Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi, first of all thanks for this huge program,
it seems like even using the new feature of press play in the gui of wiiusb helper, the dlc and updates do not install(or at least in mario kart 8 and super smash bros wii u the version does not change and dlc does not appear)
any idea?

Would it be possible to have the option to tell the program where our version of Cemu is that we already have instead of downloading a new copy of the emulator? I tried testing this out by downloading "New Super Mario Bros. U", and the newest update. (I already had the game on my PC, but couldn't figure out how to update it, so I wanted to try the auto-update feature) I set up Cemu to treat my controller as a Pro Controller, since it can't do Wii Remotes, and I would like to try and set up multiplayer. The game didn't run the update, and the controller was completely useless.

Since you're asking for the directory contents for the other person with the same problem, I need to ask: what exactly do you need in the directory? I went to the same directory and got a single folder marked "10101d00". Inside of that is the "code", "content", and "meta" folders for NSMBU.

Thing is the app automatically manages the installation of Cemu in order to facilitate the installation of maintenance for inexperienced users. It also enables the app to update it if required. By the way, after some reading I think only the latest version of Cemu, which is not yet available to the public, supports dlc and updates.
Unfortunately you will have to wait for it to be released :(
Ps, I would suggest that you import your settings.bin from your Cemu to DATA/EMULATORS/Cemu/BIN

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: xZabuzax

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, after some reading I think only the latest version of Cemu, which is not yet available, supports dlc and updates.
Unfortunately you will have to wait for it to be released :(

This is correct!, the latest version Cemu v1.7.3d is the one that supports Updates and DLC, that version is not available to the public yet, only the Patreons supporters have that version.

BTW, I've recently (yesterday) found out about this Wii U USB Helper program and my gawd, this program is way too awesome to pass, can't believe I've never heard about this program before. The GUI of this program is pretty awesome and to top it off, this program is pretty darn easy to use! can't get any better than this!

Would be nice to have the option to be able to install the Updates and DLC from this program directly to our Cemu directory, this way the program doesn't have to download a new Cemu version.

Anyways, thanks for this awesome program Hikari06!

Reactions: zeldaism

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Dear, can you add a separate tab which shows downloaded DLC and Updates thus can unpack these without adding them to download again. Currently they do not show in download tab thus cannot be unpacked. Only full games which are downloaded are shown.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's fine then, it's just one more step. What I'd really like is for the ability to copy just the save to USB without copying all the game data, I don't know what experimental drug Nintendo were on when they did that.
Ridiculous hey? Sony did the same thing with the Vita

On another note, is there any way to check for new updates/dlc for games that I've downloaded?

briantho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and thank you for your message.
It appears the issue only occurs when the user has more than 8GB installed.
Could you please tell me how much memory is actually used by the app, as reported by the task manager?

Hi, I'm the app is currently using 215MB, sometimes hits 240, but never goes past 300MB, currently with everything else running, including the os, all background programs, and the browser i'm writing this post on, I'm using 40% of my 24gb of ram. I'm currently downloading lego batman 3 as a test, and it's about 90% done. when I first started the app, my ram usage was 24%, so ya....
Let me know if there's any other info I can provide to help you fix this memory leak

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using 40% of my 24gb of ram. ... when I first started the app, my ram usage was 24%, so ya....
Your system should use available memory for file mapping and things like that. Is the process' working set and commit growing enough to cover the RAM usage? Have you looked at what your memory is allocated to using something like sysinternals RAMMAP? Observing that your computer is using its RAM doesn't mean that there's a memory leak in the program.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so only the newest version of Cemu supports updates? Alright, then. I can wait. I thought it was just DLC that was supported. I have a little brother who was really disappointed that I couldn't set up a multiplayer game with him last weekend. That's why I was wanting to get updates working.

malikoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hey! Thank you so much for this awesome tool. Everything worked perfectly, from the download to the installing, PERFECT.

I have a question out of pure curiosity. What does it mean when the game or DLC or whatever has the "CFW ONLY" tag? I'm a total newbie when it comes to hacking and modding. So simple concepts and explanations if possible hahaha.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Thank you so much for this awesome tool. Everything worked perfectly, from the download to the installing, PERFECT.

I have a question out of pure curiosity. What does it mean when the game or DLC or whatever has the "CFW ONLY" tag? I'm a total newbie when it comes to hacking and modding. So simple concepts and explanations if possible hahaha.
It means you need to have a custom firmware installed on your wii u in order to use it.

malikoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It means you need to have a custom firmware installed on your wii u in order to use it.

Does that mean that when installing it, I have to first pop up the sfw.img and then WUPInstaller? Or that I must start the .img before using it every time?

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean that when installing it, I have to first pop up the sfw.img and then WUPInstaller? Or that I must start the .img before using it every time?
Every time you run it. Though I only run Mocha CFW from homebrew channel, which works fine for me. But I don't know if it's dangerous doing it that way or not.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Alright guys, greats news!
Starting from v194, USB Helper will automatically apply updates and dlc (if you have downloaded them) when you hit the "Play" button !
This way you can now play the games on your computer in one click :)
Please note that I'm unfortunately unable to test this on my computer so it'd be awesome if you could check it out and report so I can make adjustments if necessary :)

EDIT : Apparently only Cemu 1.7.3 which is not yet available to the public supports that. Your version will be automatically updated when it's released.
If you want I can share my Donate version with you as long as you don't share it further. They check the donation key and when they see it's being used by a lot of people they'll block it.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
If you want I can share my Donate version with you as long as you don't share it further. They check the donation key and when they see it's being used by a lot of people they'll block it.
Thanks for the offer, I guess I could try to see if it works in advance then, that is if I manage to at least emulate a game up to the main menu xD
Hi, I'm the app is currently using 215MB, sometimes hits 240, but never goes past 300MB, currently with everything else running, including the os, all background programs, and the browser i'm writing this post on, I'm using 40% of my 24gb of ram. I'm currently downloading lego batman 3 as a test, and it's about 90% done. when I first started the app, my ram usage was 24%, so ya....
Let me know if there's any other info I can provide to help you fix this memory leak
215MB seems pretty normal for me at the moment. Considering the very nature of C# apps, memory is only cleaned up when the system is out of memory. I have actually very little control over that and the more memory you have the less likely it is that your OS will trigger garbage collection. It shoud not be an issue though since memory is managed automatically and freed whenever required.

st0nedpenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man this thing makes dealing with Wii U updates and DLC so much easier.

Is there any chance of an option to specify separate locations for the downloaded and installed game directories though? It'd be nice to toss the games on SSD and keep the downloads on a spinning drive.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Improvement suggestion: The program should first look if the game was already extracted after downloading (via the optional option) and then use these files instead of extracting again when you hit "Play".

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the video there is a step before the WUP installer. It is CFW.LOADER. is this step mandatory?

Because when i click that nothing happens. I only see a white screen with Wiiu logo and under WiiU menu.

EDIT: I skiped CFW and it worked.

Last edited by Kladde,

briantho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the offer, I guess I could try to see if it works in advance then, that is if I manage to at least emulate a game up to the main menu xD

215MB seems pretty normal for me at the moment. Considering the very nature of C# apps, memory is only cleaned up when the system is out of memory. I have actually very little control over that and the more memory you have the less likely it is that your OS will trigger garbage collection. It shoud not be an issue though since memory is managed automatically and freed whenever required.

Hi, so are you saying this is normal? I'm currently trying a few more downloads again, and I've noticed from the time I started the program to now the overall memory usage of my system has grown from roughly 5gb to 18gb of total usage. Still Task manager says Wii U USB Helper is only using about 200mb of ram. I've also noticed that after I close the program ram usage will stop increasing, but will not go back down. Also, I've had this happen twice now, but my computer crashed because it ran out of memory, when I was downloading a large game and I went away for a while, I came back and it said a warning came up and said the computer was out of memory. I noticed at that point that the mouse became unresponsive, and I had to force shut down my computer. This was roughly a month ago, so I've limited the amount I download at a time, to prevent the ram usage from increasing too much. Is there anything that can be done about this? Also, so I don't know much about C# programming, but are you saying that this is normal behavior?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
In the video there is a step before the WUP installer. It is CFW.LOADER. is this step mandatory?

Because when i click that nothing happens. I only see a white screen with Wiiu logo and under WiiU menu.

EDIT: I skiped CFW and it worked.

CFW only is required for titles marked as "CFW only" in the app.

Improvement suggestion: The program should first look if the game was already extracted after downloading (via the optional option) and then use these files instead of extracting again when you hit "Play".

Man this thing makes dealing with Wii U updates and DLC so much easier.

Is there any chance of an option to specify separate locations for the downloaded and installed game directories though? It'd be nice to toss the games on SSD and keep the downloads on a spinning drive.

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll see what I can do.

Hi, so are you saying this is normal? I'm currently trying a few more downloads again, and I've noticed from the time I started the program to now the overall memory usage of my system has grown from roughly 5gb to 18gb of total usage. Still Task manager says Wii U USB Helper is only using about 200mb of ram. I've also noticed that after I close the program ram usage will stop increasing, but will not go back down. Also, I've had this happen twice now, but my computer crashed because it ran out of memory, when I was downloading a large game and I went away for a while, I came back and it said a warning came up and said the computer was out of memory. I noticed at that point that the mouse became unresponsive, and I had to force shut down my computer. This was roughly a month ago, so I've limited the amount I download at a time, to prevent the ram usage from increasing too much. Is there anything that can be done about this? Also, so I don't know much about C# programming, but are you saying that this is normal behavior?

No it's clearly not normal for your computer to run out of memory given your amount of RAM. The app does use a bit of memory, but normally not that much.
What puzzles me though is that apparently the amount of ram usage reported by the task manager doesn't go above 200mb, which is relatively normal.
I have been able to download Xenoblade Chronicles X (which is one of the largest wiiu games out there) on a computer with 4GB of ram without any issue.
So obviously something is going on here, although I must admit I'm not exactly sure what since a memory leak of such magnitude would normally be directly indicated in the reported ram usage of the process.

bigballs1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You must have been using a reaaaally old version of the app though since the last time I changed directory structure was in December
no, only installed within the last few weeks, weird! maybe i messed with the folders when a bit wasted lol but i don't think i did. anyway, it's working great now, cheers :grog:
could u implement something to help us determine which system the newly added titles are for? i'm sure you have plenty of time to change stuff you've kindly brought to us already lol
wouldn't it be nice if one day this application also supported the switch B-)

You can easily use the import feature if you want the app to automatically rearrange your wii u games.

thanks man this is sweet as others are saying great for keeping things up to date!
the power of this thing is snowballing!!

Last edited by bigballs1981,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1