I have uninstall java, reinstall it on 2 of the computers but no success. I tried to look at the registry for some java older version but no success so far. What could be the problem?

@KhaderWelaye had you seen this post?

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone ! Unfortunately I don't have Windows at home so I can't expriment all of that :( Anybody could PM me a link for an installable WiiSXR with Fix94 exit fix and overclock ? That would be awesome !
Edit : managed to build it from a friend's PC ! Awesome stuff !

Last edited by MaitreLLD,

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have tried to run WiiVC injector 2.2.4, 2.2.5 and now 2.2.6 on 3 different computers with 3 different networks on Windows 7 and Windows 10 with not64 forwarder, nintendont forwarder and a game.gcm but fail to get to the end with the message: robocopy fail error message.
I have uninstall java, reinstall it on 2 of the computers but no success. I tried to look at the registry for some java older version but no success so far. What could be the problem?

@KhaderWelaye had you seen this post?

You're using the wrong Title Key. I obviously can't tell you what the right one is, but the reason the script isn't warning you is because the first part of the wrong Title Key you're using matches the correct Title Key. (It only checks the first 4 characters).

Go find the right Title Key for Title ID 00050000101b0700 on that one Title Key site.

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone posted forwarders for WiiWare titles such as Mega Man 9/10 Contra Rebirth etc or a tutorial on how to make them? I've been scanning over these threads for like an hour and can't find anything that points to either. I'll love you forever if you do :)

ER_Mac3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How does two disc games work? Just inject them separately and Nintendont will track the second one even though it's injected in another WUP installed app?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How does two disc games work? Just inject them separately and Nintendont will track the second one even though it's injected in another WUP installed app?
no you inject them together on the same wup

first disc named game.gcm second disc named disc2.gcm, the script will put both on the same wup.

Reactions: ER_Mac3

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anyone posted forwarders for WiiWare titles such as Mega Man 9/10 Contra Rebirth etc or a tutorial on how to make them? I've been scanning over these threads for like an hour and can't find anything that points to either. I'll love you forever if you do :)
Install the WiiWare to vWii, download https://github.com/FIX94/wiivc_chan_booter/releases and put it as boot.dol in source_files folder with the boottvtex.png and icontex.png. Put a title.txt with the title ID of the WiiWare in tools/homebrewbase/files and run the script

Last edited by aarti,

ER_Mac3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no you inject them together on the same wup

first disc named game.gcm second disc named disc2.gcm, the script will put both on the same wup.

In this case can I activate autoboot on launch and Nintendont handles in which disc my progress currently is?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Install the WiiWare to vWii, download https://github.com/FIX94/wiivc_chan_booter/releases and put it as boot.dol in source_files folder with the boottvtex.png and icontex.png. Put a title.txt with the title ID of the WiiWare in tools/homebrewbase/files and run the script
It kinda works, on Mega Man 9 when I select play with the gamepad only it still only recognize the Wiimote as player 1, it doesn't detect gamepad inputs,not even home button.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It kinda works, on Mega Man 9 when I select play with the gamepad only it still only recognize the Wiimote as player 1, it doesn't detect gamepad inputs,not even home button.
you obviously have to edit the script batch file where the -homebrew -passthrough line is and change it, passthrough only works in homebrew apps, specifically for megaman you'd need -homebrew -vertical.

djender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
When using the script with a GC game it asks about "autoboot" but the post doesn't mention anything about this..? What is it and how to make it work?

Last edited by djender,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
you obviously have to edit the script batch file where the -homebrew -passthrough line is and change it, passthrough only works in homebrew apps, specifically for megaman you'd need -homebrew -vertical.
So I change it from:
Code:
IF "%gamefile%"=="boot.dol" ..\..\TOOLS\Storage\nfs2iso2nfs.exe -enc -homebrew -iso "game.iso"

to:
Code:
IF "%gamefile%"=="boot.dol" ..\..\TOOLS\Storage\nfs2iso2nfs.exe -enc -homebrew -iso -vertical "game.iso"

?

Last edited by cucholix,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why is no -passthrough in that first line? you sure thats the latest script and nfs2iso2nfs? I split -homebrew up into both -homebrew -passthrough in later versions. Also no, it has to be right behind each other, -homebrew -vertical and THEN the -iso "game.iso" thing.
actually it seems like the latest script version DOES ask for passthrough, but it does not seem to ask for -vertical or anything like that so you'll have to edit it anyways.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
why is no -passthrough in that first line? you sure thats the latest script and nfs2iso2nfs? I split -homebrew up into both -homebrew -passthrough in later versions. Also no, it has to be right behind each other, -homebrew -vertical and THEN the -iso "game.iso" thing.
actually it seems like the latest script version DOES ask for passthrough, but it does not seem to ask for -vertical or anything like that so you'll have to edit it anyways.
Was using an old version, my bad, here's the line:

Code:
IF "%gamefile%"=="boot.dol" ..\..\TOOLS\Storage\nfs2iso2nfs.exe -enc -homebrew%passpatch% -iso "..\..\ISOBUILDTEMP\game.iso"

Although Mega Man 9 uses cc natively, it's necessary put -vertical still?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch